My visa retirement extension refused yesterday

8 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

the earlier option for the op would be the combination method provided he would be able to present the difference to the 400 k in monthly income amounting to 800 k.

wbr

roobaa01

Yeah, maybe.

But keep in mind some offices (incorrectly based on the national rules) still require the three month seasoning for the bank portion of combination applications. 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, maybe.

But keep in mind some offices (incorrectly based on the national rules) still require the three month seasoning for the bank portion of combination applications. 

The "rules" are silent on the matter and the seasoning associated with the combo method was likely introduced to reduce the incidence of scams like short term account stuffing ! 

2 minutes ago, perthperson said:

The "rules" are silent on the matter and the seasoning associated with the combo method was likely introduced to reduce the incidence of scams like short term account stuffing ! 

I don't agree. The expert interpretation of the rules over the years has been that they indicate no seasoning needed for combo accounts. But it hardly matters if different offices are doing it different ways. 

Just now, Jingthing said:

I don't agree. The expert interpretation of the rules over the years has been that they indicate no seasoning needed for combo accounts. But it hardly matters if different offices are doing it different ways. 

The rule is SILENT on the topic -- You might not agree  in which case I challenge you to prove otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, perthperson said:

The rule is SILENT on the topic -- You might not agree  in which case I challenge you to prove otherwise. 

Not interested in playing this game with you. Perhaps Ubonjoe will comment. Cheers. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, perthperson said:

Not really, as according to the FAQ in the Immigration website it does mention that the documents required to apply for the combination method are the same as for 800k.

Answer : For reasons to stay of Retirement, the alien must be 50 year of age or older and must have been granted a Non-Immigrant visa, firstly. More over, the said alien must have evidences to verify his/her financial status of not less than 65,000 Baht per month or 800,000 Baht per year. Evidences showing financial support are as follows;
       1.  In case of having money in the bank account (Saving/Fix deposit) of any bank located in Thailand.
       -  The updated bank passbook on the date of application submission showing money in the account of not less than 800,000 Baht which has been deposited and consecutively held of such amount for 3 months. ( Except the first application for this reason, that such amount should be deposited and held for 60 days)
     -  Letter from the bank certified the current account in the bank of not less than 800,000 Baht; or
         2.2  In case of having any other income from abroad such as pension, social welfare
     -  Letter from the applicant’s Embassy or consulate in Thailand verifying their pension or other income of the applicant which must not be less than 65,000 Baht per month. Or;
        2.3  In case of a combination of having money in the bank account and income from pension, with total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht per year, the required documents are the same as mentioned in 2.1and 2.2

Practically, it doesn't matter. What matters to applicants that intend to use the combo method is to learn the specific enforcement policy about seasoning for combo applications at their LOCAL office. Reports over the years indicate that the offices that do require combo seasoning don't care if you tell them they're wrong according to the national rules. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Practically, it doesn't matter. What matters to applicants that intend to use the combo method is to learn the specific enforcement policy about seasoning for como applications at their LOCAL office. Reports over the years indicate that the offices that do require combo seasoning don't care if you tell them they're wrong according to the national rules. 

I would say that it is perfectly clear that in the case of using the combination method that the money has to be seasoned, because it does state that the documents required are the same as the ones required for using the 800k method and the 65k per month method.

Just now, Mattd said:

I would say that it is perfectly clear that in the case of using the combination method that the money has to be seasoned, because it does state that the documents required are the same as the ones required for using the 800k method and the 65k per month method.

I don't agree. I invite ubonjoe to comment on this and settle this. 

10 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Not really, as according to the FAQ in the Immigration website it does mention that the documents required to apply for the combination method are the same as for 800k.

Answers in the FAQ are not rules.

This is what clause 2.22 of  police order 327/2557 states.

(5) Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht 800,0000 as of the filing date.

No seasoning is mentioned. The intent of the combination option is for when  somebody comes up short on income to get an extension. The reason for no seasoning is so that if somebody comes up short because of a devaluation of their home country currency.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Answers in the FAQ are not rules.

This is what clause 2.22 of  police order 327/2557 states.

No seasoning is mentioned. The intent of the combination option is for when  somebody comes up short on income to get extension. The reason for no seasoning is so that if somebody comes up short because of a devaluation of their home country currency.

OK, then I will stand corrected, the only caveat is that it is going to depend on the office applied to and how they understand it.

Logic does state that if using the combination method then both sets of rules apply, but then again logic and here sometimes do not go together.

6 minutes ago, perthperson said:

Those FAQs have no status and are merely intended as a guide.

Agreed, except that those that answered the FAQs are also likely the ones that approve the extensions and therefore would apply their understanding of the rules, which by definition from their answer is seasoning is required for them, just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Mattd said:

I know a Swedish guy who has been here for 12 years without even an entry on his passport. Nobody bothers him. He is here for the comfort a warm climate gives his joints. He told me back in Sweden for most of the year he couldn't open his hands. I told him to eat some ginger every evening as last bit of food. This has helped him too.

