Image of the United States has plunged under Trump, survey shows

webfact

2 hours ago, bushdoctor said:

The "government representative" are you referring to was not a government representative.

Just a Russian lawyer with no ties to the Russian government.

She even acknowledged that in an interview. 

Natalia Veselnitskaya, Lawyer Who Met Trump Jr., Seen as Fearsome Moscow Insider

"MOSCOW — When American prosecutors accused a senior Russian official’s son of laundering $14 million by investing in Manhattan property and other assets, she was called to defend him."

"For years, she has been a lawyer for the Katsyv family, whose patriarch, Pyotr D. Katsyv, was minister of transportation of the Moscow region for more than a decade, and whose son was caught up in the New York money laundering case.

"In recent years, she had become the public face of Moscow’s efforts to reverse international travel and financial sanctions on key Russian figures linked to an alleged $230 million tax fraud."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/world/europe/natalia-veselnitskaya-donald-trump-jr-russian-lawyer.html?mcubz=0

"She even acknowledged that in an interview."  :laugh:

Information will set you free...

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Idiots voted for an idiot who has turned out be an idiot with an idiot family. Who would have thought it !:smile:

What was the shocker though is how many idiots there actually are - though some are nice idiots. It is the one's that sold them lies I have the most contempt for though.

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

What was the shocker though is how many idiots there actually are - though some are nice idiots. It is the one's that sold them lies I have the most contempt for though.

The real shocker is that there are still millions of idiots who still support Trump.

38 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

The real shocker is that there are still millions of idiots who still support Trump.

Many like the way it makes them feel and don't care about what it's actually doing to the country and their own lives in reality-world. 

4 hours ago, iReason said:

Do you mean where the occupier of the White House' son,

who along with a Senior White House adviser to his father and a Russian connected soon to be Trump campaign manager,

had a clandestine meeting with an agent from a hostile foreign adversary?

Special Counsel Mueller is almost certainly looking into that matter and will eventually have an answer for us.

Stay tuned.

The wheels of justice are turning... :thumbsup:

Yeah...yeah!!

2 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

I couldn't edit my post above........so an addition

Idiots in greater numbers supporting democrats if you use the 'popular vote' as the yardstick, as the left seem compelled to do!!

What a joke.  A dollar each way??

Edited by F4UCorsair

5 hours ago, iReason said:

Do you mean where the occupier of the White House' son,

who along with a Senior White House adviser to his father and a Russian connected soon to be Trump campaign manager,

had a clandestine meeting with an agent from a hostile foreign adversary?

Special Counsel Mueller is almost certainly looking into that matter and will eventually have an answer for us.

Stay tuned.

The wheels of justice are turning... :thumbsup:

Yes that's it. There was no information passed and no crime committed...and it's dishonest of you to classify the woman as an "agent from a hostile foreign adversary", she wasn't. 

4 hours ago, iReason said:

Natalia Veselnitskaya, Lawyer Who Met Trump Jr., Seen as Fearsome Moscow Insider

"MOSCOW — When American prosecutors accused a senior Russian official’s son of laundering $14 million by investing in Manhattan property and other assets, she was called to defend him."

"For years, she has been a lawyer for the Katsyv family, whose patriarch, Pyotr D. Katsyv, was minister of transportation of the Moscow region for more than a decade, and whose son was caught up in the New York money laundering case.

"In recent years, she had become the public face of Moscow’s efforts to reverse international travel and financial sanctions on key Russian figures linked to an alleged $230 million tax fraud."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/world/europe/natalia-veselnitskaya-donald-trump-jr-russian-lawyer.html?mcubz=0

"She even acknowledged that in an interview."  :laugh:

Information will set you free...

You can rely on the New York Times if you'd like, but even they aren't claiming she was a government agent. Try re-reading your article slowly and you'll see there's nothing there. 

Edited by bushdoctor
Spelling

2 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

But 'Trump' is only one syllable.  What you on about boy?

he was referring to the word, 'oxymoron'   .....in relation to Trump.

Over ten years ago, I recall seeing a David Letterman show where Trump was a guest.  I already knew, back then, what a dufus he was, but there's still the image of him sauntering on stage.  He looked so stiff, like a thin man was masquerading inside a big man's body suit.  All his banter and mannerisms were stiff and contrived.  He was the opposite of endearing. 

My distaste for the man increased when I saw  him at the debates.  In all of them, he was the most ungentlemanly, rudest, ill-informed, vindictive, immature person.

At the end of one of HRC/Trump debates, someone asked the candidates to name one good thing about the other.  HRC said "Trump's family."   I recall saying to myself, "no way.  His family is creepy."   Maybe, compared to all Trump's glaring character faults, saying 'his family...' was the comparative nicest thing about him.   If it were me, I would have answered something like, "he doesn't drink alcohol or smoke cigs - though he does peddle vodka."

