The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

2 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

I agree,i knew 11th was far too high ,what the hell was i thinking,i even left out a weekly visit [or more] to the salon and a massage,taking selfies,talking half the day on the phone,never out of hands reach unless i call my God owl i shall have to totally revise it.

A man needs a purpose in his life.

(and a maid, according to the Neil Young song, hey, my screen name is oldhippy, so allow me to ramble about Neil Young).

Marko, this could be the purpose of your life: the ultimate top 100 (100, not 20 or so, because it would be nice to have farang husband in  the list too).

• Like 1

On 7/1/2017 at 10:26 PM, Rc2702 said:

Must be hundreds of cases like this and it seems like an opportunity for some former military honcho to set up a reform school whereby an intervention is performed to turn lazy good for nothing self pitying layabouts into volunteering to work for 6 months with no pay in a harsh labour style camp.

Snobbish, typically colonial, racist rant. You could probably do yourself a favour by keeping your pea-brain family opinions to yourself. Does it make you feel taller when you pull down others around you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marko kok prong said:

Odyesseus,

Hey Buddy hope your okay,look don't give up on Thai women they can be great,but your have to realise,that the Falang is way down on the list,;

1; Family

2;money

3;food

4; Friends

5;having sanuk with friends

6;you building or doing up their house

7;buying them car/motorsai/gold

8; the dog

9; extended family

10;sleeping

11; possibly you. 

^ Sounds quite sophisticated :

1 . Sleeping

2 . Eating

3 . Watching TV or phone

4. Alcohol

5 . Thinking of a scheme which will cost me and she will benefit

Thats about it, really

• Like 2

Just now, sanemax said:

^ Sounds quite sophisticated :

1 . Sleeping

2 . Eating

3 . Watching TV or phone

4. Alcohol

5 . Thinking of a scheme which will cost me and she will benefit

Thats about it, really

Please see my revised list,i have done extensive research to reach this point,maybe i could apply for a grant at some uni,or other scientific body,it has cost me no small amount of time ,blood ,sweat and no,i have to be honest no tears,but i feel such an in depth study should be rewarded ,i will of course go on to produce a paper explaining each of the numbers i have quoted in some depth,that should at least make this weekend when all bars are closed and all familiar avenue's of pleasure are denied somewhat of an easier burden to bear. Fear not for me good sir,i have plentiful supplies hoarded at my house,and no doubt this research may well keep me up into the small hours,unless i get very drunk,which on present consumption i would say is more than likely.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2017 at 1:54 PM, owl sees all said:

These post are quite supportive of each other. A sort of 'all in the same boat' syndrome. 

It's easy to accentuate the negative aspect of the farang/Thai relationship. I have a good life here. I'm OK for money (that helps) the BinL - as in OP - has not been in the village for over a year (still owes me 50k Baht though.) Life's generally good. I have a daughter that I'm proud of and have a couple of farang friends visit from time to time.

So when I reflect I only really get this nastiness/jealously/ranting about 10 days a month.

I guess one has to take the 'rough with the smooth' in life and as the saying goes "you make your bed etc.." 

Owl, 10 out of 30 is just too much mate. 1 in 30 I could go with. Don't waste a third of your life. Said with no malice and in the nicest way possible. I know it's never easy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marko kok prong said:

Please see my revised list,i have done extensive research to reach this point,maybe i could apply for a grant at some uni,or other scientific body,it has cost me no small amount of time ,blood ,sweat and no,i have to be honest no tears,but i feel such an in depth study should be rewarded ,i will of course go on to produce a paper explaining each of the numbers i have quoted in some depth,that should at least make this weekend when all bars are closed and all familiar avenue's of pleasure are denied somewhat of an easier burden to bear. Fear not for me good sir,i have plentiful supplies hoarded at my house,and no doubt this research may well keep me up into the small hours,unless i get very drunk,which on present consumption i would say is more than likely.

Alright guys, it's a party at Marko's pad........

:partytime2:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Things have never really changed from the courting days. I was confused when I got her in the first place (personal reasons) and when I met the wife I mistook her jealously for caring and protectionism. She also used to tell me about her childhood. Constant scoldings, whackings etc. She married a Thai man, from Nan, I think. She told me that he put her in hospital a few time through beatings.

After her divorce she knocked around Thailand doing different things; sewing factory, hotel cleaning etc. I thought I could really make a difference to her life.

After we married we settled settled down to village life. I liked the life but had run-ins, just as many ex-pats do here, with the 'family' (OP).

The problems that I encountered many years ago - but chose to disregard or underestimate - are, if anything, worse now.

BUT!! Twenty good days a month is not too bad; considering.

The most depressing post in this thread so far.

On 7/2/2017 at 7:20 AM, bannork said:

Recommend to the parents that the idler becomes a monk.you can dress it up as claiming he need to learn actions, or non-actions in his case, have consequences, ie no work , no food.

Alternatively, as others wisely warn, cutting off funds for the parents will result in you being considered heartless. Do your sisters- in - law feel the same way as you, and does your wife? If there is agreement all round, then you could try to get the parents to move out for a while to live with one of the daughters ( if they live far enough away), and explain there is not enough room for brother-in-law to come too. Left at home alone with no funds, he may suddenly feel the urge to get a job.

Becoming a monk can also be positioned as gaining status for the family.

20 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Twenty pages, so time for a first intermediate overview.

What do we have so far? 

On the positive side:

>>> we have permanently eradicated the " stiff upper lip " nonsense we were brought up with

>>> we all have a smile on our face - or is that rigor mortis?

On the negative side:

>>> we tried, we failed, life is a bitch

Because you hooked up with 1.

4 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Oh come on Transam,surely you remember his heartrending stories of how he could not see his kids and life was so cruel blah,blah,blah,i don't think he even lives here now,so why he still posts i don't know.I am not picking on the bloke but jeez many of us have similiar stories,just that Ben seemed to go on about it a bit,but i sure hope he is doing okay.

Of what I remember to have read from him, you, and others on this thread, absolutely have no reason to pity yourselves.