THE CAR HAS CONTROL YOUR PARTNER HAS CONTROL U LOST CONTROL SO THE ANSWER IS DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND DONT WINGE

THE IMMERGRATION ARE HAVING A HARD TIME AS IT IS WITHOUT MORE  FARANG TIME WAISTERS

UBON JOE  IS REALY HELPFULL TO ALL ASK HIM NEXT TIME FOR ADVISE FOLLOW THE RULES U DONT GET BITTEN

THE CAR HAS CONTROL YOUR PARTNER HAS CONTROL U LOST CONTROL SO THE ANSWER IS DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND DONT WINGE
THE IMMERGRATION ARE HAVING A HARD TIME AS IT IS WITHOUT MORE  FARANG TIME WAISTERS
UBON JOE  IS REALY HELPFULL TO ALL ASK HIM NEXT TIME FOR ADVISE FOLLOW THE RULES U DONT GET BITTEN

ok

On 7/18/2017 at 1:21 PM, Tanoshi said:

I've asked that very same question before and more than once.

Answer........because when married your wife should be taking care of you, so less risk.

Still searching for the logic in their reply!

well, she might be taking care, but more than likely you will still be bankrolling the operation (with exceptions), so yeah the logic is a bit off

On 19/07/2017 at 0:21 AM, Tanoshi said:

I've asked that very same question before and more than once.

Answer........because when married your wife should be taking care of you, so less risk.

Still searching for the logic in their reply!

You have obviously not been here very long or have been isolated. :d

On 7/18/2017 at 11:47 PM, Tanoshi said:

Not sure which Immigration office the OP is using but Amnat Chareon and Roi Et request a medical certificate for extension based on retirement. (Not required for extensions based on marriage).

The medical certificates can be obtained for 30 baht without the need to see a doctor and only confirm you don't have leprosy, elephantiasis or tuberculosis,

this whole medical certificate is so thai; such a farce; i had to get one for driver license and we went to a  clinic and they just signed one; didnt check a  thing

23 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

the earlier option for the op would be the combination method provided he would be able to present the difference to the 400 k in monthly income amounting to 800 k.

wbr

roobaa01

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, maybe.

23 hours ago, perthperson said:

I suspect that, regardless of whether or not his local office will require seasoning, a major practical obstacle to the combo method in the OP's case would be obtaining the necessary income confirmation letter/affidavit from his country's embassy within the next 7 days (bearing in mind that Friday 28th is a public holiday)!

None of that matters in fact that's not even how immigration does business.  All you have to do is go to your embassy and simply get a proof of income affidavit and that's all immigration wants to see as far as the income part of it goes anyway.  Immigration doesn't even ask for bank statements this story doesn't sound true.  I think a lot of people like to spread rumors for some reason.  Getting an extension from my experience has been extremely easy as long as you have all your required paperwork organized and ready for them.  

9 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

None of that matters in fact that's not even how immigration does business.  All you have to do is go to your embassy and simply get a proof of income affidavit and that's all immigration wants to see as far as the income part of it goes anyway.  Immigration doesn't even ask for bank statements this story doesn't sound true.  I think a lot of people like to spread rumors for some reason.  Getting an extension from my experience has been extremely easy as long as you have all your required paperwork organized and ready for them.  

Not sure what your point is but the OP was applying based on the 800K in a Thailand bank account for three months method.

We don't even know if he has any income to justify getting a letter from his embassy. Those are for people using either the income method or the combination method (income plus banked money). 

His application had nothing to do with an income method application. Others are suggesting he solve his problem of seasoning by trying a combination method application which he could try if he:

has the income

can get the letter in time

his office doesn't require seasoning for combo method (if it does, might as well wait till the last day and use the 800K method).

The reasonable assumption is that he doesn't have the income for a pure income based application (as he has been applying based on 800K in the bank).

In the case of people using the 800K bank method or the combo method, ALL offices will be requiring copies of the bank book (going back at least three months, sometimes they require to see longer) and also a very current "immigration letter" from the bank verifying the balance. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Jingthing

None of this matters in fact that's not even how immigration does business.  All you have to do is go to your embassy and simply get a proof of income affidavit and that's all immigration wants to see as far as the income part of it goes anyway.  Immigration doesn't even ask for bank statements this story doesn't sound true.  I think a lot of people like to spread rumors for some reason.  Getting an extension from my experience has been extremely easy as long as you have all your required paperwork organized and ready for them.  

You don't need bank statements immigration doesn't care about them or even wants to see them.  All immigration wants to see for your financial proof is just one simple document, a Proof of Income Affidavit certified by your embassy and it's so simple to get.

And no they don't ask for medical certificates that's not true either.  The OP is just spreading rumors.  

Again, it was a bank account based application and copies of the bank book and a letter from the bank would always be required for that. No rumor there. Fact.

On medical forms. True, most offices don't require those but reports are that some outliers do.

Pure income based applications, as you've been doing are an option but a useless suggestion to those that don't have the income, so rely on a bank based application. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

He can get the income verification only if he qualifies at 65,000 b a month.  He has not talked about that so the assumption is he does not qualify.  With this, one can go in a lie as they do not check.  But, if is a federal crime at the US embassy, not sure about others. 

Also, yes some offices are in deed asking for Med. cert.  That is a fact.

Edited by bkk6060

Yes, lying to your embassy or consulate about your income is not recommended. It's my impression that most nationality embassies require people seeking letters to prove the stated income to some extent anyway. (With some "famous" exceptions.)

Edited by Jingthing