17 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Yes that's it. There was no information passed and no crime committed...and it's dishonest of you to classify the woman as an "agent from a hostile foreign adversary", she wasn't. 

"There was no information passed and no crime committed"

"and it's dishonest of you to classify the woman as an "agent from a hostile foreign adversary", she wasn't."

You are just making stuff up.

Again.

:coffee1:

14 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

You can rely on the New York Times if you'd like, but even they aren't actually claiming she was a government agent. 

"You can rely on the New York Times if you'd like, but even they aren't actually claiming she was a government agent."

Of course she is.

Read my post again.

And do your own research.

P.S. I'll bet the farm you never bothered to read the full article.

Given the fact a poster is allowed only 3 sentences, I recommend you do that.

11 minutes ago, iReason said:

"There was no information passed and no crime committed"

"and it's dishonest of you to classify the woman as an "agent from a hostile foreign adversary", she wasn't."

You are just making stuff up.

Again.

Tell me what information was passed?

And exactly what did I make up?

You however, made up a "government agent" connection. ?

Edited by bushdoctor

Then you owe me the farm. I read it. Here's a little tid-bit from the article...

"Dmitri S. Peskov, the spokesman for President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia, told reporters that the Kremlin had never heard of her."

Edited by bushdoctor

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Many like the way it makes them feel and don't care about what it's actually doing to the country and their own lives in reality-world. 

Watched a story on BBC World last night about working class Americans crossing into Mexico in droves to get their dental problems fixed - stuff they can't afford to do in the US.

These people are (still) mainly man-child voters. Go figure...:coffee1:

7 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Then you owe me the farm. I read it. Here's a little tid-bit from the article...

"Dmitri S. Peskov, the spokesman for President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia, told reporters that the Kremlin had never heard of her."

And you believe anything Putin or his cronies say?  Seriously?

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

And you believe anything Putin or his cronies say?  Seriously?

And you seem to believe whoever agrees with you. This is in the article YOU linked. 

Edited by bushdoctor

5 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Tell me what information was passed?

And exactly what did I make up?

You however, made up a "government agent" connection.

#1. You firmly stated your "conclusions" as if they are fact. They aren't

Hence, you just made stuff up.

#2 Given the fact that you responded to my post 4 minutes later,

You either are a speed reader or, you are simply being disingenuous.

And certainly did not bother to research this agent.

And you had received an answer already to your first question in post #477.

I'll give you one last lead:

Natalia Veselnitskaya was in the United States to reverse the Magnitsky Act on behalf of the Russian Government 

during the time she met with DJ jr, Kushner and Manafort in secret.

Plenty of info right there to get started. :thumbsup:

You are on your own.

3 minutes ago, iReason said:

#1. You firmly stated your "conclusions" as if they are fact. They aren't

Hence, you just made stuff up.

#2 Given the fact that you responded to my post 4 minutes later,

You either are a speed reader or, you are simply being disingenuous.

And certainly did not bother to research this agent.

And you had received an answer already to your first question in post #477.

I'll give you one last lead:

Natalia Veselnitskaya was in the United States to reverse the Magnitsky Act on behalf of the Russian Government 

during the time she met with DJ jr, Kushner and Manafort in secret.

Plenty of info right there to get started. :thumbsup:

You are on your own.

You made the claim that she is a government agent. Source? Or just making it up? 

Edited by bushdoctor

26 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

What a surprise...

Guess what?

Kushner, Dj jr., and Manafort said they never had any Russian contacts.

And you owe me the farm.

The bet was, you hadn't read the article.

And clearly, you hadn't.

:laugh:

Given that it's obvious your reading comprehension isn't the best, coupled with the feeling you are just Trolling...

No, in fact, I'm sure you are Trolling with your repetitive nonsense.

Edited by iReason

To be perfectly honest, I would never vote for a republican(I hate them).  However I do like Trump.  I think he's a pretty good president.  I don't know why some people dislike him.  Might be because he takes a liking to Putin and the establishment doesn't like that.

21 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

She's a private attorney, not a government agent. 

Why would a private attorney (who neither speaks nor reads English) want to meet with a US citizen?  Got any speculation about that, or should we just take her at her word?

13 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Why would a private attorney (who neither speaks nor reads English) want to meet with a US citizen?  Got any speculation about that, or should we just take her at her word?

I could speculate but what's the point? Speculation is what the left depends on, and it keeps getting them into hot water. 

Both Trump Jr and she says it was a meeting regarding adoption policy. 

Edited by bushdoctor

Then what is your statement [that she is not a foreign agent] based on, if not speculation?  You must have some pretty incontrovertible evidence that she was in the US doing nothing to represent or advance her government's interest.

Edited by attrayant