Taxies.

edd

If i rember correctly about a year ago the Boys in Brown were going to make the Taxi-Meters use the meter in the cab instead of just plucking a number out of the air.

I thought at the time that this will never happen.

And as far as i can see it hasn't happened

?[emoji6]

2 hours ago, lamecn said:

Payment according to the meter reading. If the meter says nothing, the payment should be nothing. Most policemen will agree on this.

I did it in Bangkok. Picture of the meter and picture of the taxi registration plate at the door. The driver got "slightly" upset, but took me close to where I wanted to go, and refused to take any payment. How come they are so upset about UBER, when they themselves only want to go on  a bargained price?

2 hours ago, lamecn said:

Payment according to the meter reading. If the meter says nothing, the payment should be nothing. Most policemen will agree on this.

Try it, and when you get out of hospital let us know how comfortable your bed there was, and how the police were so helpful in dealing with the issue.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Try it, and when you get out of hospital let us know how comfortable your bed there was, and how the police were so helpful in dealing with the issue.

I did do it, but I did it in a polite manner.

3 hours ago, lamecn said:

I remember one of the first times I ever used a Bangkok taxi on my own, I asked the driver to take me to A, I knew roughly how far away it was from my hotel.

The driver never put on his meter, and I did not ask him too, until we were about halfway to A, then I said "Oh you forget meter" he said "no meter", I said, "right stop", he then put on the meter, I then just paid what was on it.

I would not do that now, in fact I never use taxis at all, because most of them are cheats, and also because of the things I read about the machettes under the seat etc.

5 hours ago, lamecn said:

That's as long as they don't own the Taxi.

Edited by eddysmit
incorrect wording.

20 hours ago, lamecn said:

I did do it, but I did it in a polite manner.

Yeah in Bangkok where most use the meter anyway and there is actually some laws enforced. But why not try your stunt in wild west places like Pattaya, Samui or Phuket? Police ain't gonna help you and even if you do survive your "polite" argument you still gonna have to sit on your hospital bills.

Why take any chances when there is alternatives?

On 7/13/2017 at 7:03 AM, lamecn said:

OP, somehow you have gotten on this posters bad side. Do not follow this advice.