Shamed into action by social media - Pattaya authorities and soldiers in hurried beach clean-up operation

rooster59

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

Another poor excuse from our resident apologist. Yesterday was Sunday, when all working middle class Thais have a day off, last time I checked there were 7 days in a week.

Well, DUH-uh. Another ace analysis from one of our ace economists suffering from TVF Mall Bewilderment Syndrome.

The problem seems to be in the reliance solely on the My Eyeballs At Random Intervals measure of mall success, applied during a workday in accordance with the At All Times rule, counting customers lined up at cashiers and of course shopping bags along the route to, ah, the food court. The condo counterpart for our Glutters is the highly reliable lights on at night statistic.

On 1/4/2017 at 3:11 PM, chrisandsu said:

. . . to be honest the only thing I truly believe is my own eyeballs (false accounting won't intice me to buy a business) . . . I just can't figure out for the life of me how they make money . . . .

And so we simply must fall back on the malls are selling free aircon and free advertising. Or if you're truly ace, you perform an in-depth TVF Colorectal Analysis and conclude it's all money laundering. :)

If all you got is Eyeballs and apply the At All Times rule, then, well, that's all you got to bounce around here in the echo chamber. A few of us---just a few :)--add Brain, 'cause we have one I suppose, and figure out that malls do most of their business on weekends, holidays, and evenings. That's the mall business model, always has been in most countries. One might as well claim a restaurant has failed because it has few customers other than at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Take those hours away and--pfft! what do you have? Money laundering. In fact a couple years ago or so member tropo laughed at a member for trying to argue just that. :biggrin: I love this forum!

Hence you may prepare to enjoy Mall Bewilderment Syndrome at Terminal 21 as well and give us your usual ace analysis. :passifier:

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

+1. Out yesterday, traffic bad, lots of people walking around, mall packed. Two lanes opened at Asia Books, had to stand in line. Yeah, what low season? Herein lies the answer to the mystery of why Terminal 21 is being built.

Shock horror, I agree about Terminal 21.

If it's like the Bkk one it'll be brilliant for burd watching. In the right location too.

However Central Beach management must be no doubt sweating ( Central Marina too ).

7 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Well, DUH-uh. Another ace analysis from one of our ace economists suffering from TVF Mall Bewilderment Syndrome.

The problem seems to be in the reliance solely on the My Eyeballs At Random Intervals measure of mall success, applied during a workday in accordance with the At All Times rule, counting customers lined up at cashiers and of course shopping bags along the route to, ah, the food court. The condo counterpart for our Glutters is the highly reliable lights on at night statistic.

And so we simply must fall back on the malls are selling free aircon and free advertising. Or if you're truly ace, you perform an in-depth TVF Colorectal Analysis and conclude it's all money laundering. :)

If all you got is Eyeballs and apply the At All Times rule, then, well, that's all you got to bounce around here in the echo chamber. A few of us---just a few :)--add Brain, 'cause we have one I suppose, and figure out that malls do most of their business on weekends, holidays, and evenings. That's the mall business model, always has been in most countries. One might as well claim a restaurant has failed because it has few customers other than at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Take those hours away and--pfft! what do you have? Money laundering. In fact a couple years ago or so member tropo laughed at a member for trying to argue just that. :biggrin: I love this forum!

Hence you may prepare to enjoy Mall Bewilderment Syndrome at Terminal 21 as well and give us your usual ace analysis. :passifier:

You really are a weird man . My eyeballs confirm

this .

I have an urge to take a sample of the water off Pattaya beach, not quite sure of the best place to do this ( I really don't want to have to hire a Jet Ski to get 100 yards off shore ) but maybe drop a bottle in from the end of one of those Sea food restaurants on Walking Street and a couple of other places.

Next, where to take the samples for analysis ? Somewhere independent and then send the results to the local and national press.

That should stir a few feathers me thinks. 

Sorry for the edit, just had a thought, also send the results to the Sun and The Mirror in the UK, Hornets nest time 555555

Edited by Golden Triangle