Feared computer crime law goes into effect

snoop1130

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

But it`s not, otherwise the government would not have introduced the Computer Crimes Act and people would not be serving prison sentences for clicking a like on facebook.

Is the bold actually true, there are people currently in prison for only clicking like on FB? ....cos if not, according to the article you are in violation of Computer Crimes Act.

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

Can you imagine the international backlash there would be if the government went after a Westerner for insulting the PM online. It just wouldn't be worth all the aggro. 

A lot easier to just lock up poor locals and use them as example. It seems nobody cares about them. 

15 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Right. I have warned people in my family and friends both in Thailand and abroad to be careful what they say on facebook. I would even be careful what we say here on TV or any other Thai forums.

Think this is paranoia, are people willing to take the chance that its not. We all ready know that government spies are watching us and even if not, whatever we do online can be reported. 

Your only paranoid if their not out to get you...

4 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

No need to worry about jeopardizing our freedoms they are already compromised. 

Compromised if only

They do not exist in the land of nod

They do elsewhere and nice to have that feeling that no knock on the door is coming from any little plod because I told the truth about a country that is raping the intelligence of its own people while making the country look so stupid in the rest of the worlds eyes.

CCA Toilet Paper at best

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

possibility of them affecting the exercise of rights and freedom of the people.

Oh, it's not a possibility but a certainty when a group that rules by absolute and unaccountable power - people's rights and freedom are only a passing irritation.

VPN

Buy one and get a good one 3000B a year it encrypts on your computer takes you out of the country you are in (if you set it right) to another country where the VPN company has a server and then makes the connection you want from that server and not the local ISP which know you have a connection but not what is being viewed.

So if the BIB want to know whats going down your connection they have to apply to the VPN company (in another country) or a court in the country where the VPN Company has a server that is being used. In most cases the BIB will not even try, as the answer will be Sorry no as your request is for political reasons. So Sod Off would be the reply. UK is a prime example with its Data Laws.

You will be caught (locally) if they get your computer and see you saved files on it, also get rid of any history via your browser do not let it save it. and never admit anything even if they say we caught you.

Computer science in this neck of the woods is of the lowest standards and they try to make it up as they go along. Having fought with this lot after being set up by a local crook and his family Bib and Attorney, I was shocked just how little they knew right up to the ministry of D who cannot even make a wc3 complaint website.

Mind you best idea is just leave, as the world outside the chicken pen is much better. And yes you can still wear shorts and a Tshirt, weather this week amazing and can sit outside and work on the computer Lovely Jubley as dell boy used to say.

Stay safe.

I  Love  Thailand the Thai people and Thai  laws, Thailand is the greatest, Thank you..............about sums  up what can "actually" be said.............lovely new clothes you have on there Emperor

6 minutes ago, kannot said:

I  Love  Thailand the Thai people and Thai  laws, Thailand is the greatest, Thank you..............about sums  up what can "actually" be said.............lovely new clothes you have on there Emperor

Yer, nobody ever criticises the thais or the thai gov on these boards....true story bro!

Edited by onthesoi

2 hours ago, baboon said:

How kind of you to post. How kind indeed.

I was just thinking for a moment there about Anne Frank, but that was just a blip in the old brain. Pay no notice.

Well, you asked for it, now you`ve got it and hope you appreciate it.

3 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Well, you asked for it, now you`ve got it and hope you appreciate it.

I appreciate everything Thailand has to offer its  lovely people , govt, culture, every things  lovely incredible, wonderful, theyre the best, three cheers for their leader, fantastic  job well done, support them  fully, hip hip...............

1 hour ago, kannot said:

I appreciate everything Thailand has to offer its  lovely people , govt, culture, every things  lovely incredible, wonderful, theyre the best, three cheers for their leader, fantastic  job well done, support them  fully, hip hip...............

What about tradition?

I appreciate everything Thailand has to offer its ... quadrennial military coups to reaffirm rule of the elite over the polity with absolute power. Truly a Thai tradition that keeps on giving ... to the elite.

8 hours ago, Srikcir said:

What about tradition?

I appreciate everything Thailand has to offer its ... quadrennial military coups to reaffirm rule of the elite over the polity with absolute power. Truly a Thai tradition that keeps on giving ... to the elite.

You choose to live in Thailand, so what`s the point of complaining? All of us foreigners living here are in this together and imposed to go along with the flow, whether we like it or not. We either except the rules or we don`t. If belonging to a club and don`t like the house rules, then join another club.

As for me, I could return to England, with the constant threat of terrorism and no go areas, with it`s cultural enrichment, young thugs claiming the streets as their own territories, being called a racist for displaying the Union Jack and being tied down with a mortgage and huge home bills, including council tax and TV licensing until I`m 90 for owning my own home, where people`s homes and properties have to be secured like Fort Knox and where even just eyeing a woman in the street could result in being charged with sexual harassment and sexual perversion. 

Thailand, even with all it`s imperfections and lack of democracy, I still know which side I`m staying on, consider myself lucky to be here and so should you. If not, all foreigners have the opportunity to move on. 

koh-samui-island.jpg

beautiful thai girl.jpg

Rough Britian.jpg

the root issue as i see it is that the 'violations' are up to some nitwits interpretation and state of mind at the time; not to mention any racist biases;

a good friend of mine who was under the thumb of east germany ( and imprisoned for trying to escape) really has some flashbacks as the new reality of the now thailand unfolds

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

You choose to live in Thailand, so what`s the point of complaining? All of us foreigners living here are in this together and imposed to go along with the flow, whether we like it or not. We either except the rules or we don`t. If belonging to a club and don`t like the house rules, then join another club.

As for me, I could return to England, with the constant threat of terrorism and no go areas, with it`s cultural enrichment, young thugs claiming the streets as their own territories, being called a racist for displaying the Union Jack and being tied down with a mortgage and huge home bills, including council tax and TV licensing until I`m 90 for owning my own home, where people`s homes and properties have to be secured like Fort Knox and where even just eyeing a woman in the street could result in being charged with sexual harassment and sexual perversion. 

Thailand, even with all it`s imperfections and lack of democracy, I still know which side I`m staying on, consider myself lucky to be here and so should you. If not, all foreigners have the opportunity to move on. 

koh-samui-island.jpg

beautiful thai girl.jpg

Rough Britian.jpg

erm...no  i  didnt  choose  to  live here.

59 minutes ago, baboon said:

When did I ask for it?

Then you`ve received something without asking from a complete stranger. You are a lucky guy. Throughout my whole life nobody has given me anything and now I`m grateful for small mercies.