Aussie Man attacked by gang of Thais

webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Police sent the message out to look for the gang, but they were no where to be seen.

Oh. ... I guess they had tossed their " We're the gang you're looking for "  T-shirts by the time the police arrived. Clever guys huh ?

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

silly old coot,   out at 2.00am drunk and alone .....  

list of must do's  ...

never drink alone ....   refrain from drunken binges early into the morning ...

Just about everyone on this forum would have done, at some stage, what you are criticizing.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

list of must do's  ...

Thats 40 pct of guys in beer bars in Thailand, there.   

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

list of must do's  ...

If you had your way you would have arrested the victim! You're the kind of idiot who would tell a woman after she was sexually assualted that she deserved it because she was attractive and went out wearing a shirt skirt.

Get back in your bigited box, hopefully someone will throw away the key.

2 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

If you had your way you would have arrested the victim! You're the kind of idiot who would tell a woman after she was sexually assualted that she deserved it because she was attractive and went out wearing a shirt skirt.

Get back in your bigited box, hopefully someone will throw away the key.

Get down off your high horse there boy ....  I'm not saying it's his fault,  i'm simply saying it pays to be sensible and safe ....   sure the attackers are scum as far as i'm concerned ...  but what initiated the attack ?  there are always two sides to every story ..... not saying either way ....  just saying there are ways to minimize the risk of robbery or similar ...   now have you had your rant today ... lol

4 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Carrying a self preservation device

pepper spray, or a whistle, everybody is vulnerable 

these days, I don't think he will forget again,

wouldn't a glok be more effective???

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

So its his fault, arrest him for tarnishing Thailand's reputation.

Now come on, it's just a bit of common sense. There was no suggestion that it was his "fault". But getting drunk alone in that location and staggering down the street is high risk. You don't cross the street  without looking both ways, right?  Me, I just don't get drunk, and I'm careful where I spend my time late at night. Too bad this guy had a hard lesson, but it could have been worse. TIT. 

certainly not his fault .. and I didn't say it was his fault ,  however being street wise and country savy ....   why put yourself in a position that could entice a robbery or similar.

Would you do that in Venezuela or Africa   ?    I sure as hell wouldn't ....

Africa is a continent, not a country.

The victim should report the incident to the press in his country and to his embassy,  to warn tourists.

Thailand is getting a bit spoilt with all the farang money and taking farangs for granted, with no benefit of doubt, safety or any protection from law.

The trolls would say that it's worse elsewhere and they may be right. We all feel safe despite what happens to others, until we are personnaly hit! It's human nature.

But is that a reason to get bashed up at 2 am?

The state propaganda boys on TV would contradict this on a whole, but on the short run, tourists will flee and spend their cash in other Asian countries that are more farang friendly!

Edited by observer90210

Agreed, the assaulted gent should make the aussie press aware of this.

There but for the grace of god but that beating could have had far worse of an outcome that the cuts & bruises this man suffered.

CCTV & traffic cameras are littering the place these days so a chance that this little mob will be on there attacking what for intensive purposes was a defenseless old man.

I was in city hall this week & saw the banks of high def monitors in the office on the right handside just inside the front doors.

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

list of must do's  ...

So what time would you advise him to go home

certainly not his fault .. and I didn't say it was his fault ,  however being street wise and country savy ....   why put yourself in a position that could entice a robbery or similar.

Would you do that in Venezuela or Africa   ?    I sure as hell wouldn't ....

Unlike Venezuela (which is a country) or most of Africa (which is a continent with lots of countries), Thailand continues to gloss over its violent side and promote itself as the land of smiles and peace loving Buddhists.

Pattaya is know for its night life into the wee hours, that is what attracts many tourists.  It is only fair and reasonable that a tourist be able to walk home at 2:00 am unmolested,

especially along Beach Road where the "noble" RTP claim to be beating down crime from lady-boys, pickpockets, thugs etc.

Pretty miserable post from you, essentially blaming the victim....

Poor old Steve100, he is getting a rather harsh beating now and he wasn't even staggering down the street with a skinful.

another case of a bunch of hoodlums ganging up on a poor solitary soul?

Dont worry Stevie boy, the Dark Lord is with you ( in spirit anyway)

• :stoner:

9 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Apparently, 'short, with dark hair, heaps of the buggers', was not a sufficient description ! :cheesy:  

What about: each had one head, two arms, two legs in addition? How does he know they were Thai? They could have been Laotian.

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

list of must do's  ...

Give me a break.... there may be more to this story than we know but I see no reason why a person should not be able to have a drink, and walk home.

The problem is with the behaviour of some others and not him.

I was under the impression The Beach Rd had plenty of survellance cameras, surely more can be found out using them

I suspect he upset someone in the bar, or a beggar/peddler.