Soldier accused of horrific hot water punishment against five year old Thai child

snoop1130

Soldier accused of horrific hot water punishment against five year old Thai child

dn.png

In what is one of Thailand's worst cases of child abuse a soldier has been accused of torturing a five year with boiling water.

The soldier - the husband of a woman entrusted with looking after the boy from the north - tied the hands of the five year old behind his back as a punishment.

Then he put a bag containing boiling water down the front of his trousers and left it there as the little boy screamed in agony.

Despite the screams he did not stop the horrific punishment.

The boy ended up in hospital with grievous burns to the entire area of his lower abdomen, upper thighs and genitals, part of which had to be amputated, which meant he needed to have a catheter fitted just to enable him to urinate.

The mother had paid for child care to the couple who live in Pathum Thani north of Bangkok. 

She opted for child care because she had to work in another province from her northern hometown.

She suspected something was wrong in January when her normal calls enquiring about her son went unanswered.

She went to see the couple and was told her son had been burnt and was in hospital.

Her son soon told her what had happened and she reported the matter to the police.

But that was six months ago and nothing has happened in the case. So she has now spoken to well known human rights lawyer Songkarn Achariyasap who has taken on the case.

He revealed pictures of the little boys ghastly wounds and says he intends to take the mother and son to national police HQ and appeal to the interior ministry to seek justice in the matter.

Source: https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/584508

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-7-10

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Her son soon told her what had happened and she reported the matter to the police.

But that was six months ago and nothing has happened in the case

This is a sickening case. Any normal human being would want to get justice for this boy and his parents. Why didn't the police behave like normal human beings and give this the priority it deserves?

It's no wonder that sometimes people take the law into their own hands.

10 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

"But that was six months ago and nothing has happened in the case." disgusting,really disgusting.Police too busy with traffic stops.

regards worgeordie

And another example of why it should be totally compulsory, by law, for adults on the scene of such incidents to call medical authorities or take the injured person to a hospital or a medical facility with urgency.

And another example of why it should be totally compulsory, by law, for hospitals and doctors to reports such things urgently to the police. 

Edited by scorecard

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

And another example of why it should be totally compulsory for hospitals and doctors to reports such things quickly to the police. 

Police, could,  like this case be a complete waste of time. 

There needs to be some other reporting system to ensure it is acted on. 

21 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

This is a sickening case. Any normal human being would want to get justice for this boy and his parents. Why didn't the police behave like normal human beings and give this the priority it deserves?

It's no wonder that sometimes people take the law into their own hands.

Unfortunately it didn't happen in this case. 

I'd chip in to a fund to make it happen. 

Edited by Artisi

You don't have to be a Red Bull heir for no action to be taken by the police. Just be in uniform. Even a lowly soldier is not prosecuted as it would 'damage the reputation' of the military.

I wonder if this guy will find a villian's part in the current military propagandist TV soap opera. 

The mother reported this to the police six months ago and nothing has been done. An investigation as to why the police have taken no action in this case needs to be undertaken. Action is needed in both the awful case regarding the child and the police inaction. Disgusting on many levels.

CG5000

The hospital is at fault for not reporting it to the local district attorney's office...child abuse reporting should be mandatory....

the police should only have limited responsibilities - upholding the law and enforcement...

charges and and convivtions rests with the DA office and judicial system...

how their system works need reform or police have too much power

<deleted>! This $&%T makes my blood boil. I honestly think I could murder someone with my bare hands if I caught them doing this to a defensless child. I would seriously loose my marbles and turn savage!!! Im not sure why I read this article!

i am not usually an advocate of violence but in this case i think that a double dose of what this utter apology of a human being handed out to this 5 year old would be an inadequate sentence for this dispiccable animal

Soldiers here are rarely punished for their crimes. The army is accorded a high position in this society under normal circumstance. Now that they are in power, most are completely above the law. Perhaps they will make an example of him, since it appears he is a low ranked fool.

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

And another example of why it should be totally compulsory, by law, for adults on the scene of such incidents to call medical authorities or take the injured person to a hospital or a medical facility with urgency.

And another example of why it should be totally compulsory, by law, for hospitals and doctors to reports such things urgently to the police. 

...and finally it should be totally compulsory, by law, for the police to do their job!