Find my English dad! Thirteen year old "Emmy" just wants a cuddle

webfact

Find my English dad! Thirteen year old "Emmy" just wants a cuddle

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1Ba2YrhVLwuWkLFnMEvPcjgUpS7IP.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- A family has appealed to Thai Rath online to help find a thirteen year old girl's English father.

All they know is that he is called "Davo" and is or was in the movie business. He is from London and will now be in his seventies.

Natwasniee "Orn" Jomphongreun, 41,from Suphanburi went to the new media with her 13 year old daughter Fahsai or "Emmy" and her five year old son Nathawat from another relationship.

Emmy has not seen her dad since she was four months old.

Orn said that she met "Davo" when she was working in a restaurant in Nana in Bangkok after they were introduced by friends.

Davo came and went and usually stayed in Sukhumvit Soi 11. Orn fell pregnant in 2003 and first she thought he might have gone missing in the tsunami.

He turned up when Emmy was four months old, gave them some money but then disappeared for nine years.

When Emmy was nine they arranged to meet through a friend but the Bangkok rendezvous fell through after a phone got mislaid and there has been no contact since.

Emmy said that she misses her dad and wants to hug him.

Orn has returned to live in Suphanburi where she is in a relationship with another man who is the father of her son.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-01

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope young Emmy gets on well with her mother's present partner since I doubt very much that 70s Davo from London will be showing up anytime soon, if he's still alive. 

There must be quite a few of these children, born after a 'short time' relationship living in LOS and getting on with their lives..

it is a familiar sad story. There is one such little girl near us. She looks very European, but I don't think her father has ever been near her. She is being raised by her grandparents.
I give her the occasional bit of help with her English homework.

2 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Another victim of sperm donation and "restaurant" workers at Nana. :thumbsup:

Beat me to it. Ahhh the old "restaurant" or "beauty salon" in Nana. But it takes two, he was in the "movie" business :wink:

Edited by LotusBoy

12 minutes ago, LotusBoy said:

Beat me to it. Ahhh the old "restaurant" or "beauty salon" in Nana. But it takes two, he was in the "movie" business :wink:

Yes, it takes two, and I don't suppose that the mother is blameless.

But I'm perhaps old fashioned, and believe that if you bring a child into this world, no matter under what circumstances, you have a responsibility to that child. To walk away from that responsibility is utterly selfish and cowardly.

Let's face it, £100 a month would make a huge difference to the little girl in the OP.. Some  may say that it is a lot to pay for a good shag 13 years ago, well you should have considered that before getting stuck in...

33 minutes ago, LotusBoy said:

"movie" business - maybe home movies in the room.

2 minutes ago, Gracas said:

"movie" business - maybe home movies in the room.

Apparently "Davo" was a labourer by trade but in 1980 he did a day's work as an extra on an episode of Minder. Unfortunately he was cut out of the scene but he was still paid.

22 minutes ago, JAG said:

But I'm perhaps old fashioned, and believe that if you bring a child into this world, no matter under what circumstances, you have a responsibility to that child. To walk away from that responsibility is utterly selfish and cowardly.

Let's face it, £100 a month would make a huge difference to the little girl in the OP.. Some  may say that it is a lot to pay for a good shag 13 years ago, well you should have considered that before getting stuck in...

I'm not sure I would trust the claim from a bar girl that I was the father. You do know what she was doing to earn a living at that time? It involved lots of sperm donors.

I feel for the girl mainly because her mother was a 'restaurant' worker in Nana.

26 minutes ago, JAG said:

Yes, that is why I am always making sure about safe sex and so on. If you get a kid your responsible, but many guys don't think like that.

6 minutes ago, Loaded said:

I'm not sure I would trust the claim from a bar girl that I was the father. You do know what she was doing to earn a living at that time? It involved lots of sperm donors.

I feel for the girl mainly because her mother was a 'restaurant' worker in Nana.

A test can clear that up.. if the claim was true would you pay ?

What of the thousands of Thai children abandoned by their Thai fathers as soon as morning sickness occurs?  They move on and repeat offend and are never held to account.  Most Thai males have no paternity gene.

17 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes, that is why I am always making sure about safe sex and so on. If you get a kid your responsible, but many guys don't think like that.

most do not think like that and it's why i got the 'snip' 15 years ago

feel sorry for the girl but she just has to be strong and fight her way out of her hell 

2 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

most do not think like that and it's why i got the 'snip' 15 years ago

feel sorry for the girl but she just has to be strong and fight her way out of her hell 

Yes I have considered the snip more then a few times myself too (am still actually). I feel if you make a kid your responsible.. you can of-course ask for an abortion (if within the time ect) but that is up to the mom too. It does not dismiss you from your responsibility.

30 minutes ago, mikebell said:

What of the thousands of Thai children abandoned by their Thai fathers as soon as morning sickness occurs?  They move on and repeat offend and are never held to account.  Most Thai males have no paternity gene.

The standard.. but others do it too excuse. 

This one tugs at the old heart strings. I had a Malaysian-Chinese gf about 25 years ago; we spent some time alone  in London (met her halfway, me from the US and she from Malaysia) but her rich and snobbish mom put a stop to it because I was headed for a job in Saudi Arabia. According to her superior wisdom, anybody working in KSA must be a loser. Little later I got a phone call from the girl saying she'd gotten pregnant by a local man, and later still got a card from her saying something about love and signing it with her name and "Baby Jane." I always wonder if Jane was mine but of course Snobby Grand-Mommie Dearest didn't want me near any of them. I wish I knew... and I can't find Jane's mom.

39 minutes ago, mikebell said:

That does not give anyone license to be a deadbeat dad. Many people murder and rape too...does that make it OK ?

Yes I have considered the snip more then a few times myself too (am still actually). I feel if you make a kid your responsible.. you can of-course ask for an abortion (if within the time ect) but that is up to the mom too. It does not dismiss you from your responsibility.

Just go and do it. Gives you a great feeling of freedom.

16 minutes ago, Dustdevil said:

This one tugs at the old heart strings. I had a Malaysian-Chinese gf about 25 years ago; we spent some time alone  in London (met her halfway, me from the US and she from Malaysia) but her rich and snobbish mom put a stop to it because I was headed for a job in Saudi Arabia. According to her superior wisdom, anybody working in KSA must be a loser. Little later I got a phone call from the girl saying she'd gotten pregnant by a local man, and later still got a card from her saying something about love and signing it with her name and "Baby Jane." I always wonder if Jane was mine but of course Snobby Grand-Mommie Dearest didn't want me near any of them. I wish I knew... and I can't find Jane's mom.

Whew!... talk about dodging a bullet!

Hmm. Sad story. Hope you find your father. I dare say if he really wanted to find you he could have. Just forgive him for telling porkies about his career.  He was probably a bricklayer or something but nothing wrong with that. And forgive your mum about not telling you where they really met. Hope you end up finding your half brothers and sisters to wherever they may be. In short though, your father is a guy who was quite happy to shirk his responsibilities but the fact he's happy to go with girls he met in nana unprotected shows just how irresponsible he was.