"I want to meet a foreign man that will take care of my family."

music065

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Why else would a young woman want an old dude?

Maybe not old,, but possibly older,,, as in a mid 30's girl, looking for a guy say mid 40's to mid 50's?,,, Why?,, because many, (not all),, but many Thai women in their mid, to later 30's,, actually believe, and CALL themselves, old.. I know many that feel that way,, And?,, many have dealt with Thai, "men" their own age, and have had enough of them,,, for several reasons,, Won't work, drinks, drugs, want's younger girl,, etc... 

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Rubbishing the post is rubbishing the writer, but perhaps that's a little deep for you.  Enough with any more exchanges with you, now or future, I believe there is a button for such purposes.

Just as well......you're not very good at this, are you?

6 minutes ago, Juan B Tong said:

How about; "I don'lt like Thai men"

I submit for your consideration the following question;

How does a Thai woman learn to speak English?

A. Study at a university

B. Study at a language school

C. Working in a foreign company.

D. Relationship with an English speaker.

All of the English speaking women I have met on the street, online or in the bars have learned English "on the job".

I taught Mrs.Trans....That OK with you if she replied to you in English...?

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Assets that a young guy probably wouldn't have. I'll be the first to admit that my assets will be inherited by my Thai partner as I don't have children, but as she's stuck by me for 8 years (and hopefully a few more years  yet) she deserves every penny.

I don't have much to pass on, but we have a 5-bed air-con house, a nice car, and I'm ensuring she can support herself when I'm gone by sending her to University. She too looks after me perfectly in EVERY way and deserves everything.

She's 38 years younger then me, always said she did not want a young man and certainly not a Thai man having seen how fickle Thai husbands can be, ready to dump wives and kids for a younger model at a moment's notice. She too has always insisted we have to help her two older sisters, one a much older  victim of the  "fickle-husband" syndrome and the other, also older, also a victim of the Thai "fickle-husband" syndrome, now a widow whose policeman husband abandoned her in hospital when she had an accident that broke her back so he wouldn't have to pay for her care. She has a permanently crooked spine and cannot lift more than 2kg, he had Karma when he got killed in a shoot-out.

So the sisters share what we have, the current exchange rate crash has made both shares small, but I love my wife, she loves me, and even the bedroom is a success for us 6 years on. We did live in the UK for 3 years but although she misses things like shopping there now I have retired we have made our home here and that's that!

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Why else would a young woman want an old dude?

because he is wise/experienced, knows woman  and has his sh*t together, the $$ is just icing on the cake. oh i forgot worldly, educated, and interesting.

but having said that, most old guys do not want to party all/every night like they did in their 20's, i don't.  

Edited by malibukid

6 minutes ago, Juan B Tong said:

How about; "I don'lt like Thai men"

I submit for your consideration the following question;

How does a Thai woman learn to speak English?

A. Study at a university

B. Study at a language school

C. Working in a foreign company.

D. Relationship with an English speaker.

All of the English speaking women I have met on the street, online or in the bars have learned English "on the job".

depend who telling the story. If it the farang husband, answer is usually A.

if the girl, they answer B

but i never NEVER heard one say D!!

Being a romantic is a great concept but not very practical. I wouldn't want to marry a stupid woman who wants to marry for love. Any decent looking woman  who would marry a handsome penniless useless man is too stupid to have for a wife. At least most women know that they can't live on love.

Don't think that only Thai women want a man who can support her. A good friend of mine who is very well off and lives in Florida joined a dating club. After being a member for several months, he told me that it was easier to print out financial statements to give the women rather than play the 40 answers game. He is still single.

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

All of them should just put up a headline "Prostitute wants sugar daddies only"

I'm sure there's some of that, but not all.   There are decent Thai women out there who are interested in older guys because they've had bad experience with younger Thai guys who always are looking to just score another notch in their belt and move on. The thinking is older guys are likely to be more stable and faithful.  Except those who are on TVF of course... :smile:

1 minute ago, Adeeos said:

Maybe not old,, but possibly older,,, as in a mid 30's girl, looking for a guy say mid 40's to mid 50's?,,, Why?,, because many, (not all),, but many Thai women in their mid, to later 30's,, actually believe, and CALL themselves, old.. I know many that feel that way,, And?,, many have dealt with Thai, "men" their own age, and have had enough of them,,, for several reasons,, Won't work, drinks, drugs, want's younger girl,, etc... 

