Buying my first car in Thailand

Jim P

4 minutes ago, catman20 said:

your right in what you are saying 51% is owed by your thai partners who sign resignation letters that you hold so as they cant rip you off, i can only repeat what i said before no one has every lost there house set up in a company and many HAVE lost their houses your way. 

How do you know company folk using that route to be "safe" have not come unstuck when their route never really had a business, just a Thai birds name...Tell us your "fool" proof story how to be safe....:thumbsup:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, transam said:

How do you know company folk using that route to be "safe" have not come unstuck when their route never really had a business, just a Thai birds name...Tell us your "fool" proof story how to be safe....:thumbsup:

i can only tell you what i have listen to and seen with my own eyes and ears and NO ONE IN THAILAND HAS EVER LOST THEIR HOUSE SET UP IN A COMPANY.  can you tell me anyone that has lost there house in a company ....................no

but i expect you can tell me about lots of people that have lost there house putting in some hookers name.  :smile:

23 minutes ago, catman20 said:

i can only tell you what i have listen to and seen with my own eyes and ears and NO ONE IN THAILAND HAS EVER LOST THEIR HOUSE SET UP IN A COMPANY.  can you tell me anyone that has lost there house in a company ....................no

but i expect you can tell me about lots of people that have lost there house putting in some hookers name.  :smile:

Well no, on both counts because folk don't talk about their foolish stuff...But I can tell you of a long time friend who divorced his wife to go through the process of sorting stuff that if he wanted to claim half of their assets she would send the boys round...Yes he walked...

Now tell us how you are safe buying in a company name to be safe....Am sure we would all like to know if the company is actually doing nothing...If you are saying your company is trading then don't bother, but your abode does not actually belong to you does it...?...

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Well no, on both counts because folk don't talk about their foolish stuff...But I can tell you of a long time friend who divorced his wife to go through the process of sorting stuff that if he wanted to claim half of their assets she would send the boys round...Yes he walked...

Now tell us how you are safe buying in a company name to be safe....Am sure we would all like to know if the company is actually doing nothing...If you are saying your company is trading then don't bother, but your abode does not actually belong to you does it...?...

i feel like we are going round in circles here and i have better things to do with my time. thanks for your points of view and i wish u a pleasant weekend.

1 minute ago, catman20 said:

i feel like we are going round in circles here and i have better things to do with my time. thanks for your points of view and i wish u a pleasant weekend.

So no answers...My friend has a "company", it does nothing, the Gov comes round every year to collect 7000bht for the registry thing and asks WHY are you not making money etc...BUT, he has a great excuse cos he is spending zillions on a project that will never work, they can SEE that....So how do you get away with it or are you trading....You can just say YES...If not then you may have a future ploblem......Hope not, but think you must think before calling folk fools...

5 hours ago, thairookie said:

What if you will NEVER obtain a Thai DL because you are color blind ?

My DL in a foreign country was obtained at a time when there was no color blindness test.  And IDL does not require color blindness test too.

When we move to LOS in 6 months I want 1. to buy a car in my wife's name (she has no DL so far) and 2. obtain a Thai license based on my IDL and Swiss DL. And I have some sort of color blindness (parially red-green) - Ishihara no way for me. I have passed the strict driving test in Switzerland - with not a single accident in more than 30 years  and have previously even held a taxi drivers license. I will be staying on a Thai Elite Visa.

There must be a way that

1. My wife may buy a car without driving it

2. I may obtain a driving license (Would be a joke if this is not possible)

Comments ? Many THX.

32 minutes ago, transam said:

Mine has always asked for a copy of license and passport, or change of either..

Your insurance is named driver  ?

Copy of passport has always been asked for but never drivers licence, Which was the point I replied to.

When we move to LOS in 6 months I want 1. to buy a car in my wife's name (she has no DL so far) and 2. obtain a Thai license based on my IDL and Swiss DL. And I have some sort of color blindness (parially red-green) - Ishihara no way for me. I have passed the strict driving test in Switzerland - with not a single accident in more than 30 years  and have previously even held a taxi drivers license. I will be staying on a Thai Elite Visa.

There must be a way that

1. My wife may buy a car without driving it

2. I may obtain a driving license (Would be a joke if this is not possible)

Comments ? Many THX.

Yes, your wife can buy a car without having a Thai DL, and yes you can obtain a Thai DL with your Swiss DL and IDP.

I know this because last November I bought a car, ( still on my Uk DL ) .

I bought the car in my name then the next day they called me saying that they couldn't sell me the car as I wasn't a resident (?) but could sell it to my Thai gf although she doesn't have a Thai DL.

