Yingluck assets seizure proceeding, ministry source insists

webfact

Yingluck assets seizure proceeding, ministry source insists
By The Nation

002072bb17b35fb8740198f5a2369826.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Poised to seize assets belonging to former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra, the Finance Ministry is waiting for the National Anti-Corruption Commission to supply a list of targeted items, an informed source at the ministry said on Friday.

The source denied that the ministry was deliberately moving slowly in seizing the assets of Yingluck over alleged dereliction of duty in office in the rice price-pledging scheme.

Outstanding is a ministry executive order holding Yingluck responsible for 20 per cent of the losses sustained by the country due to alleged corruption within her government over the rice scheme. She is being held accountable for Bt35.7 billion in losses.

Locating the assets to be seized is difficult and would require time and the cooperation of many parties, the source said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30318899

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-23

6 minutes ago, thhMan said:

Great info...

Better she is informed, so she can start moving what she needs and only leave "scraps" to be seized :)

After all these years I'd think most if not all has already been transferred to son, husband, siblings, servants, cronies etc. Some here some overseas. 

I don't think she's really been spending her time shopping and mushroom farming.

What you see, or think you see, is not really what you get and what you hear is always for a reason.

That is how policymakers move around one another!

I think all they will end up with is a shed full of mushrooms,

She cannot be that stupid not to have moved all of her assets

offshore,as she was given ample time to do so.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, hgma said:

What you see, or think you see, is not really what you get and what you hear is always for a reason.

That is how policymakers move around one another!

Wise words, no matter what your politics are. Always form your opinions using a few sources.

3 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

How are the figures calculated?

The General is designing his own rice scheme with the caveat that he can't be touched. But how secure is the caveat? A bad law is still a bad law.

Prey tell...

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

After all these years I'd think most if not all has already been transferred to son, husband, siblings, servants, cronies etc. Some here some overseas. 

I don't think she's really been spending her time shopping and mushroom farming.

But she said herself just recently that she has living expenses of 2Million Baht a month. Where does that come from? Magic?

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I think all they will end up with is a shed full of mushrooms,

She cannot be that stupid not to have moved all of her assets

offshore,as she was given ample time to do so.

regards worgeordie

Yep & notice how she is smiling amongst a snap shot of rice after admitting it has been a very stressfull year

Lately her photos show her looking haggard. She used to look real pretty though. Has she grown old overnight? Or the Junta really giving her a hard time?

I remember a young Thai lady (about 27 y.o.) was angry when I said Ying Luck looked beautiful. I think her parents must be one of those rice farmers cheated. I didn't ask her. I was shocked when I saw her angry with what I said.

1 minute ago, spiderorchid said:

The magic mushrooms.

OIC, 2 Million Baht profit from mushroom sales from same grown in her garden shed.  How quaint. 

Can she administer that enterprise OK? Does she attend meetings?

Just now, scorecard said:

OIC, 2 Million Baht profit from mushroom sales from same grown in her garden shed.  How quaint. 

Can she administer that enterprise OK? Does she attend meetings?

Eat enough magic mushrooms and you are invincible.

If they grow in Bali, I am sure they grow here.

I saw a young Aussie man in Bali who thought it would be cool to have a meal of the yellow caps.

Ended up in prison, escaped and fled the country. 

This which should do the same. Spelling deliberate.

Typical junta just blundering ahead thoughtlessly. It has already been stated, which if she has any brains, will be proven to be true is that there are no assets to be seized. So go ahead invoke article 44 and seize all those assets that aren't there to be seized...muppets 

2 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

Eat enough magic mushrooms and you are invincible.

If they grow in Bali, I am sure they grow here.

I saw a young Aussie man in Bali who thought it would be cool to have a meal of the yellow caps.

Ended up in prison, escaped and fled the country. 

This which should do the same. Spelling deliberate.

Surely spidey you know mushies are freely available in Thailand? Just pop down to koh pha ngan magic mushies milkshakes openly sold in many bars there, that being of course just the tip of the iceberg. 

3 minutes ago, starky said:

Surely spidey you know mushies are freely available in Thailand? Just pop down to koh pha ngan magic mushies milkshakes openly sold in many bars there, that being of course just the tip of the iceberg. 

No, I did not know that. Having seen what it did to a young workmate of mine in Bali, I never wanted to indulge.

My post was an attempt at farce in what sort of mushies Yingluck was growing to support her 2 mill baht per month habit.

I must say that 2 mill a month has not improved the inevitability of age on Yingluck. Maybe, when she looks in a mirror,

magic mushies grown in her own deluded mind or backyard shed may sustain her. 

It will be such a shock to see all the cheap assets that this lady has. Nothing new and

expensive will likely be found. As another said, the real stuff will be in the hands of relatives,

and not in her possession.

Geezer

5 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

You keep stating that there is a new rice scheme designed by the current government.

Care to enlighten us?

Where is the money coming from for all these projects and purchases.

I don't know who us is but as you cant read the news just start adding up the cost of these projects and purchases.

I would think the Government will have to go into the equity markets and pay overs. The credit rating for a unelected Government that is primarily run by the military won't attract the cheaper loan monies.

If this does not sit well with you, where is the money coming from. What type of interest will they be paying?

4 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

'She is being held accountable for Bt35.7 billion in losses'.

Prey tell.....

Not a patch on what the current lot have had away and squandered, good luck to her. I read today that many countries in the world (you know the civilised ones) still consider her to be the legal PM in this neck of the woods and the current one to be a dic trator is that right? spelling is off tonight