This. The most common age range I saw requested by women was their age up to 20 years older than themselves. Some actually did list 30-40 years older but that was rarer.  Some requested 5-10 years that was actually rarer also. By far the most common age requested range was up to 20 years older than themselves. And I think most of these are genuine, not pros. On western dating sites you rarely see women wanting anything more than 7-10 years older than themselves listed on their profiles so I think there is a bit of a genuine cultural difference, alleged Justin Bieber posters aside. 

Another odd thing I found is that many young ladies initiated contact with me even though I'm like 7 years older than what they requested on their profile. Not sure quite what to make of that. I didn't respond yet. Either I should be flattered and go for it or I should have my wallet ready. Perhaps both. 

Easy to joke about each other but the real truth is every guy pays something,

just the smarter guy find a girl who cost him less.

But for sure is fun to lie on thaivisa.

For me, my gf does not work since i know her and never have a penny to her name

I dont give anything her family. nothing.

If she wanna give them something she can use HER money.

2 hours ago, music065 said:

"I want to meet a foreign man that will take care of my family."

^^I also found this strangely specific. Several women made this statement. I mean why not also be open to meeting a Thai man to take care of the family? 

"take care" is a very common Thai phrase in English... not just used in a dating/relationship context... but even within Thai families.

As for "foreign man," they may be a hooker, or, they may be a legitimate Thai woman who's had enough of lazy, abusing, boozing, non-working, cheating Thai guys....

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

Easy to joke about each other but the real truth is every guy pays something,

just the smarter guy find a girl who cost him less.

But for sure is fun to lie on thaivisa.

For me, my gf does not work since i know her and never have a penny to her name

I dont give anything her family. nothing.

If she wanna give them something she can use HER money.

and is she good with your willy?:post-4641-1156694572:

38 minutes ago, music065 said:
51 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

... what is it about those old guys that Thai girls love?

OMS. Old Man Strength :coffee1:

old men perform slow but sustained. and that's what them women folks, who abhor young 2minute shooters, appreciate.

:laugh:

9 minutes ago, music065 said:

This. The most common age range I saw requested by women was their age up to 20 years older than themselves. Some actually did list 30-40 years older but that was rarer.  Some requested 5-10 years that was actually rarer also. By far the most common age requested range was up to 20 years older than themselves. And I think most of these are genuine, not pros. On western dating sites you rarely see women wanting anything more than 7-10 years older than themselves listed on their profiles so I think there is a bit of a genuine cultural difference, alleged Justin Bieber posters aside. 

Another odd thing I found is that many young ladies initiated contact with me even though I'm like 7 years older than what they requested on their profile. Not sure quite what to make of that. I didn't respond yet. Either I should be flattered and go for it or I should have my wallet ready. Perhaps both. 

I believe in the west they says "any port in a storm" 

In Asian:

"any wallet in a monsoon"

12 minutes ago, music065 said:

I had the same experience back in my online dating days in the past. I think the reasons vary. Sometimes it's because the woman isn't so hung up on the exact age or it depends on how the particular guy comes across.  Some older guys LOOK and ACT old. Other older guys don't.  Or in other cases, from what I gather, Thai's aren't much for details when it comes to filling out computer forms, or anything else for that matter, so they're either not paying close attention or just pick the broadest category likely to product the greatest number of results.

30 minutes ago, music065 said:

I was on a Thai dating site before I met my wife,, (not on the site),,, And I found I was being contacted by girls that when I checked their profile,, I was outside their stated age range,,, I attributed it to mostly, I look quite a few years younger than I am really,, many friends tell me,, so it's possible that the age range they state, is that they're thinking much older, and a guy loses his looks,,,, but aren't opposed to an older guy,, that looks younger,,, I think it also is a factor that they consider older foregners to be more mature, and have the wild partiness out of them,, I'll be 57 in a month, and my wife, just turned 36, We've been together for about 4 years, and married a year ago... Could I have a 20-25 year old wife?... yes, for sure,, I actually dated several But although very mature for their age, they still just had that, "un-settled" mind set... I had a friend say, "What you look for at 56, is NOT what you look for at 26" Which is very true,,  And applies to both sides...

