Warning - for those who wear Crocs

carlyai

Crocs Shoes Warning (Not sure where to post this heads-up.)

I just purchased a new pair of Crocs shoes and happened to read one of the card thingies attached to the shoes.

'Warning

To avoid severe personal injuries when riding escalators and moving walkways

. Stand in the middle of the step facing forward

. Do not contact any surface next to the moving tread or step

.Step carefully when getting on or off

.Hold children's hands and supervise children at all times'.

Edit

I only posted this as there may be a problem with Croc shoes being caught in moving steps.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

I only posted this as there may be a problem with Croc shoes being caught in moving steps.

As a general topic l would agree they are all made of grippy soft rubber.  :biggrin: 

Really Disturbing. I decided to Google Crocs and escalators and found this on YouTube. The link is: Testing performance with Crocs on escalators.

I don't know how to link the video, but there are a couple showing the carnage of a kid, escalators and Crocs.

Not sure how, but TV should get this warning out there.

Edit..

The next one in YouTube after that is worse, showing a kid (dummy) and foot getting caught.

4 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

The yellow lines on the escalator are meant to indicate where you should not stand.

Indeed, but how many kids see yellow?

I know I used to kick the sides of the escalator in Lewis's Manchester when being taken for a haircut (sitting on a rocking horse) long, long ago.

EDIT There is a problem in India with saris getting caught, the escalators have brushes down the sides to reduce the possibility. I'm sure I've seen them here on some escalators at least.

[mention=207577]carlyai[/mention] I've taken the liberty of editing the topic title to be more specific.

My grandchildren wear these things.

Mine too, and they tend to be Thai children on escalators.

Yeah was  taught ALL this as  a  kid on escalators 45 years ago  , didnt  apply to any specific  shoe and something I was taught back then now  I see totally lacking especially in Thailand but  not  limited to

they are the best thing for casual wear when you have to continually remove your shoes, they also stop sunburnt toes and allow you to get wet feet and not bugger them up, they are also very comfortable, well at least the goods ones are, not the cheap imitation crap

Do they look worse than the ten cent flip-flops everyone wears?

Yes - because everyone knows you paid good money for them - at least with 'ten cent flip flops' we have the option of thinking 'ugly' or 'frugal'!

This is a bit off topic.

Many people buy knock off crocs with slippery soles or have other shoes with leather soles.

I recently learned a trick to make them safe on wet surfaces and prevent wear!

While holding the shoe pointed end up, apply curved lines across the sole with a hot glue gun, right to left. Start at the top and work down. 

If there is wear on the heal or anywhere, fill it in with hot glue to make the surface flat.

I tried it and it works great.  I did it on all my shoes and it sticks well.  As it wears down, add more.  It actually wears pretty good. 

The grip on wet surfaces is amazing.

Crocs are an endangered species, not to mention holey, and their collusion with escalators ... based on mutual hatred of being continually underfoot ... is just part of the vicious attacks being perpetrated world-wide by the fanatical Crocohadi whose goal is the creation of a Jurassic theocrocacy.

~o:37;

2 hours ago, Kabula said:

This is a bit off topic.

Many people buy knock off crocs with slippery soles or have other shoes with leather soles.

I recently learned a trick to make them safe on wet surfaces and prevent wear!

While holding the shoe pointed end up, apply curved lines across the sole with a hot glue gun, right to left. Start at the top and work down. 

If there is wear on the heal or anywhere, fill it in with hot glue to make the surface flat.

I tried it and it works great.  I did it on all my shoes and it sticks well.  As it wears down, add more.  It actually wears pretty good. 

The grip on wet surfaces is amazing.

This post is amazing

On 7/15/2017 at 11:53 AM, seajae said:

they are the best thing for casual wear when you have to continually remove your shoes, they also stop sunburnt toes and allow you to get wet feet and not bugger them up, they are also very comfortable, well at least the goods ones are, not the cheap imitation crap

It's funny. My wife likes to wear Crocs shoes to work because they're comfortable.

I buy them direct from the Crocs company in the U.S. via their website, because they're often considerably cheaper there (even after including my own shipping) than the same exact models are in the Crocs stores here in Thailand. But in both cases, the labels on the shoes say they're made in Vietnam.

So, I'm living in Thailand and buying shoes in the U.S. that are made in Vietnam because they're cheaper to buy from the U.S. than they are from Thailand.  :blink:

BTW - for those who don't know, Crocs these days makes all kinds of different styles of shoes beyond their original, tradition Crocs sandals with the rubbery material, holes in the front and heel strap. The only common elements between the different styles, which you'd never know just from outward appearance, is the soft, flexible insole inside and the Crocs material outer sole.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

No self respecting person would wear these. They are just pug ugly. I wear their thongs / flip flops and find them very comfortable and would recommend to anyone...... but these????? They must be comfortable otherwise why would you wear them.

22 hours ago, curtklay said:

Do they look worse than the ten cent flip-flops everyone wears?

yes !!

its usually old worn out fat germans i see with these bloody horrible looking things on their feet.  

crocs and oversized  chequered shirt with brown cargo pants trawling the sois of naklua.