Prayut prepares for a tricky Washington trip

webfact

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha has spoke in Washington before at the UN assembly.

He is very adverse with speaking to leading officials and is not the slightest bit concerned or intimidated.  I am sure he will conduct the talks in a very professional manner and it can only build ties closer for the two countries.

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha  :wai:

596411e9cfcad_KhunPrayuth.jpg.590a56d05447db5576799552899d98e1.jpg

I like your sarcasm....:cheesy:

Thailand needs to have the Junta in control.

It cannot function properly without it that way,  which has been proven in the past.

If you want lawlessness, protests, roads blocked, airports closed off, shootings and insecurity then go back to how it was .....  I prefer the latter ...

Just amazes me how some farangs can't grasp this .......   democracy is not a cast in stone requirement that fits all.  It is not a must have ... 

Thailand is what it is and it undoubtedly functions alot better now than before.

2 hours ago, Lupatria said:

How many of his fellow Americans even know about the difference between China and Taiwan? Time to make Americans think again.

He also mixed up the Heads of State for Singapore and Indonesia.  Don't make excuses for his total lack of preparation for the G-20 summit.  He's a total fail in all aspects of the Presidency and needs to be quickly removed.

4 hours ago, Lupatria said:

How many of his fellow Americans even know about the difference between China and Taiwan? Time to make Americans think again.

Same tired old nonsense anytime China or Taiwan are mentioned.  Maybe you need time to have an original thought.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

It cannot function properly without it that way,  which has been proven in the past.

If you want lawlessness, protests, roads blocked, airports closed off, shootings and insecurity then go back to how it was .....  I prefer the latter ...

Just amazes me how some farangs can't grasp this .......   democracy is not a cast in stone requirement that fits all.  It is not a must have ... 

Thailand is what it is and it undoubtedly functions alot better now than before.

Are you here to wind people up or are you a Junta spokesman?

17 minutes ago, MorristheRunt said:
2 hours ago, steven100 said:

Are you here to wind people up or are you a Junta spokesman?

59648662ae312_internettroll.jpg.9c7edda448622c247a79ca2bd77f1893.jpg

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha has spoke in Washington before at the UN assembly.

He is very adverse with speaking to leading officials and is not the slightest bit concerned or intimidated.  I am sure he will conduct the talks in a very professional manner and it can only build ties closer for the two countries.

Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha  :wai:

596411e9cfcad_KhunPrayuth.jpg.590a56d05447db5576799552899d98e1.jpg

I think that the fact that you clearly dont know what ' adverse' means , neatly sums up the accuracy of your post.

20 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

I think that the fact that you clearly dont know what ' adverse' means , neatly sums up the accuracy of your post.

He is very familiar with speaking to leading officials and is not the slightest bit concerned or intimidated,  or he is accustom to speaking with leading officials.

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

He is very familiar with speaking to leading officials and is not the slightest bit concerned or intimidated,  or he is accustom to speaking with leading officials.

Thats better though still a stretch. He is only accustomed to speaking to yes men or those too afraid to contradict him. If he had to face a hostlle audience or strong press he would fall to pieces.

Trump is really passed off about China's 40% increase in trade with North Korea after promising to put pressure on the rogue regime. Trump simply doesn't understand that the Chinese have been doing this for decades. That is, they promise much, but deliver nothing!

So, I expect Trump will seek ways to put pressure on China particularly through banking and possibly steel exports to the US. Trump will want support from other countries in addition to S. Korea, Japan and Taiwan.

This will put Thailand in a difficult position. Nevertheless, my guess is Trump will pressure Thailand to "choose sides".  One fine mess! 

On 7/11/2017 at 7:40 AM, Dobredin Ghusputin said:

English-Thai-English dictionary - check

Scrapbook for penning poems in spare time - check

3 dozen Mama cup noodles - check

Emergency assistance number in China - check

Special glasses to only see crowds of supporters - check

Practice power handshake - pending

Anything else?

A map to find that tricky Washington.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:49 AM, al007 said:

1 hour ago,  al007 said: 

As time goes on my admiration for Trump increases, a man democratically elected, who also tells it as he sees it

The powerful way he met with Putin again to be admired, Trump breathed power, Putin looked meek 

I look forward to seeing the reaction to self appointed Army General, note Trumps recent statement of disapproval on Cuba

My advice to the General would be keep your head down, it could get cut off, and better still do not go

No sir very serious, however I am just an old Englishman, who like everyone is entitled to his views

I find it so hard to see why in the worlds largest democracy there is so much anger to its democratically elected leader by the American people, soon there will be civil war, is this a statement America does not agree with democracy

On the other hand in Thailand with a self appointed leader the people appear to accept it       :post-4641-1156694572:         :passifier:

America post World War 2 became the leader of the free world.

America under Donald Trump is simply a fading power and one that is now ridiculed.

China and Russia are now the leaders of the world and not one word of rhetoric from Daft Donald is going to change that.

I am English and we are having the same story. BREXIT, an utter disaster for the British population, particularly the young. The UK is a miniscule, inept fading pwer and the quicker the politicians and older generation realise that, the better.