Edited by Adeeos

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I had the same experience back in my online dating days in the past. I think the reasons vary. Sometimes it's because the woman isn't so hung up on the exact age or it depends on how the particular guy comes across.  Some older guys LOOK and ACT old. Other older guys don't.  Or in other cases, from what I gather, Thai's aren't much for details when it comes to filling out computer forms, or anything else for that matter, so they're either not paying close attention or just pick the broadest category likely to product the greatest number of results.

That sounds about right

I moved to Thailand  because of a good job offer. One of the Thai engineers was my minder and mentor. I was actively looking for a Thai wife. I hate to live alone. He gave me advice regarding age differences. Apparently it is good advice because the old formula has been around a long time. It is half your age plus seven years. He said that age difference is acceptable to Thai people. Thai people won't think you are stupid by having an immature TOO young of a wife.

8 minutes ago, Adeeos said:

I'll be 57 in a month, and my wife, just turned 36, We've been together for about 4 years, and married a year ago... Could I have a 20-25 year old wife?... yes, for sure,, I actually dated several But although very mature for their age, they still just had that, "un-settled" mind set... I had a friend say, "What you look for at 56, is NOT what you look for at 26" Which is very true,, 

My own situation parallels yours very closely, with about a 20-year age difference that thus far has never posed any kinds of problems. My wife and I have been together a bit longer than your, for 5 years now and married for 3... She's pretty stable, for a Thai woman, and we've had very little (bad) drama in our life thus far. At the beginning, we talked about and agreed on how we'd handle things in our relationship, and we've kept to those arrangements ever since. She works, and I've helped her advance in her work from what was a Thai only work environment when we first met to her now working in an international work setting, with a better salary, where her improved English is a definite advantage for her.

When I think about how to sum it up, I'd say my wife is basically a very down-to-earth, good hearted simple woman. Not a drama queen. Not shopping crazy. Likes to have some nice things, but rarely if every bugs me about anything. Is just happy with the basic, normal things men and women need for their life.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, transam said:

So what, take a look at birds that marry mega rich blokes, film stars, music folk etc....Why is that....?......

....Jerry Hall, she has dosh but married an old mega rich guy, why was that....?

Dating or marrying someone who doesn't have the wealth and connections to be able to go to the celebrity parties only works if you are willing to elevate that person to your level.

But rich people and celebrities only really mix with other rich and famous people, they rarely mix with outside of their lifestyle.

1 hour ago, bamukloy said:

to earlier poster: thais woman always talk about what nationality is supposed to be richer..that why they always want certain Euro country.

About the family: If your lady have a kiddy and you are smart you know in lsaan most times cost no more then 3k a month per kid.

But size of family dont really come into it.

If they can get 10k a month out of you for 1 kid they will happily do.

While the silly farang keep hand it over it raise the bar so all will try for this

-

2 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Dating or marrying someone who doesn't have the wealth and connections to be able to go to the celebrity parties only works if you are willing to elevate that person to your level.

But rich people and celebrities only really mix with other rich and famous people, they rarely mix with outside of their lifestyle.

So rich folk who got there singing songs don't now mix with family and friends that may live in a council house...?

5 hours ago, bbi1 said:

All of them should just put up a headline "Prostitute wants sugar daddies only"

Such an unfair comment. Women want security and some younger Thai woman know the best way for security is to find a older farang that is nice to her and can afford her and family. No different from millions of women worldwide. 

Books have been written on love for centuries, plays written, movies made, poetry galore, yet all of these thought provoking words are wasted. All we needed to do to understand love was ask you because in your world you think you know it all about all people and all races.  I feel a lot of empathy for your companion whoever that is or whatever you paid for her/him. 

9 minutes ago, Gary A said:

Apparently it is good advice because the old formula has been around a long time. It is half your age plus seven years. He said that age difference is acceptable to Thai people. Thai people won't think you are stupid by having an immature TOO young of a wife.

i wonder whether Thai people consider me wise. :unsure:

my wife is half my age plus 30 years. when we got married she was half my age plus 20 years.

5 hours ago, music065 said:

There's also more than a few that state: "I like old guys, don't like guys my own age."

Really? Is this real or are they in the game?

if you have to ask this question you are what the shysters call a "mark" . quickly put one hand on wallet and the other on your nut sack ......