Train carrying cement derails in middle of Korat last night

webfact

Train carrying cement derails in middle of Korat last night

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GO2C7BDrXzSFnL3Kij.jpg

KORAT: -- Nine bogeys on a train carrying cement from Saraburi to Ubon derailed at a busy intersection in Korat yesterday evening.

The bogeys ended up on their side at 7.45 pm blocking the road at the five ways Ning Nong junction in the city.

It was six hours before they were righted and traffic was severe, said Thai Rath.

The 20 bogey train carrying TPI powder cement was driven by Ong-art Maha-amnart. Neither he nor anyone else was injured.

Barrier superintendent Thongchai Rakdee said that the final bogey came off the rails amid a great noise and pulled eight others with it onto their sides.

The accident occurred near the industrial estate just 300 meters from Nakorn Ratchasima station.

An investigation is underway.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-11

4 minutes ago, tomyummer said:

The rails probably couldn't handle the weight of all the cement powder in those bogeys.
Interesting how the report named the driver of the train so fast.

The driver was named solely because he is only a train driver lo-so.

Now only hi-so folk get to keep their names private.

A lowly train driver is never going to sue for defamation, is he.

Northeast-bound train services still suspended after freight train derailment
By The Nation

KORAT: -- Railway officials are trying to salvage nine freight carriages that derailed at a rail crossing in Nakhon Ratchasima province, blocking northeast-bound train services since early Monday evening.

The services were suspended at 7.30pm after the nine carriages of the 20-carriage freight train derailed at the rail crossing at an intersection in Nakhon Ratchasima’s Muang district.

The train, driven by Ongarj Maha-amnart, was transporting cement belonging to TPI Polene from Saraburi province to Ubon Ratchathani province. When it reached the intersection, a wheel slipped out of a carriage, resulting in the derailment. No one was injured.

Sakchai Supjaithiang, director of railway operations of Region 2 in Nakhon Ratchasima, said he asked the State Railway of Thailand’s head office to send a crew from Bangkok to clear the track.

He said cranes in Nakhon Ratchasima could not lift the carriages because each carriage weighs some 60 tonnes due to the cement inside.

Sakchai said the salvage operation would take at least six more hours and workers would have to repair the track before services can resume.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30320418

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-11

If you see the trains how they are shiffering along the tracks with their coaches or load you don't wonder they not derails ever on the way! The train system in thailand is completly wrotten down so whenever they want to set up a new train system (and i do not want to talk about speed trains as this can not happen here) they have to improve the track system first: but please only with foreign technology and knowledge and best trained thais who can run the system later on!

Otherwise best stay away from using a train in Thailand ; better go India!

1 minute ago, JAG said:

Broken axle? It can happen anywhere.

The only way to detect a flaw in the wheelset is through "ultrasonic" testing.
I don't know if they have it here...

Oh I don't know JAG old chum, when my missus screeches I bet you could test virtually anything to destruction. 

Dont suppise the natal section of the hosputal could help? I had an ultrasonic test on my leg a few months back to detect ( detect my ass) a blood clot. 

This just confirms what I have been saying all along.

To even think about entrusting the SRT to run high speed trains is unbelievable.

General  please forget about high speed trains, & use a fraction of the money upgrade & maintain

AN ALL WEATHER DUAL TRACK TRAIN ON ALL EXISTING LINES

with regular proper departures (& arrivals).

SRT needs a good boot up the arse as well

4 hours ago, JAG said:

Broken axle? It can happen anywhere.

The only way to detect a flaw in the wheelset is through "ultrasonic" testing.
I don't know if they have it here...

In N.America, railroad carmen test wheels with a hammer strike. They can tell from the ring if they are faulty. European wheeltappers do the same thing. In Thailand they are called bogiemen.

I doubt Thailand has "hotbox" detectors trackside.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheeltapper

Edited by ratcatcher

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

In N.America, railroad carmen test wheels with a hammer strike. They can tell from the ring if they are faulty. European wheeltappers do the same thing. In Thailand they are called bogiemen.

I doubt Thailand has "hotbox" detectors trackside.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheeltapper

i remember the "wheeltappers" I know that they can tell if a wheel or tyre is ok by the sound. Can they do the same for detecting a flaw in the axle casting?

More importantly, does that make the chap in Thailand "Fungus The Bogieman"?