TV Forum De Jour

sirineou

It seems every time I log on to Thai Visa Forum it is different!  

There used to be a "back to top" button then it disappeared, now it's back, there was a navigation tree now its gone, so is the "jump to" and other functions.

What'a Up with that?   

I use to like all the change, but a couple of weeks ago I turned sixty , pulled my pants up to my chest , put black shocks on while wearing sandals  And developed an aversion to Change.

PUT EVERYTHING BACK THE WAY IT WAS , AND GET OFF MY LAWN. you young kids with your long hair  , changes, and rock and roll  

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I can see jump to and new content at the top and bottom of this page.

What do you mean by navigation tree.

This is what my version looks like today, 

tvf screen shot.PNG

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

GET OFF MY LAWN

You have a lawn?

We have un-managed dirt with scattered weeds, as do most of my neighbors  ....sigh

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

it seems that up to 150% zoom everything is fine but at 175% zoom you loose functionality

This is the new 'responsive' CSS (Cascading Style Sheet). It changes how the same page is 'rendered' on different devices, and at different display resolutions. So if you zoom in, the CSS is referenced to see if certain 'display elements' should be hidden, or displayed differently.

You can test this by resizing your browser page and watch how the page gets 'rendered' at the browser window changes.

My gripe is when when posting a new message the CSS seemingly randomly instructs my browser to drop the text format icons in the format bar ...and I have to zoom way out to get them back. Argh!!!

On 6/25/2017 at 8:24 PM, RichCor said:

This is the new 'responsive' CSS (Cascading Style Sheet). It changes how the same page is 'rendered' on different devices, and at different display resolutions. So if you zoom in, the CSS is referenced to see if certain 'display elements' should be hidden, or displayed differently.

Incredibly stupid idea. Do the people who write this stuff actually test it before they inflict it on the users? Why should they decide what we want to see at particular resolutions?

And they haven't fixed the problem of scripts making Firefox unresponsive for one minute or more and overheating your processor unless you block scripts for Facebook, Addthis, Googletagservices, etc. I've blocked 8 scripts so far.

I presume most people don't run a temperature monitor program or process monitor program, so they are completely unaware of what is happening to their PC.

This site should carry a PC health warning: "Your PC processor may reach 80+ degrees C every time you come here or change the page."

This does not happen on any other site, anywhere on the internet. Is Thaivisa working on it? Is this considered normal?

It took me a while to get used to this CSS behavior.

It took me much longer to find out why I don't see full featured editor for the posts.

It does not appear before zoom up to 133% at my system OR zoom down to 90% (very small, unusable).

At the 133% zoom level I also see this back to top button.

Never took notice or used it.

Now learned something.

Usual zoom level for me is 120%, no top button, limited editor.

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You can purchase top quality glasses online these days.

I resist getting reading glasses until I get really old!

I also use to throw out all the AARP  registration letters I got in the mail  but I stopped since  now I just don't see them . Given their target population, if they were smart they would print them in large print. LOL

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

I resist getting reading glasses until I get really old!

I also use to throw out all the AARP  registration letters I got in the mail  but I stopped since  now I just don't see them . Given their target population, if they were smart they would print them in large print. LOL

Why would you resist something you plainly need?

All you are giving youraelf is unneccessary eye strain and headaches.

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Why would you resist something you plainly need?

All you are giving youraelf is unneccessary eye strain and headaches.

They say that once you start wearing them ,it further weakens the eye muscles that helps your eyes focus.

I am  still in the first stage of loss, " Denial " and hold hope to reverse the process and become young again:tongue:

Five stages of loss

First stage.          Denial (i wont wear the damn things)

Second stage      anger   ( pocking your self in the eye )

third stage             memory loss (I cant remember third stage)

fourth stage          bargaining (will wear them only when I really need them like   when I look at pictures of pretty girls)  

Fifth stage             acceptance   (I need help so I will zoom TVF 210%) 

Edited by sirineou

• 2 months later...

Ok so today I am missing the "Go to " button and "back to top" button

I tried margulating the magnification fro 100% to 130% . It is missing in every magnification, so that's not it.

What gives?? 

The "back to top" button is a deal breaker for me because I am too lazy to scroll up and I am stuck in the bottom of the page. It's lonely down here.:tongue:

Edited by sirineou

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so now the "back to top" button is back but the "view new content" and the "mark as read" links are not clickable. and when  posting instead of the cursor blinking , the whole last line of script is blinking.

The "Jump to" link is still gone.

All this happen at any magnification.

Ever since the new TVF there seem to be a new problem every time I log on. 

Edited by sirineou

34 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Ok so now the "back to top" button is back but the "view new content" and the "mark as read" links are not clickable. and when  posting instead of the cursor blinking , the whole last line of script is blinking.

Ever since the new TVF there seem to be a new problem every time I log on. 

This is what happens when you fail to show up and participate in the Moderator meetings.

Actually, these ongoing issues with server-side plug-ins and are being covered in multiple threads here in the support forum:

Is TVF exceptionally slow today?
By thaibeachlovers, September 18 in Forum support desk 

Clear Notifications option missing
By RichCor, September 19 in Forum support desk 

Ignore list.
By possum1931, September 21 in Forum support desk 

.... oh, this very annoying new development: If I have more than 10 lines of text in this edit box, a large BLACK BOX appears and blocks and block out everything below it. Seems another file has been edited and subsequently broken the rendering of the bottom half of the edit box along with the rest of the page.  ~sigh

• 2 weeks later...