My visa retirement extension refused yesterday

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not sure what your point is but the OP was applying based on the 800K in a Thailand bank account for three months method.

We don't even know if he has any income to justify getting a letter from his embassy. Those are for people using either the income method or the combination method (income plus banked money). 

His application had nothing to do with an income method application. Others are suggesting he solve his problem of seasoning by trying a combination method application which he could try if he:

has the income

can get the letter in time

his office doesn't require seasoning for combo method (if it does, might as well wait till the last day and use the 800K method).

The reasonable assumption is that he doesn't have the income for a pure income based application (as he has been applying based on 800K in the bank).

In the case of people using the 800K bank method or the combo method, ALL offices will be requiring copies of the bank book (going back at least three months, sometimes they require to see longer) and also a very current "immigration letter" from the bank verifying the balance. 

Cheers. 

The Embassy doesn't ask for it you just simply sign a sworn affidavit at the embassy saying that you make at least 40,000 baht a month or have at least 400,000 baht in the bank.  No immigration office cares about bank statements, they don't even want to see them.  All immigration needs or cares about is the Proof of Income Affidavit from your embassy it's as simple as that.  Everyone is reading to much into this and making it sound a lot harder than it really is.  You just simply go to the embassy, get that document, and provide the Proof of Income Affidavit to immigration it's so simple.  Actually I'm not sure why everyone is making it so difficult.  

If the OP doesn't have the funds available than he probably shouldn't be asking to live here for another year.  Most of us long stayers on marriage and retirement visas are pensioners.  They like us because we're just pumping money into their economy.  

I've never heard of immigration asking for copies of bank books nor have I ever been asked to show one.  The only financial proof I've ever been asked to provide by immigration is ONLY the Proof of Income Affidavit from the embassy.  I've never heard of this 800K Bank Method process before that you're referring to, just simplify the problem and get a Proof of Income Affidavit from your embassy.  I don't understand why he's making it so hard on himself.  

19 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

He can get the income verification only if he qualifies at 65,000 b a month.  He has not talked about that so the assumption is he does not qualify.  With this, one can go in a lie as they do not check.  But, if is a federal crime at the US embassy, not sure about others. 

Also, yes some offices are in deed asking for Med. cert.  That is a fact.

Actually the rules are very basic a minimum of 40,000 baht a month income or a minimum of 400,000 baht in the bank for the Proof of Income Affidavit.  I'm not suggesting that he lie but if he doesn't have the money than he probably shouldn't be here.  If he has the funds it's really simple just get the Proof of Income Affidavit from the embassy.  Either he has the funds or not.  

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Again, it was a bank account based application and copies of the bank book and a letter from the bank would always be required for that. No rumor there. Fact.

On medical forms. True, most offices don't require those but reports are that some outliers do.

Pure income based applications, as you've been doing are an option but a useless suggestion to those that don't have the income, so rely on a bank based application. 

I've never heard of a bank account based application I've never had to provide anything other than a Proof of Income Affidavit from the embassy and that hasn't changed.   If he doesn't have income but has the money in the bank he can still get a the Affidavit from the embassy except instead of income it will just be based on the minimum amount of 400,000 baht in the bank.  It's simple it sounds like he's making it harder on himself than necessary and no one is giving him simple common sense advice.  Hopefully he's reading this and problem solved. 

3 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

Actually the rules are very basic a minimum of 40,000 baht a month income or a minimum of 400,000 baht in the bank for the Proof of Income Affidavit.  I'm not suggesting that he lie but if he doesn't have the money than he probably shouldn't be here.  If he has the funds it's really simple just get the Proof of Income Affidavit from the embassy.  Either he has the funds or not.  

Not very good at this are you ?  The thread is about Retirement nothing else ! 

Can we talk about your PR? I already got my Permanent Residency through my visa agency" not  suggesting any lies are involved, 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Yet in another topic you claim to have PR, so why would you be doing an extension??

Your understanding of this topic is way off.

I'm not doing one I was just replying to someone else who was and since I've done it before I was just trying to offer some common sense advice.  I never said that I was.  

