Prayut again refuses to speak to media

webfact

Prayut again refuses to speak to media 
By Wasamon Audjarint
The Nation

e3762e4f6e9fe8e4268b9ad19ea53386.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha refused to speak at a press conference after the Cabinet meeting at Government House on Tuesday.

“[The Government] Spokesperson will explain things,” he said. “I said I won’t give any interview.”

Prayut, who usually speaks for around 90 minutes at post-Cabinet media briefings, then left the Command Building. 

This occurred a day after Prayut spoke for an hour at the opening ceremony of a seminar. 

“I have been attacked for so long. Is that fair to me?” he said at the ceremony. “I will stay tight-lipped for some two to three weeks. Please don’t miss me.”

Well known for his lengthy talking style, Prayut has occasionally attempted to speak less, particularly with the press. 

In February last year, the Government Spokesperson team made all reporters submit four questions to Prayut. The rule was formulated a week after Prayut got angry following reporters’ questions on the then-controversial charter drafting process.

On another occasion, Prayut assigned his deputies to do the bulk of the talking to the media, with the premier speaking only briefly at the beginning of press briefings. Deputies Wissanu Krea-ngam and General Prawit Wongsuwan were among those assigned the task.

However, such moves tended to last only a couples of weeks at the most, usually ending with Prayut returning to his one-man-show style.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30316738

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-30

Finally. He's shut up at last.

On the other hand, for being that tough and brave soldier as which he often tends to portray himself he does have pretty thin skin and is easily emotionally bruised. In short: a typical Thai male.

Edited by Misterwhisper

I don't believe it! After telling whoppers for an hour or more at a time, for months on end, the PM has run out of BS and lies.

Don't worry though folks. Two weeks recuperation will see him back and flowing with more truly amazing garbage.

This what you get when the military takes over, a brooding, self obsessed man who does what he pleases.  His childish behavior is indicative of the privileged Thai. "What about me " ?   You take over a country at gun point and you demand sympathy and respect.  Delusional is just not a big enough word anymore.   

17 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Finally. He's shut up at last.

On the other hand, for being that tough and brave soldier as which he often tends to portray himself he does have pretty thin skin and is easily emotionally bruised. In short: a typical Thai male.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown

17 hours ago, webfact said:

“I have been attacked for so long. Is that fair to me?”

Mr Grumpy upset because everyone is picking on him. Reminds me of children in a school playground. Maturity seems to elude many Thai men.

18 hours ago, jaltsc said:

"Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha refused to speak at a press conference..."

A little Donald Trump in the making. Still hasn't had an original thought. 

At least this guy only "tweets" on Friday nights.

This is actually a positive - not for him shutting up, but for what it connotes.

If this guy with practically unmitigated power forces people to get 'licenses' on how to ask questions 'properly' or 'politely' or whatever, and they're still irritating him, then that means that the media - even that group who jumped through his little hoop - are not kowtowing to his Polly Pissypants nature. They're still asking questions that he doesn't have the temerity to answer directly. Good on them.

“I have been attacked for so long. Is that fair to me?” he said at the ceremony.

Donald? Is that you???

“I will stay tight-lipped for some two to three weeks. Please don’t miss me.”

:smile::sleepy::w00t::cheesy:

Oh....man....

He reminds one of Cheeto, quite a bit. He dislikes the media, and they seem to feel the same way about the little man. He has an abhorrence for facts, and truth just like Cheeto. I said this about Cheeto, and it seems to apply to Little P.

Anything Cheeto does not like, he labels as fake news. His devotees tend to just go along with it, as they have been indoctrinated, and tend to be drinking the same Kool-Aid he drinks. It creates a nice little narrative, that ties in perfectly with his imperial ambitions. The media are restraining his power. They are reporting on all of the discord, the incredible dysfunction, and the astonishing lack of competence. All things Cheeto does not want to hear. Hence, the narrative continues. He made war with the press, and now this infantile neophyte is paying the price. And he hates it. He does not like being disapproved of. He craves approval in the worst way. He is not getting it. He refuses to be briefed on intelligence. He refuses to study the topics at hand. He cannot concentrate for more than four seconds, as he has never developed the powers of concentration, like many adults do. So, what is the result? What we are seeing nearly every day.

It is fun watching this clown shoot himself in the foot daily. He cannot help himself. That is just who he is. He cannot get out of his own way. Fun. Fun. 

19 hours ago, jaltsc said:

"Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha refused to speak at a press conference..."

A little Donald Trump in the making. Still hasn't had an original thought. 

He is having a hissy fit Trump style except Trump never shuts up and he does have original thoughts, all of them bad. Prayut isn't so bad as generals go, look at all the other pratts he has in his government, his 2nd in command is hardly a beacon of intelligence. One has to set the bar very low for any military government, they aren't used to accountability.

He's just thrown his rattle out of his pram again. He'll be fine again once his sycophants serenade him with baby talk, tickle him under the chin and rub his tummy.  

Actually, that image is quite disturbing.  

27 minutes ago, fish monger said:

"please don't miss me"....  Don't fret Prayut...PLEASE...don't fret.

If it wasn't so pathetic, it could almost be funny...

Though, I am not sure in which category to put him: Monty Pythons or just put the Benny Hill music over him