When I obtained my Thai DL at Pathum Thani DLT some Thai guy was having difficulty with the colour blindness test, they basically said his wife could stand next to him and help him !! , his wife whispered the colour in his ear and he repeated and passed with flying colours !!

True story !

42 minutes ago, catman20 said:

im not getting away with anything as you put it, ive owned many houses here in thailand over a 20 year period all in company names thats the way thailand likes to do bussinees and im ok with that and as ive said before NO ONE IN THAILAND HAS EVER LOST A HOUSE THIS WAY. UNLIKE THE FOOLS THAT PUT THEIR HOUSES IN SOME HOOKERS NAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So are you calling my wife a hooker....?

48 minutes ago, catman20 said:

im not getting away with anything as you put it, ive owned many houses here in thailand over a 20 year period all in company names thats the way thailand likes to do bussinees and im ok with that and as ive said before NO ONE IN THAILAND HAS EVER LOST A HOUSE THIS WAY. UNLIKE THE FOOLS THAT PUT THEIR HOUSES IN SOME HOOKERS NAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch, calling peoples wives hookers. not nice.

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Well you started calling folk fools and their ladies hookers just because THEY built a house...

take it easy Trans. i think he didn't generalise but meant those who lost a house.

2 minutes ago, Naam said:

take it easy Trans. i think he didn't generalise but meant those who lost a house.

Many have "lost" houses in farangland, it's just the way it is, and for someone to assume a guy loses his place in LOS cos she was a hooker is rolox and is not a nice thing to write on an open forum, plus being called "fools"...Yes his opinion but l don't like it, hence my replies...

25 minutes ago, Naam said:

Agree it would be considered foolish if someone didn't take care in there dealings of any sort in any country. :smile:

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, thairookie said:

What if you will NEVER obtain a Thai DL because you are color blind ?

My DL in a foreign country was obtained at a time when there was no color blindness test.  And IDL does not require color blindness test too.

They some DLT offices, my local one dose require you to take a peripheral vision test that includes a colour test as you wouldn't be able to see the different colour dots. Not everything is in black and white 'pun intended' in Thailand.

19 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

Renewing the insurance on my ride as we speak, not asked for DL nor have I ever.

If you read my post fully I stated that when I ordered my new lump/car they the insurance company (even though I had been with them for over 8 years) wanted to see copy of licence. Nothing on renewing insurance same company. N/B if you have ever had a claim on insurance you would find they will also require a copy of license before they will pay up.

15 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

If you read my post fully I stated that when I ordered my new lump/car they the insurance company (even though I had been with them for over 8 years) wanted to see copy of licence. Nothing on renewing insurance same company. N/B if you have ever had a claim on insurance you would find they will also require a copy of license before they will pay up.

Good for you pal.

1 minute ago, Techno Viking said:

Good for you pal.

No need to get shirty. I just stated what I had to do. I do try to only put in facts in my posts, as it helps all.

If your reply is just to add yet more post No: to you name. Your doing well.

1 minute ago, fredob43 said:

No need to get shirty. I just stated what I had to do. I do try to only put in facts in my posts, as it helps all.

Not shirty at all.

I recently got my car back from the crash shop getting repaired, my insurer did not want to see my drivers license.

1 minute ago, fredob43 said:

But not on Vigo brakes....:whistling:.............:guitar:

2 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Not shirty at all.

I recently got my car back from the crash shop getting repaired, my insurer did not want to see my drivers license.

As I have said not everything is in Black and white in LOS. Mine did (Lump in my name) and they wanted it before they would honour claim.

3 hours ago, transam said:

Many have "lost" houses in farangland, it's just the way it is, and for someone to assume a guy loses his place in LOS cos she was a hooker is rolox and is not a nice thing to write on an open forum, plus being called "fools"...Yes his opinion but l don't like it, hence my replies...

only married guys loose their houses when it goes wrong ! once is a learning curve, more that once is a mugs game played by fools. :cheesy:

3 hours ago, transam said:

have i hit a nerve ?:smile:

1 minute ago, catman20 said:

only married guys loose their houses ! once is a learning curve, more that once is a fools game played by fools. 

Here you go again, calling folk fools for living a normal life and perhaps the consequences of living that normal life....If your 100+ working hours, 7 days a week and staying single is your thing then great, but don't keep posting that those who don't follow your route are fools, and Thai ladies are hookers and you seem to  treat them as that...

4 minutes ago, transam said:

But not on Vigo brakes....:whistling:.............:guitar:

You seem to be going back to old time's when I had my Sportivo "NOT VIGO" brakes changed all round to Run Stop one's. When I stated that there was a vast improvement. It was then that most of the know it all's, "know nothing" on TV said it was over braked and there wouldn't be any improvement.

Whatever you like T/V have got yet another post on to add to your 12.5 a day.

Archived