Thai soldiers arrest Israeli businessmen

webfact

Just now, Jingthing said:

I guess it's really getting out of hand there with the Israeli invasion. I hope you're not too heavily invested there ... :whistling:

Not invested at all. You are still slinging mud wildly. Sadly for you, all wide of the mark. Just a sad, pathetic and lonely figure.

That's the other thing. I've actually seen you.

Just now, JamJar said:

Not invested at all. You are still slinging mud wildly. Sadly for you, all wide of the mark. Just a sad, pathetic and lonely figure.

That's the other thing. I've actually seen you.

The plot thickens. :stoner:

Good you're not invested there. If Samui gets too Jewy for you, you can take the next boat out. No worries. 

Just now, Jingthing said:

The plot thickens. :stoner:

Good you're not invested there. If Samui gets too Jewy for you, you can take the next boat out. No worries. 

There were already too many Israelis there many years ago. But hey ho. I don't have to live there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JamJar said:

There were already too many Israelis there many years ago. But hey ho. I don't have to live there.

Glad to hear that! :partytime2:

You know I can partly relate to your POV because I had a similar experience with Russians dominating where I live for many years, but then they diminished.

I felt, I didn't move to Russia. I moved to Thailand. 

It wasn't a particular problem with Russians though of course many are very obnoxious but that they had become demographically dominant.

Of course some of them are gangsters and criminals.

Of course they mostly like to hang out with each other.

Generally, most have no interest with engaging with non Russians. 

But never ever did I have a problem with them having their own nightclubs, restaurants, all kinds of businesses, etc.

I just grew weary of being surrounded by them because I prefer more DIVERSITY.

But I think you take that same sort of thing into an UGLY ZONE with your anti-Israeli obsession. 

Edited by Jingthing

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oh, glad to hear it, cutey. So what was I wearing? 

Who gives a ....? I was eating with friends and you just cut a sad and lonely figure.

I bypassed my natural distaste for you in order to have a serious discussion about the behaviour of Israelis on Samui and beyond, but because you could not refute what I had posted, you took your replies down the ever predictable route of victimisation.

Honestly, I feel sick even holding a discussion with you such is the revulsion I feel. But I bypassed my initial feelings in order to have a frank discussion.

In the end it was like having a discussion with a silly little girl.

So I'll leave you to it.

10 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Who gives a ....? I was eating with friends and you just cut a sad and lonely figure.

I bypassed my natural distaste for you in order to have a serious discussion about the behaviour of Israelis on Samui and beyond, but because you could not refute what I had posted, you took your replies down the ever predictable route of victimisation.

Honestly, I feel sick even holding a discussion with you such is the revulsion I feel. But I bypassed my initial feelings in order to have a frank discussion.

In the end it was like having a discussion with a silly little girl.

So I'll leave you to it.

No personal attacks from you. Good to see that confirmed yet again. 

8 hours ago, JamJar said:

If people hate them, perhaps there is a reason. No surprise that you start with the victim complex.

I travel a lot and they were amongst the worst behaved I ever met....everywhere.

Personally, I rarely met one that I liked. Usually the ones that I liked were people who didn't like hanging out with other Israelis on holiday. Then there were a couple of girls. 

There were all kinds of excuses made for their behaviour. But an arse is an arse.

It's not just me who thinks so:

http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.582835

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.culture.jewish/3-WH9B4MfF8

http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/App/TalkBack/CdaViewOpenTalkBack/0,11382,L-4196793,00.html

Other opinions found at random online:

Of course instead of dealing with the reality, it is easier to hide behind the curtain of anti-semitism.

Like an alcoholic denying that he has a problem. Easier to brush it off than to look within.

So, as I stated, I know that you don't want to think badly of your Israeli brothers, but they have a bad reputation.

So no if they want to hang out with each other, they should do so in Israel. Travel is suppose to broaden the mind.

No need to create a mini Israel in Samui.

I've met some lovely Jews,  very nice people.  Also known some not so friendly ones same with Christians, Buddhists etc only one religion that I have found the people to be not very nice.

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

I've met some lovely Jews,  very nice people.  Also known some not so friendly ones same with Christians, Buddhists etc only one religion that I have found the people to be not very nice.

