Mum and daughter, 12, crushed to death on way to school in Lopburi

webfact

Mum and daughter, 12, crushed to death on way to school in Lopburi

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

LOPBURI: -- A mother and daughter riding a motorcycle were hit from behind by a bus carrying electronics workers in Lopburi yesterday morning.

Nawarat Phaewthaisong, 38 from Nakorn Sawan was taking her daughter Sukritya aged 12 to school.

They were both found dead on Pahonyothin Road kilometer marker 146. Their Honda Wave bike was off the road nearby.

They had been hit from behind then crushed under the wheels of the bus.

A 15 year old student at Withalai Technic Lopburi school called Runthida Phoonphermbunkuson was taken to hospital after she was hit by the bike as it skidded rider-less off the road.

Police are interviewing the driver of the bus 37 year old Kitti Manjan.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-30

28 minutes ago, sabian said:

I'm amazed the bus drivers can ever see out the windscreen with all the crap they have cluttering up their view, maybe using the windscreen as it was designed for might help!

"..........maybe using the windscreen as it was designed for might help! "

The windscreen/windshield is designed  to prevent clutter/crap and amulets on the dashboard, being thrown onto the vehicle's bonnet/hood in a sudden stop. It also serves to keep the driver cool and dry.

6 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Thai drivers just do not seem to be looking directly in front of them when they are driving. He was probably texting or otherwise occupied, and according to statistics the main cause of road deaths nowadays is the I-Phone !

Only one brand? Only the iPhone? Are you sure?

16 hours ago, thhMan said:

the Govt for their lack of action

Govt rather. Very tough laws for speeding, DUI, texting, people driving or riding on the wrong side, etc. enforced.

Tickets in the thousands of Bahtd, That will bend the minds of people.

Edited by AGLV0121

If it had of been a farang driver and not Thai, this post would be at about 300 hits so far with a complete accident investigation completed courtesy of TV members. 

19 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Thai drivers just do not seem to be looking directly in front of them when they are driving. He was probably texting or otherwise occupied, and according to statistics the main cause of road deaths nowadays is the I-Phone !

Amazing Sherlock. Deducing the cause of this tragedy and managing to bring the Apple I-Phone into the picture as a main contributor to fatal accidents with such limited information to go on.

Once again I am truly awed by the Thai Visa detective corps.

29 minutes ago, Able said:

Amazing Sherlock. Deducing the cause of this tragedy and managing to bring the Apple I-Phone into the picture as a main contributor to fatal accidents with such limited information to go on.

Once again I am truly awed by the Thai Visa detective corps.

Yep, only to be out done by the BIB, provided it is no more complex than brake failure.