Pretty girls all in a row

snoop1130

Pretty girls all in a row

By The Nation

e9f5337b11ec1bda97be9e8bab4f1a2a-sld.jpeg

Seventy-seven lovely ladies, each of whom has won the Miss Grand Thailand 2017 in her native province, are on the way to Chiang Mai for a bootcamp that will see them prepare for the final of the pageant next month.

The girls attended a press conference at Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport earlier this week before heading to the northern capital for the bootcamp, which will be held from Saturday (June 24) until July 3..

Nawat Itsaragrisil, president of Miss Grand International Organisation, spoke about the success of Miss Grand Thailand at the press conference ad also announced a new special prize, Best Voice.

The beauty queens showed off their moves in a fashion show before handing over to former winners of the pageant to showcase the five crowns that will be worn by this year’s winners.

The girls will visit several tourist attractions in Chiang Mai, during their stay. On June 28, they’ll take part in a swimsuit pageant, which will see one of them selected as the Chiang Mai People’s Choice.

The national costumes of each province will take pride of place on July 5 and the contestants will appear in a preliminary show on July 6, before moving to Hall 100 of Bitec Bangna on July 8 for the final round. The pageant will be aired on Channel 7 at 10.30pm.

Follow the girls at Facebook Live: Miss Grand Thailand and www.MissGrandThailand.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/life/special/30318891

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-6-23

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Seventy-seven lovely ladies, each of whom has won the Miss Grand Thailand 2017 in her native province, are on the way to Chiang Mai

I just would like to know when they arrive to "work" in Pattaya, Chiang Mai is too far.

4 minutes ago, petermik said:

Yeh right :whistling:

Mate these threads are all the same. Some will call them ugly, others say they look like lady boys, someone will bag for having too much plastic surgery and of course the old "the girls in my village.." It's hard to crack a decent compliment on TV too many narcs.

7 hours ago, idman said:

Oh my, oh my. I certainly hope some of these lovlies while they are here in Chiang Mai will avail themselves of the opportunity to have me for a bawdy evening of dining, drinking and mutual arrousal. I will free up my calendar.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Need any help :thumbsup:

21 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

I have seen better looking girls in villages all across the country, but I guess they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, did not the rest of the world drop these beauty pageants as many ladies complained it was sexist?

Yes but only the ones who can afford to pay the judges or are family friends progress. You won't get a pretty little village no-mark amongst this lot. TiT.

Yes, pretty... but the obsessive, self-indulgent nature of competing in these contests is unappealing in itself. 

Give me a naturally pretty girl who's actually interested in something other than her looks, any day.

Edited by Senechal

On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 0:31 PM, starky said:

Mate these threads are all the same. Some will call them ugly, others say they look like lady boys, someone will bag for having too much plastic surgery and of course the old "the girls in my village.." It's hard to crack a decent compliment on TV too many narcs.

I think for my 25 Satang's worth . I think they are fugly ladyboys with too much plastic surgery but are better looking than most in my soi.

On 6/24/2017 at 0:31 PM, starky said:

Agreed... but it is entertaining that some will comment that these women are ugly or that they have seen 'better looking women in villages' as if these critical posters would have ever stood any chance whatsoever with anything other than a poor undereducated rural girl in need of a financial boost...

On 6/24/2017 at 0:31 PM, starky said:

The men who say girls like this are "nothing special" or "ugly" are most likely so awkward with women that they can't get a decent one. Sour grapes.

20 hours ago, Senechal said:

Yes, pretty... but the obsessive, self-indulgent nature of competing in these contests is unappealing in itself. 

Give me a naturally pretty girl who's actually interested in something other than her looks, any day.

I'm sorry ,you can not have her.Ann stays right here!

Like all these dog and pony shows it's just a way for the wealthier class girls to add to their family's flawed sense of self importance. We see it in the US too. As an example, every year at the Rose Parade we are forced to look at a group of entitled semi homely girls known as the Rose Queen and her Court, who are always and without exception children of the organizers. Don't see any place for these kind of spectacles in a civilized society. And I do agree that Thailand's best talent does not reside in Bangkok! Not even close!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect