Migrant worker clampdown leaves Phuket constructors seeking help

snoop1130

Migrant worker clampdown leaves Phuket constructors seeking help

Eakkapop Thongtub

1499415852_1-org.jpg

Constructors visit Provincial Hall yesterday seeking help from Governor Norraphat Plodthong following the latest crackdown on migrant workers. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:-- Constructors who say they have been affected by the new Emergency Decree on “Management Immigrant Work” have sought help from government officials.

Meanwhile, the Phuket Governor has urged that no officials extort money from migrant worker following the latest crackdown on illegal foreign labour.

Yesterday (July 6) at Phuket Provincial Hall, Mr Prasart Boontantraphiwat, a representative of construction operators in Phuket, Mr Wirachai Sedsom President of the Phuket Construction Entrepreneur Association and others member met with Governor Norraphat Plodthong asking him to help saying they had been left badly affected by the recent crackdown on illegal foreign labour.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/migrant-worker-clampdown-leaves-phuket-constructors-seeking-help-62921.php#4MAdpXfzDjCzoLBO.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-7-7

Both Thailand and Myanmar ( and Cambodia and Laos for that matter) need a simple process that allows migrants to come to work in Thailand and enforce labor laws to see that the migrant workers are treated fairly under the law - to include social security and workers compensation.  Most importantly, they deserve the respect of the Thai people for the significant contribution that they make to the Thai economy.

2 hours ago, pookiki said:

Both Thailand and Myanmar ( and Cambodia and Laos for that matter) need a simple process that allows migrants to come to work in Thailand and enforce labor laws to see that the migrant workers are treated fairly under the law - to include social security and workers compensation.  Most importantly, they deserve the respect of the Thai people for the significant contribution that they make to the Thai economy.

Respect by Thai is never ever going to happen. 

One of my Thai friends has a pig farm, he used to have 10 Myanmar workers as he could not find any local Thais that want to work for 300 Baht a day even if they do not have a job or a steady income from something else... I guess he will have to close his farm now as he can not do all the job himself.

Edited by Kasset Tak

1 minute ago, Kasset Tak said:

One of my Thai friends has a pig farm, he used to have 10 Myanmar workers as he could not find any local Thais that want to work for 300 Baht a day even if they do not have a job with a steady income... I guess he will have to close his farm now as he can not do all the job himself.

"he could not find any local Thais that want to work for 300 Baht a day even if they do not have a job with a steady income.." - why would local Thai men work for 300 baht a day when their girlfriend / sister / wife can embezzle millions of baht out of farangs????

14 hours ago, petermik said:

Where are all the Thais willing to do the work that the migrants do..................:whistling:

sadly, I think 50% of them are just hanging around, waiting to get some money from their girlfriends that are working. 

Seems as though Thailand is standing by the tenets of ASEAN......free travel of workers throughout the region.....

Unfortunately, the Thais dislike of anyone foreign, will always come back to bite them.

I have to agree that I know some Thais who will not work for the peanuts of 300 baht per day.

I guess this  new is going to affect many businesses in the country.  As I have said already

Good Luck Thailand as you already need it. 555

Geezer

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

Seems as though Thailand is standing by the tenets of ASEAN......free travel of workers throughout the region.....

Unfortunately, the Thais dislike of anyone foreign, will always come back to bite them.

Deleted.

Edited by KarenBravo

When I first arrived here and was having a house built at Tropical Hill in Hua-Hin some 12 years ago all the labour was from Myanmar. I wonder if that ghetto building is still going on . Halfway through your house being built there is no one to finish it.