Only in Thailand? High speed chase as cops fail to catch fleeing monk on a motorcycle!

webfact

Only in Thailand? High speed chase as cops fail to catch fleeing monk on a motorcycle!

77pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

It is a video that falls into the category of perhaps "only in Thailand".

Where else would cops with all sirens blazing be attempting to chase down a man of the saffron cloth in specs?

Apparently the monk had been repeatedly asked where he was going at a roadside stop and wouldn't answer. Then he revved off.

So police gave chase.

The footage was posted online on the page "Look Seua Saman Prajam Ban" with the tagline "monk's robes blowing in the wind".

The monk escaped and police are not sure where to find him.

Thaivisa suggest looking in a local temple or two.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-21

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

It is a video that falls into the category of perhaps "only in Thailand".

Most ridiculous ones nowadays are all from the same category.

It gives the impression that most of these incidents WOULD NOT occur in a civilised country !

Police fail to catch monk on motorbike, should have said police didnt try very hard to catch monk on motorbike.

Also not only was the monk breaking the law, the supposed upholders of the law, were breaking the seatbelt law.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Police fail to catch monk on motorbike, should have said police didnt try very hard to catch monk on motorbike.

Also not only was the monk breaking the law, the supposed upholders of the law, were breaking the seatbelt law.

Maybe exempt from the seatbelt law?

As seems to be the case in the UK:

https://www.gov.uk/seat-belts-law/when-you-dont-need-to-wear-a-seat-belt

You don’t need to wear a seat belt if you’re:

- in a vehicle being used for police, fire and rescue services

44 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Maybe exempt from the seatbelt law?

As seems to be the case in the UK:

https://www.gov.uk/seat-belts-law/when-you-dont-need-to-wear-a-seat-belt

You don’t need to wear a seat belt if you’re:

- in a vehicle being used for police, fire and rescue services

No one is allowed to be in a UK fire appliance without wearing a seat belt.

Only this week there has been pictures of fire fighters in appliances and everyone was wearing a seat belt.

Also in the UK every police driver must wear a seat belt, a police officer in the passenger seat is exempt only if they are in pursuit of a criminal or other persons breaking the law.

Now before you tell me i am wrong, i was involved in a case that went to court, and it was stated exactly as i stated here.

What a croc of shit religion is. Allah, monks, pedaphiles christians and catholics. Lock em all up and take away tax free havens from any religious bullshit society.

Now on a more important note,

Where is Wally (Red bull Heir) Buckleys on that. Cops can't even arrest a monk and  with no helmet on a 125 cc motorbike?

I love Thailand Its like watching USA Flying High movies (comedies)

7 hours ago, Borzandy said:

I don't understand why the cop didn't shoot the monk.....

The cop didn't shoot him because he knew the bullets would just bounce off. He had previously noticed that the Orange clad one was wearing his "i cant die today" amulet.

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

No one is allowed to be in a UK fire appliance without wearing a seat belt.

Only this week there has been pictures of fire fighters in appliances and everyone was wearing a seat belt.

Also in the UK every police driver must wear a seat belt, a police officer in the passenger seat is exempt only if they are in pursuit of a criminal or other persons breaking the law.

Now before you tell me i am wrong, i was involved in a case that went to court, and it was stated exactly as i stated here.

But you are wrong. UK seat belt legislation clearly states that people in police, fire and rescue vehicles don't have to wear seat belts. Perhaps the photos show the fire fighters all wearing seat belts because they have all seen first hand the injuries that may result when one is not worn and things go wrong.

The exact wording in the legislation is;

A person driving/riding in a vehicle for fire brigade or police purposes or for carrying a person in lawful custody including the detained person himself;

Edited by Laab Muu