Five arrested for allegedly selling marijuana via parcel post

webfact

Five arrested for allegedly selling marijuana via parcel post
By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police have arrested five men in Bangkok for allegedly selling marijuana and shipping it via parcel post.

Police found 430 kilograms of compressed bars of marijuana hidden in a Bangkok house and the arrests led to the capture of 53 buyers around the country.

The arrests were announced by Patrol and Special Operation (191) Division commander Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpal on Friday.

Displayed at the press conference were 281 grams of crytal meth, 40,000 methamphetamine pills, 430 kilograms of compressed bars of marijuana, three motorcycles, two guns, 96 rounds of ammunition and eight mobile phones which had been seized from the suspects.

The suspects were identified as Issara Ratanapolsen, 22, Jennarong Chaiwiset, 20, Rawichet Ngencharoen, 20, Seree Boonsawat, 38, and Ratchawit Suparattheerachai, 19.

The police chief said his division has been monitoring the group as they sold the drug online and shipped the drug via parcel post.

He said Issara was arrested on Thursday at the Klong Bangna post office of the Kerry logistic firm while posting 49 parcels. His arrest led to the arrest of the four other suspects at a house on Soi Chalerm Phrakiart 8/1 in Bangkok’s Prawet district.

Surachet said police found that the suspects have shipped 95 parcels, and 53 recipients were arrested.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30320146

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-07

The first global power, with its military, technological or investigative armada at full throttle,  cannot overtake the pleague of drug invasion from south american or Oriental drug cartels,

and people here are barking at Thailand in being retarded on this issue?!....what a joke!:cheesy:

Some should really quit watching Sports TV and switch to a bit more instructive airings!!!:burp::sorry:

Edited by observer90210

4 hours ago, observer90210 said:

The first global power, with its military, technological or investigative armada at full throttle,  cannot overtake the pleague of drug invasion from south american or Oriental drug cartels,

and people here are barking at Thailand in being retarded on this issue?!....what a joke!:cheesy:

Some should really quit watching Sports TV and switch to a bit more instructive airings!!!:burp::sorry:

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps you confused my post with something else?

I was merely referring to how retarded it is to keep chasing non violent pot-users. While most of the civilised world are shifting towards decriminalising or legalising marijuana, for recreational and/or medical use, Thailand bullheadedly continues to waste their time, tax money and recourses on chasing people who enjoys this flower. They are throwing them into jail like they have robbed a bank or worse.

Marijuana and hemp is actually a very old part of thai culture. The bong itself was even invented here. But then the US started their "war on drugs" (massive failure by the way), and pretty much forced Thailand and the rest of the world to ban this little flower.

Nowdays in the US, state after state are legalising marijuana. Canada, Greece and many other countries are about to legalise it nationwide, but Thailand still obeys Nixon.

Thats retarded, tragic and a bit funny too.. Feelings all over the place. :sleepy:

2009-11_cartoon_large.jpg

Edited by ricku

14 hours ago, ricku said:

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps you confused my post with something else?

I was merely referring to how retarded it is to keep chasing non violent pot-users. While most of the civilised world are shifting towards decriminalising or legalising marijuana, for recreational and/or medical use, Thailand bullheadedly continues to waste their time, tax money and recourses on chasing people who enjoys this flower. They are throwing them into jail like they have robbed a bank or worse.

Marijuana and hemp is actually a very old part of thai culture. The bong itself was even invented here. But then the US started their "war on drugs" (massive failure by the way), and pretty much forced Thailand and the rest of the world to ban this little flower.

Nowdays in the US, state after state are legalising marijuana. Canada, Greece and many other countries are about to legalise it nationwide, but Thailand still obeys Nixon.

Thats retarded, tragic and a bit funny too.. Feelings all over the place. :sleepy:

2009-11_cartoon_large.jpg

Don't waste your time. Grumpy old man will never understand that their booze will kill them faster than any weed in the world.

I gave up trying to explain, anyway they have lost and weed will be legal in the whole world before we die !