Sex, drugs, revenge, premeditation, a dismembered corpse - the demise of "Nong Em" the Karaoke girl is a classic murder case

webfact

Sex, drugs, revenge, premeditation, a dismembered corpse and burial all played out in the public spotlight - the demise of "Nong Em" the Karaoke girl is a classic murder case

1am.jpg

Picture: Kapook

KHON KAEN: -- The case of Nong Em - Warisa Klungjui, 22, - the pretty karaoke girl found cut up in the Khon Kaen woods is a Thai murder case that has it all.

No wonder that the Thai public has been enthralled from the get go when it was announced that a mystery body had been found buried in a water container in Khao Suan Kwang district, reported Kapook.

The murder clearly shows a high level of premeditation - as well as many false leads to keep the Thai public hanging on every bit of fresh and titillating information.

Even evil doll Chucky of Hollywood fame has put in an appearance.

First to be exonerated was husband Sakchai who the victim had married and gone to live with in Bangkok. Seeing as it is usually the husband involved this only served to whet the taste buds of a public anxious for every detail.

Then came deception from the victim herself who had said she was returning to the north east to be with her gran. Not a bit of it - she was soon shacked up with a "tomboy" she had known since college days.

Though hardly mentioned it seemed that uncommon sex was a backdrop to the story. It was certainly on everyone's minds as an element in the story if not its central feature.

But the tomboy was seemingly innocent and then another "tom", who the victim met on Facebook (what story could be complete without social media), came to the fore only to express her complete innocence while speaking of her love for the victim.

The police investigation seems on the surface to have been expediently handled and has now resulted in an arrest of the one man closely involved and three more warrants for women. Exactly what the man has done that the women haven't remains to be seen - and conjectured upon.

Police used the ubiquitous CCTV in their early work but whereas the cameras often form the only part of successful and failed cases this time it was just a small catalyst that got the investigation rolling.

The victim was spotted outside a convenience store, seen at an ATM and seen getting on a bike and later it is believed seen getting in a car.

Some of these sightings were red herrings - another essential component of the classic murder mystery in any country.

Then came sightings abroad and police representations to the governments of neighboring countries - both Myanmar and Laos. The story had even gone international.

This has resulted in the arrest of a man named Wasin, 22, in Vientiane, who is now back in the clutches of Khon Kaen police.

Three others are wanted on warrants - namely Jidarat, 21, Preeyanuch, 24 and Kawita, 25. Preeyanuch - whose family home in is in the area where the body was found has been described as a woman who has gone off the rails by her family.

Both her and Kawita are said to have posted pictures of Chucky on their online pages in the wake of the crime adding to the salaciousness of the story.

Other online messages from those wanted saying "R.I.P" at timely moments add to the horror.

And now the truth is finally emerging about the motive for the murder - revenge over the victim giving information to the police about the husband of one of the murderers who was involved in the drugs trade.

At least that is according to police sources.

With at least three arrests to come - and those wanted seemingly abroad - there will be yet more twists and turns in a case that is captivating the Thai public every bit as much as a prime time soap.

Source: Kapook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-31

Hmmm... first I've heard of this.  Curious as to why "the Thai public has been enthralled" about this particular murder case.  Since drugs were allegedly involved I confess it is worrisome that drugs, especially yah-bah, have once again exploded in use here in the kingdom.  It's starting to remind me of the late Vietnam War era when I was stationed here (temporary duty) for 14 months at Ubon RTAFB.  During that period everything from Thai 'sticks' (reefer) to opium to heroin to speed to you name it was readily available.  I think Thailand needs another Thaksin-style war on drug dealers, as in, LINE 'EM UP AND SHOOT 'EM whenever they're caught, instead of simply arresting the disgusting miscreants.  That somewhat heavy-handed approach seemed to work wonders here.  I believe it's time for version 2.0 to commence post haste.

Anyway, sad about the girl Nong Em.  Yep, Thailand is definitely getting more and more dangerous lately.

If you lay with dogs, you'll wake up with fleas..

to all those who has friends, spouses and acquaintances

who's connected to drugs and crimes in any way

shouldn't be surprise that such ending is happening....

The BP reported that Preeyanuch, 24 was the alleged carver of the victim's body. If that is true, then she is one tough cookie of a lady. I remember butchering lambs for our kitchen table and it was not something I would gladly do again.

36 minutes ago, smedly said:

who wrote this

made to sound like some Disney fairy tail

sorry but this is straight out of the hammer house of horrors 

Agree ... given the generally poor standard of reporting in Thailand, this stands out as being absolutely atrocious!

12 hours ago, newatthis said:

The BP reported that Preeyanuch, 24 was the alleged carver of the victim's body. If that is true, then she is one tough cookie of a lady. I remember butchering lambs for our kitchen table and it was not something I would gladly do again.

i mentioned on another thread, after viewing a priwa facebook  live video, i was extremely unsettled by her persona, if what is claimed is true, i can see her as a evil young person.

14 hours ago, ezzra said:

If you lay with dogs, you'll wake up with fleas..

That's exactly the sort of comment my Thai wife would make.  She's young and insightful, too.

Terrible ending, by the way, to a young life whatever the circumstances. 

Edited by GuiseppeD

13 hours ago, exalll said:

Agree ... given the generally poor standard of reporting in Thailand, this stands out as being absolutely atrocious!

not sure what the issue is with the article.  The journalist is translating or sourcing a Thai newspaper and is only reporting what actually happened.  If it is a hammer house as someone else says, well that is because what happened is really quite horrible. 

1 hour ago, GuiseppeD said:

That's exactly the sort of comment my Thai wife would make.  She's young and insightful, too.

Terrible ending, by the way, to a young life whatever the circumstances. 

She was killed because she had informed the police that the guy was a dealer in drugs.  Normally we call those sorts of people pillars of a community, not someone who lies with a dog.

14 hours ago, smedly said:

who wrote this

made to sound like some Disney fairy tail

sorry but this is straight out of the hammer house of horrors 

just translating from a Thai source and reporting what happened.  Watching Thai news and seeing some of the images, it probably was a horror show.

the murderer Praew has own up to committing the murder all by herself. Even the accomplices has pointed their finger at her alone.

How come she alone was able to escape to Myanmar.

Is a woman of 24 years of slim petite build able to beat up and strangle another woman of similar build all alone to death  saw her into 2?

IMO I think there is more than meets the eye in this case. Waiting to see how this plays out.