It appears that you have totally missed the point. 

The subject is Israelis, in this case specifically on the islands.  Not about Judaism, Christianity or Buddhism. 

It appears that you have totally missed the point. 

The subject is Israelis, in this case specifically on the islands.  Not about Judaism, Christianity or Buddhism. 

That just happen to be mostly Jews. Yeah. That's the ticket.

Indeed the culture of the state of Israel is distinctive.

Of course when you're talking about young Israeli tourists abroad in places like Samui, many places in India, etc. many are doing their after required military service travel. It is part of the Israeli culture.

Thailand generally invites all nationalities with valid passports/visas and some baht to spend.

That includes Israelis and charming people that oppose the existence of Israeli nightclubs in Thailand.

Thailand welcomes us all!

But no bad guys they say so watch out bad guys!

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That just happen to be mostly Jews. Yeah. That's the ticket.

Indeed the culture of the state of Israel is distinctive.

Of course when you're talking about young Israeli tourists abroad in places like Samui, many places in India, etc. many are doing their after required military service travel. It is part of the Israeli culture.

Thailand generally invites all nationalities with valid passports/visas and some baht to spend.

That includes Israelis and charming people that oppose the existence of Israeli nightclubs in Thailand.

Thailand welcomes us all!

But no bad guys they say so watch out bad guys!

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Since I posted articles from Jewish and Israeli publications complaining about the behaviour of Israelis abroad, it is clear to all, except you, that I am not attaching the behaviour to Judaism.

It only your disgusting habit of crying anti-Semitism and bias at anything perceived as criticism, that compels you to suggest otherwise.

There is nothing in that video that reflects their actual behaviour abroad! Are you joking? 

It shows that you know absolutely nothing of what really goes on. That is a complete whitewash. Worse than a joke.

Now you are trotting out the old excuse of military service as to why they behave is such a "£$% way. But I can tell you that does not cover even half of it.

Once again, go to the islands and ask the locals what they think and soon you will understand that it has NOTHING to do with having served in the military...unless the emphasis there is to teach them to have utterly "£$% personalities.

You don't know a thing, but here you are posting a load of old rubbish. 

I have so many personal examples, but I am not going to trot them out here.

How about you stop making excuses for the rotten eggs?

Since I posted articles from Jewish and Israeli publications complaining about the behaviour of Israelis abroad, it is clear to all, except you, that I am not attaching the behaviour to Judaism.
It only your disgusting habit of crying anti-Semitism and bias at anything perceived as criticism, that compels you to suggest otherwise.

There is nothing in that video that reflects their actual behaviour abroad! Are you joking? 
It shows that you know absolutely nothing of what really goes on. That is a complete whitewash. Worse than a joke.

Now you are trotting out the old excuse of military service as to why they behave is such a "£$% way. But I can tell you that does not cover even half of it.

Once again, go to the islands and ask the locals what they think and soon you will understand that it has NOTHING to do with having served in the military...unless the emphasis there is to teach them to have utterly "£$% personalities.

You don't know a thing, but here you are posting a load of old rubbish. 

I have so many personal examples, but I am not going to trot them out here.

How about you stop making excuses for the rotten eggs?

How about toning it down buddy?
My objection to your POV is not that you criticize the behavior of Israelis but your bigotry and arrogance in thinking it's your business that Israelis build enclaves and nightclubs in Thailand. That's none of your business. This is Thailand and you aren't Thai. If the Thai are OK with Israeli business activities or any other nationality is up to the Thais.

As far as antisemitism if you are suggesting that antisemitism isn't sometimes a factor in obsession with hating on Israelis try to sell that to someone more naive.

What's in your heart I can't know but I can know your posts are very ugly including disgusting personal attacks.

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

My objection to your POV is not that you criticize the behavior of Israelis but your bigotry and arrogance in thinking it's your business that Israelis build enclaves and nightclubs in Thailand. That's none of your business. This is Thailand and you aren't Thai. If the Thai are OK with Israeli business activities or any other nationality is up to the Thais.

As far as antisemitism if you are suggesting that antisemitism isn't sometimes a factor in obsession with hating on Israelis try to sell that to someone more naive.

