Immigrations New website.

Just clicked on Immigrations website to find it's completely changed.

Scrolling through a few pages, I find lots of poor English grammar and spelling errors.

Forms for download are all in Thai text.

When did the format change?

A saw the change a at least 2 weeks ago. Did you notice it is a secure https site.

There are lots of errors.

Try clicking the following on this page. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/change_visa

14  Other services - Transfer of visa to new passport in case of expired or full passport

You get this as the title but it has the requirements are for retirement.

DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED IN SUPPORT OF THE APPLICATION FOR VISA OR VISA STATUS ALTERATION (NON-B): FOR 90 DAYS.
FOR INVEST NO LESS THAN 10 MILLION BAHT.

Are you sure - using your link - for item 14 Chrome translates to English as below and translation of click provides the second quote with a full list of documents (but non O visa - not B).

Request and change the type of visa - for investment of not less than 10 million

Below is interesting - guess the tech crew a bit behind times.

All rights reserved by Immigration Bureau 507 Soi Suan Plu Sathorn Bangkok 10120

Edited by lopburi3

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Are you sure - using your link - for item 14 Chrome translates to English as below and translation of click provides the second quote with a full list of documents (but non O visa - not B).

Below is interesting - guess the tech crew a bit behind times.

I didn't use google translate since the page is in English. Click on Eng in the top right corner of the page.

The immigration bureau is still headquartered at Soi Suan Plu.

See the contact page: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/contact

First post mentioned all in Thai so did not check close enough :sad: - my display of site was enlarged so did not show the Eng option (only a menu icon at top left side - and if you click that there is a sub menu after the Thai word for Thai that would select English).  Seem to be almost totally different pages, normal for Thai sites, rather than direct translation.  But much better if not overly enlarged.  Bangkok immigration site appears unchanged.

I went to the 'downloads' for forms. (above the calendar)

All listed in Thai.

What benefit does registering as a member provide.

Some great grammar and typo errors in the register box.

I'll need to spend some time playing with the site to acquaint myself.

Really surprised nobody mention this before if it changed two weeks ago, although I'm sure it was still directing to the old site last week.

Yes I did notice it was https secure site Joe.

I discovered it when I clicked on my bookmark for the old site. Got page not found on the new site.

Been busy or might of done a topcic. Was also sort of waiting to see if they made some improvements.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I discovered it when I clicked on my bookmark for the old site. Got page not found on the new site.

Been busy or might of done a topcic. Was also sort of waiting to see if they made some improvements.

I did the same Joe, clicked on bookmark.

Last week I'm sure it directed me to the old site as I download a form.

Today it just took me straight to the new site.

Have you found the link for online 90 day reports yet?

This will confuse a lot of people.

I think you could have your hands full in the coming weeks Joe  :hit-the-fan:

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I did the same Joe, clicked on bookmark.

Last week I'm sure it directed me to the old site as I download a form.

Today it just took me straight to the new site.

Have you found the link for online 90 day reports yet?

This will confuse a lot of people.

I think you could have your hands full in the coming weeks Joe  :hit-the-fan:

Were you using the www.immigration.go.th address that took you to a announcement page first. My bookmark was for the main page of the old site.

No online report link I can fine only a online services page that is under consturction. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/online_serivces

I have a IE tab bookmark for 90 day online reporting and others I need IE for. Perhaps they are working on that site also.

5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I do like the Immigration Bureau Map ......Home ~ Office, but it's not up to date which leads me to conclude they've probably been working on this site for some time.

What is not up to date about it. It has the correct address for Soi Suan Plu.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Were you using the www.immigration.go.th address that took you to a announcement page first. My bookmark was for the main page of the old site.

No online report link I can fine only a online services page that is under consturction. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/online_serivces

I have a IE tab bookmark for 90 day online reporting and others I need IE for. Perhaps they are working on that site also.

Yes I was Joe.

Have you checked your old bookmark tabs still operate?

Unfortunately my PC was wiped clean a couple of weeks ago due to a misunderstanding.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What is not up to date about it. It has the correct address for Soi Suan Plu.

The locations of many newer offices not listed, like Petchabun and Roi Et for example.

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Have you checked your old bookmark tabs still operate?

If you mean the online reporting site and etc nothing that is on immigration's extranet is working. I get "Failure of Web Server bridge:".

Here's an idea for the head honchos of the Suan plu, offer a visa hassle

free deal to a foreign webmaster in exchange for them to once and for all

build and maintain website that works for all and for all the time,

I'm sure somebody will agree for and there will be winners all around...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The locations of many newer offices not listed, like Petchabun and Roi Et for example.

You mean the map with the branches shown. They still have the old location for the immigration office here in Ubon that moved in November of 2015.

43 minutes ago, Mrjlh said:

Clicking through the site the main page has English but many of the sub menus go into Thai only.  90 day report is almost 95% Thai.

Lots of links not functional either.

It's obviously a work in progress

• Like 1

If you look at the top of the web site you can select Thai or English. Maybe worth giving it a try? The 90 day section (located 2nd from the top of the list on the left hand side) has not been translated agreed but the rest seems reasonable.

Question, why would they need to have anything on the Immigration web site in Thai? From what I have seen nothing on the site is relevant to Thai's

• Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 2:02 PM, gandalf12 said:

If you look at the top of the web site you can select Thai or English. Maybe worth giving it a try? The 90 day section (located 2nd from the top of the list on the left hand side) has not been translated agreed but the rest seems reasonable.

Question, why would they need to have anything on the Immigration web site in Thai? From what I have seen nothing on the site is relevant to Thai's

Because they only want to communicate with Thai's (wife/Partner/agent) dealing with the actual alien about their Visa/Extension is a big headache:shock1:

1 hour ago, kartman said:

Because they only want to communicate with Thai's (wife/Partner/agent) dealing with the actual alien about their Visa/Extension is a big headache:shock1:

I agree with what you say but it does seem pretty silly to put the text in Thai when the issues do not apply to Thai's

• Like 1

nasa 123, before criticizing them , do your own proof reading.

I agree that their English skills should be better but as I have said for years if understood what they are saying then 

the communique has served it's purpose

1 hour ago, gandalf12 said:

I agree with what you say but it does seem pretty silly to put the text in Thai when the issues do not apply to Thai's

So what language do you suggest? Most migrants by far are from Myanmar, so perhaps Burmese? Followed by Lao, Cambodia (Khmer), China (various languages) and Nepal.

Probably best to have it in all these languages.  English, however, not so much a priority.

Source:  https://esa.un.org/miggmgprofiles/indicators/files/Thailand.pdf