Video: Chiang Mai beauty red faced but not shocked after her new car rolls into the moat

rooster59

Video: Chiang Mai beauty red faced but not shocked after her new car rolls into the moat

chiang mai.PNG

Manager reported that a Chiang Mai beauty was embarrassed but not shocked after her brand new car rolled into the moat yesterday.

Thirty eight year old Norarat Uplabat, the owner of Nails and Brows by Ying in the central city, was visiting Computer City on Manee Nopparat Road to take back some faulty equipment.

She left the brake off her Suzuki Swift that she bought three months ago because the car park was full and she had to double park.

But just moments after she carried out her computer someone shouted that her vehicle was moving.

Unable to do anything but watch, the car rolled over the road and into the moat bonnet first with the back wheels getting stuck on the concrete edge.

Fortunately no one was hurt and there was no accident caused.

Norarat said there was nothing to be done but call the insurance company.

She took the incident with good humor and kept a smile on her face telling reporters that she was not shocked but was more than a little embarrassed with all the people watching.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-15

3 hours ago, Dobredin Ghusputin said:

The alternative was to look for a vacant spot somewhere else and walk to Computer City. Imagine that.

Walk:cheesy: impossible, no Thai will walk more than 20 meters.

W

I was on my to Rock Me Burger at 400 PM and the vehicle was still in the Moat.  A tow truck was there.  I was on my way back at 730PM and the vehicle was still in the moat but this time a crane had arrived.  A guy was diving into the brown water and was trying to hook the cable onto the front of the of the car.  I am not expert on vehicle recoveries but would not have been a better idea to pull the vehicle from the back?  But then I realized "TIT" This is Thailand.  

9 hours ago, sanemax said:

The "Thai smile" has become quite an irritant to me

When some people do something wrong and they just smile

Like, ha ha ha , my cars just rolled into the moat

Better to be irritable like you, huh?

9 hours ago, kratiam said:

Smiling because she could imagine what the free publicity for her salon was going to be worth!

Really? How much extra business do you think she actually got from this "free publicity"? 

15 minutes ago, HerbalEd said:

Better to be irritable like you, huh?

I dont think so .

When people do something wrong , IMO , its better that they understand what they did wrong and try not to do it again, rather than just smiling about it and doing exactly the same thing again later

4 hours ago, idman said:

Yes to be sure beauty IS in the eye of beholder but I would have to be blind to think she is a beauty as described. Average looking with that typical gioconda smile that Thais have perfected.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

At thirty eight i thought she responded well to her silly mistake and i thought she looked very nice

9 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I was on my to Rock Me Burger at 400 PM and the vehicle was still in the Moat.  A tow truck was there.  I was on my way back at 730PM and the vehicle was still in the moat but this time a crane had arrived.  A guy was diving into the brown water and was trying to hook the cable onto the front of the of the car.  I am not expert on vehicle recoveries but would not have been a better idea to pull the vehicle from the back?  But then I realized "TIT" This is Thailand.  

Possibly the tow truck guys had only ever seen cars towed from the front - therefore no other way to do it!

5 hours ago, jvs said:

Good going!At least she did not blame it on some one else.

She admitted it was her fault,nothing about losing face here.

We need more of this in Thailand.

But will the insurance company pay for sheer stupidity?

12 hours ago, sanemax said:

When some people do something wrong and they just smile

Like, ha ha ha , my cars just rolled into the moat

What did you want her to do? Break down on the side of the road an pound her fists into the pavement? Ppl deal with problems different ways - big bloody deal.