What's in your heart I can't know but I can know your posts are very ugly including disgusting personal attacks.

Perhaps you didn't notice, but that is the topic of this thread. Hence the raids. Got it now?

Not interested in the rest of your tedious tirade.

The topic is to with Israelis and their behaviour on Samui. You will not be allowed to derail it with your entirely predictable attempts to label it as anti-semitism.

51 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

As to toning it down, you would do well to take your own advice. I'll say no more about that here. You would absolutely not dare to address me as "buddy" to my face, so don't presume to do it here.

52 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Perhaps you didn't notice, but that is the topic of this thread. Hence the raids. Got it now?

Not interested in the rest of your tedious tirade.

The topic is to with Israelis and their behaviour on Samui. You will not be allowed to derail it with your entirely predictable attempts to label it as anti-semitism.

one -- You do not have my permission to change the emphasis on my posts.That is against forum rules.

two -- I have no problem with the legal right of Thai authorities in Thailand restricting activities of any foreign nationals business developments, making arrests for illegal activities, etc.. Including Israelis, whatever nationality you are, Belizeans, Martians, whatever. I may not agree with all the specific decisions they make or think them fair, but I can't object to their right to such actions (short of human rights type violations that come to the attention of international bodies). 

two point one -- I DO have a big problem with some nationalities of foreigners in Thailand thinking they have any say in policies towards other nationalities of foreigners in Thailand. Thai policy towards Israelis or whatever nationality you are is a matter that is completely with the THAIS. All the rest of us are foreigners here.

Yes, I'm not naive, I realize in Thai culture and law (really applies to any sovereign nation), they have the right to not treat all nationalities of foreigners the same or equally and indeed, they don't. But again, their country, their rules. Not our (foreigners) rules. 

three -- The topic is actually about one arrest, right? You've already expanded that wildly to general objections about Israeli enclaves and general wide objectives to Israeli "bad" behavior in Samui. So your lecturing is disingenuous and to be taken with a bucket of Kosher salt. 

four -- No problem at all with not getting into antisemitism except for acknowledging the obvious fact that sometimes sentiment against Israelis includes antisemitism as a least a factor. If you think it's OK to play act rose colored glasses style that it doesn't, and you're trying to convince me to buy into your rigid party line, forget about it.

Edited by Jingthing

51 minutes ago, JamJar said:

As to toning it down, you would do well to take your own advice. I'll say no more about that here. You would absolutely not dare to address me as "buddy" to my face, so don't presume to do it here.

It's just a term of affection. Chill. 

Edited by Jingthing

24 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Can jamjar and jingting take your conversation to PM, neither of you are from Samui, why do take your bickering here, one more comment and I will remove every comment both of you had on this thread.

I have connections to Samui. More than twenty five years, so my posts are quite relevant. I don't see how I could be from Samui, unless I was Thai.

As you can see, I am trying to keep my posts on topic, rather than having them derailed by accusations of anti-semitism. I'm sure that you can see that. I'm not interested in having any kind of communication with Jingthing. I just don't want him to deflect the points that I am making with his baseless accusations.

So, if you don't mind, I will continue to make relevant comment on this thread.

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

As you can see, I am trying to keep my posts on topic, rather than having them derailed by accusations of anti-semitism. I'm sure that you can see that. I'm not interested in having any kind of communication with Jingthing. I just don't want him to deflect the points that I am making with his baseless accusations.

I sincerely disagree with the above characterization of my posts on this topic. I'm totally fine with not engaging with JJ any more on this topic (and I think that's a great idea), but I think at least I should have the opportunity to register my strong objection in the face of such an inflammatory accusation. 

Hopefully from that, we can agree to disagree in a gentlemanly manner, and as well suggested, not engage further on this thread. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Scott said:

This is the final WARNING.   Continued bickering will get you suspended.

Bear in mind that I have twice informed JT that I have no interest in communicating with him. Also via PM, where I have ignored any of his attempts to communicate with me.

Yet he has again not only quoted my post written to PoorSucker, but edited the content of that post.

So please, do not include me in any descriptions of bickering. I post my information and point of view on the topic and have no control over whether someone chooses to reply and quote a post of mine directed to someone else.