Yikes! Woman in expensive mansion screams to Thai media after not one but two snakes come out of the loo!

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Snakes terrorise family at luxury Bangkok estate

By The Nation

cfb48ca01ebdee3920d7be5f4bf452ff.jpeg

She was admitted to hospital and given an injection and medication, after security guards removed the toilet to find the snake. 

It was a python, and it was handed over to a foundation.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30320356

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-10

^ Here

2 hours ago, speedtripler said:

I don't understand why the hospital phoned the security guard to determine the type of the snake  .... And then took his word for it when he said a python

They have big expectations from a min wage Thai security guard to be able to find the snake, correctly identify it and then give medical treatment based on what the security guard told them on the phone.... <deleted>?? 

Couldn't you identify a python?    I know I could.   I'd be able to identify a cobra and maybe a banded krait, but no other local snakes.

Why shouldn't a Thai be able to identify a local snake?   I'd expect a Thai to know what a python looked like as well as cobras and possibly other snakes.

On 7/10/2017 at 3:44 PM, webfact said:

On Sunday, her 15-year-old daughter was washing her hands inside the same toilet when a big snake slithered up from the toilet. 

What strange personal hygiene habits some people have.

19 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Your making assumptions the snake was still there and  security guard found it and he took a picture and sent that and the girl recognized the snake lol... 

Yes, that one surely got some other snake in to take the fall.

20 hours ago, observer90210 said:

I find it really sad and disturbing...naturally for the snake issue, but mainly for the discriminative approach of the article and some posts..."...woman in expensive mansion..." and so on...

What is wrong with some? Just because she could afford an expensive house, it means serves her right?

Stupidity and jealousy seem to mix well amongst a few, who should consult a physician to cure their mental hatred.

The venom within some of the posts here seem worse then that of a snake!

I just hope that those who are snarking at this lady's misfortune don't get their ass bitten off one day and thus realise the hard way what it feels like.

I actually thought the point was supposed to be "you don't expect that to happen in an expensive place!"

15 hours ago, Katia said:

I actually thought the point was supposed to be "you don't expect that to happen in an expensive place!"

Hopefully, that was the initial intent...but maybe on reading some contents here, you may find a reason to my comment and a answer to your quest.

On 11/07/2017 at 2:14 AM, seancbk said:

Couldn't you identify a python?    I know I could.   I'd be able to identify a cobra and maybe a banded krait, but no other local snakes.

Why shouldn't a Thai be able to identify a local snake?   I'd expect a Thai to know what a python looked like as well as cobras and possibly other snakes.

I think you give them too much credit. Basic knowledge about something that could make the difference between life and death? Pffff keep dreaming!

On 11/07/2017 at 2:14 AM, seancbk said:

Nonsense, if you got bit on the nutsack you wouldnt have a clue what kind of snake did it... 

And security guards are not qualified zoologists.... :biggrin:

28 minutes ago, speedtripler said:
On 7/11/2017 at 2:14 AM, seancbk said:

Nonsense, if you got bit on the nutsack you wouldnt have a clue what kind of snake did it... 

And security guards are not qualified zoologists.... :biggrin:

I used to have a pet python and know a thing or two about snakes.   You'd have to be pretty clueless not to be able to identify a python and cobras are easy to identify, you certainly don't need to be a zoologist.   

Just living in Asia all your life and seeing snakes in the house, the garden etc is enough.

9 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Hopefully, that was the initial intent...but maybe on reading some contents here, you may find a reason to my comment and a answer to your quest.

I thought we were referring to the story, though.  Comments here are another thing...

7 hours ago, seancbk said:

I used to have a pet python and know a thing or two about snakes.   You'd have to be pretty clueless not to be able to identify a python and cobras are easy to identify, you certainly don't need to be a zoologist.   

Just living in Asia all your life and seeing snakes in the house, the garden etc is enough.

Or, he possibly described it to them.  (Or, as someone else mentioned, took a picture.  I might think it unlikely too, except, where did the picture in the news story come from?  Doubt they put the snake back for a reenactment?)

Edited by Katia

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2017 at 8:58 AM, ezflip said:

I don't understand why Thai house don't use one-way flow valves for their waste pipes. They are cheap and easy to install with a big sticker showing which way the waste should go. Saves the house from back wash during floods and stops critters from entering through the sewer system.

PVC adapt2.jpg

Because it is too easy that's why Did not take 10 people on a committee to suggest it 

On 7/10/2017 at 8:58 AM, ezflip said:

I don't understand why Thai house don't use one-way flow valves for their waste pipes. They are cheap and easy to install with a big sticker showing which way the waste should go. Saves the house from back wash during floods and stops critters from entering through the sewer system.

PVC adapt2.jpg

You can get them here as well.

2 minutes ago, Rimbuman said:

You can get them here as well.

I know that they are available here because my house has one after I heavily insisted in using one. Most sewage plumbing is done by general workers that have no idea that it exists and/or what it's used for.