Building in Thailand (Phuket)

Hi again guys, 

We are looking into building on our land in Phuket. I guess I'm looking to understand the process around getting drawings to applying for consent to the actual build of the house. 

I myself am a builder by trade so I would like to be involved as much as possible in the whole process if that's legal? If yes to what extent can I be involved without it being considered as working illegally? 

Any advice is greatly appreciated 

3 hours ago, Bigben22 said:

I myself am a builder by trade so I would like to be involved as much as possible in the whole process if that's legal? If yes to what extent can I be involved without it being considered as working illegally? 

As long as all you do is give instructions to other people it's probably legal. Doing your own technical drawings, for example, would probably not be legal.

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

As long as all you do is give instructions to other people it's probably legal. Doing your own technical drawings, for example, would probably not be legal.

Agreed but if you don't advertise the fact your going to do a lot of the work, no one will bat an eyelid exept of course the moral WP police on here.

Edited by jeab1980

I have had several houses built in Phuket, mostly in the central region around Kathu. Have had good performance with architect, builders and permits. I do not do any form of consulting but be glad to have a talk with you. Live in Loch Palms area so PM if you want more info.

Doing your own technical drawings, for example, would probably not be legal.

A suggestion from me, based on experience.

Don't do the drawings yourself, and don't outsource that job to anyone else unless they work in the same local government office that will grant you building permission :)  

You can save yourself time and money....

2 hours ago, keeniau96 said:

I have had several houses built in Phuket, mostly in the central region around Kathu. Have had good performance with architect, builders and permits. I do not do any form of consulting but be glad to have a talk with you. Live in Loch Palms area so PM if you want more info.

Thanks for the reply. 

We we are currently out of Thailand for 6 months and are looking to start building towards the end of the year early next year in Rawai. I guess at this stage we are looking at where to start and what the legal process of being able to build is, any advice from your experience(s) would be appreciated.