Woman hangs herself because boyfriend started smoking again

rooster59

Woman hangs herself because boyfriend started smoking again

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1Ba2gisZWLbU9bfj23AMWMkDeOu1g.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

Police in Samut Prakarn said a young woman hanged herself because she was furious that her boyfriend had started smoking again.

She came back from work early and found him having a crafty cigarette and this combined with a drinking session led to her taking her life, they said.

Samrong Neua cops arrived at a townhouse in the Thepparak Road area last night where foundation medics were already trying to save the life of Kamonrat Wongprasert, 27, using CPR.

But they were unable to revive her and she was pronounced dead at the scene.

They found an empty bottle of spirits and two cans of beer as well as a smashed wine glass on a table downstairs. In an upstairs bedroom they saw damage to a door handle and there was an electrical extension cord hanging from a rail by a window.

The victim's boyfriend named only as "Ek", 26, said they had known each other for four years and just moved in together a month ago.

She worked at Suvarnabhumi airport while he was an agent for a cigarette company.

He said that she went to work as normal on Friday but it was his day off so he stayed home. She came home early and found that he had been smoking.

He claimed that she said:

"Don't you love me anymore? Why are you smoking cigarettes again after giving up for three years?"

He then said an argument broke out that led to her going out to buy booze and she proceeded to get drunk. At one point she smashed a glass and threatened to slash her wrists but he felt it was just for show.

Later she went upstairs and he thought she was having a shower, he told police. But after it all went quiet he went upstairs only to find their bedroom door locked.

He banged repeatedly but there was no answer so he used a screwdriver to force the door open. He then saw his girlfriend hanging from the window.

He pulled her down  and ran out to seek help from neighbors and then the authorities were called.

But it was too late.

Police said that the victim was upset with her boyfriend for his smoking habit and after she got drunk decided to end her life.

The body was sent for autopsy.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-27

I'm not saying it couldn't have happened exactly as the boyfriend claimed it did.

But I sure hope they investigate just a little bit to make sure she wasn't the victim of foul play.

Wouldn't be the first time someone got murdered for nagging an errant partner.

3 hours ago, trogers said:

Her love went up in smoke?

You're a real comedian....for sure ( along with the rest of them)

Condolences to all the berieved relatives, loved ones snd friends. May she RIP.

Edited by dotpoom

If this really is as it seems then she really showed him. Maybe the whole belief in reincarnation was enough to compel her to haunt him forever. Every time he sparked up she'd be there and all that. Must get about a 3/5 on the fishometer for me.

Edited by Araiwah

4 hours ago, trogers said:

Her love went up in smoke?

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

You're a real comedian....for sure ( along with the rest of them)

Condolences to all the berieved relatives, loved ones snd friends. May she RIP.

You need to acquire the ability to read between the lines...

The strength of love for the guy in this instant seems very thin, compared to the vengeful desire to teach him a lesson.

4 hours ago, impulse said:

I'm not saying it couldn't have happened exactly as the boyfriend claimed it did.

But I sure hope they investigate just a little bit to make sure she wasn't the victim of foul play.

Wouldn't be the first time someone got murdered for nagging an errant partner.

I guess you must be new here.  When the police investigate, it's only to cover up a known crime.  

14 hours ago, wealthychef said:

I guess you must be new here.  When the police investigate, it's only to cover up a known crime.  

True.  I've only lived in Bangkok for 6 years.

During which time I've never been robbed, never been burglarized and never been the victim of violence.  Quite a feat given that I live just a 5 minute walk from destitute poverty around the Khlong Toei slums.  (Yes, I did knock wood before and after I wrote that)  And I'm not shy about wandering around in places I'd give a wide berth back home.

So, as much as some members of the BIB give them all a bad name, I would contend that some subset of them are doing a pretty decent job.  They have to be in order to see rich people and poor people living in such close and jumbled proximity, with naive tourists thrown in to make it even more tempting for the baddies.

2 hours ago, impulse said:

True.  I've only lived in Bangkok for 6 years.

During which time I've never been robbed, never been burglarized and never been the victim of violence.  Quite a feat given that I live just a 5 minute walk from destitute poverty around the Khlong Toei slums.  (Yes, I did knock wood before and after I wrote that)  And I'm not shy about wandering around in places I'd give a wide berth back home.

So, as much as some members of the BIB give them all a bad name, I would contend that some subset of them are doing a pretty decent job.  They have to be in order to see rich people and poor people living in such close and jumbled proximity, with naive tourists thrown in to make it even more tempting for the baddies.

I think you are attributing more to the police than they deserve.  I agree that Thai society is safe and I attribute this mostly to their obedient and cohesive national culture and high xenophobia than to effective policing.  But you have lived here longer than I have by a long shot, so perhaps you can share an example of effective policing you heard of recently.  I'd be very curious to hear of it.  My sources are unreliable, coming mainly from my own limited experience, those of my falang friends, the opinions of my few Thai friends who are willing to talk about things like this, weird click-bait articles on thaivisa.com, and the oddball comments in the thaivisa comments section.  It would be refreshing to hear contrary evidence, even if anecdotal.  Without exception, nobody seems to think the Thai police are doing a good job.  Even an acquaintance whose father is a policeman says she understands why I fear and avoid the police in Thailand.  

1 minute ago, wealthychef said:

perhaps you can share an example of effective policing you heard of recently.  I'd be very curious to hear of it.

That's the thing about effective policing.  You never read about stuff that didn't happen or about unobtrusive enforcement.  I can only go by what I've experienced.

It's a lot like reading about the USA.  When I read about it, it seems the sky is falling.  When I spend time there, it's not really as bad as all that.  All of my relatives are thriving (except for my nephew who's having startup problems with his legal weed business in Colorado, but that's a startup for you).  Sure, there are problems and there are bad actors (just like in Thailand), and they make for good press.

1 minute ago, impulse said:

That's the thing about effective policing.  You never read about stuff that didn't happen or about unobtrusive enforcement.  I can only go by what I've experienced.

It's a lot like reading about the USA.  When I read about it, it seems the sky is falling.  When I spend time there, it's not really as bad as all that.  All of my relatives are thriving (except for my nephew who's having startup problems with his legal weed business in Colorado, but that's a startup for you).  Sure, there are problems and there are bad actors (just like in Thailand), and they make for good press.

That's exactly what I was asking for, what you have experienced that makes you think these guys are doing effective policing sometimes.  It seems to me you are basing your claim entirely on the fact you can walk down certain streets and feel safe and I agree with that feeling, it's why I moved here.  I would attribute this to the desire of police to keep their income streams intact by not scaring away the tourists.  This is presumably done by a system of bribery and threats of deportation of the bad actors.  It's basically mafia policing.  Maybe this is just the Thai way, but it's not what I think of as good policing, and I am worried if I can trust the police for legitimate purposes.  I moved here recently and am really creeped out by the police and the government overall.  Probably a fear born of ignorance, but I don't have a Thai girlfriend or a powerful employer so I'm feeling vulnerable.  

Another headline that you can't imagine in real life. I blame it on mental problems possibly for years that ended with a suicide , and not the smoking .  R.I.P.