Just now, Jim7777 said:

I'm not doing one I was just replying to someone else who was and since I've done it before I was just trying to offer some common sense advice.  I never said that I was.  

"I already got my Permanent Residency through my visa agency" 

Is that "I + my"   not you ? 

You posts are confusing !

Just now, Jim7777 said:

22 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Yet in another topic you claim to have PR, so why would you be doing an extension??

Your understanding of this topic is way off.

And actually everyone else was making a simple problem seem like rocket science.  I understand just fine I've been living here for a very long time now without any problems with immigration.  

Just now, Jim7777 said:

The implication was there in the next words in your reply, though your knowledge of retirement extension requirements is sadly lacking to be honest, you seem to mix retirement and marriage extension requirements and then advise the OP to use an Income Affidavit for money in a Thai bank.

• Like 1

The Embassy doesn't ask for it you just simply sign a sworn affidavit at the embassy saying that you make at least 40,000 baht a month or have at least 400,000 baht in the bank.  No immigration office cares about bank statements, they don't even want to see them.  All immigration needs or cares about is the Proof of Income Affidavit from your embassy it's as simple as that.  Everyone is reading to much into this and making it sound a lot harder than it really is.  You just simply go to the embassy, get that document, and provide the Proof of Income Affidavit to immigration it's so simple.  Actually I'm not sure why everyone is making it so difficult.    

If the OP doesn't have the funds available than he probably shouldn't be asking to live here for another year.  Most of us long stayers on marriage and retirement visas are pensioners.  They like us because we're just pumping money into their economy.  

I've never heard of immigration asking for copies of bank books nor have I ever been asked to show one.  The only financial proof I've ever been asked to provide by immigration is ONLY the Proof of Income Affidavit from the embassy.  I've never heard of this 800K Bank Method process before that you're referring to, just simplify the problem and get a Proof of Income Affidavit from your embassy.  I don't understand why he's making it so hard on himself.  

Some embassies require proof of income for the letter and some do not.

All applications based on bank account qualifications require copies of bank books and a bank letter.

The OP fully qualifies for annual extensions based on 800k in a Thai bank but he experienced a problem with the timing of the seasoning period.

He is as qualified to stay here under the law as much as those using the pure income method as long as he can resolve the seasoning issue which apparently he can by applying on the last day.

Not sure why you continue to post on this as you admit you were not even aware of bank account methods which happens to be what the OP was using.

People seek guidance here from people that know what they're talking about.

Cheers.

16 minutes ago, perthperson said:

Not very good at this are you ?  The thread is about Retirement nothing else ! 

Can we talk about your PR? I already got my Permanent Residency through my visa agency" not  suggesting any lies are involved, 

Uh yeah I read the thread and I was explaining how to get a Proof of Income Affidavit.  Obviously I'm very good at this I've been living here for years and I have never had any of the problems with immigration that I see everyone else on here whining about all the time.  In fact I've never had any problems with immigration before all my stuff went very smoothly and a lot better than I ever expected.  It's all about learning the system and staying organized.  

11 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

I understand just fine I've been living here for a very long time now

"I already got my Permanent Residency through my visa agency and I've been living here for less than 3 years" 

Always best to stick to the same  lie   Story 

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Some embassies require proof of income for the letter and some do not.

All applications based on bank account qualifications require copies of bank books and a bank letter.

The OP fully qualifies for annual extensions based on 800k in a Thai bank but he experienced a problem with the timing of the seasoning period.

He is as qualified to stay here under the law as much as those using the pure income method as long as he can resolve the seasoning issue which apparently he can by applying on the last day.

Not sure why you continue to post on this as you admit you were not even aware of bank account methods which happens to be what the OP was using.

People seek guidance here from people that know what they're talking about.

Cheers.

Well I've been living here for years and have never had a single problem with immigration before that everyone else seems to be complaining about all the time so I must be doing something right obviously.  I never had any problems with immigration in all the years I've been living here but apparently "I don't know what I'm talking about" LMAO.  ???

Well I've been living here for years and have never had a single problem with immigration before that everyone else seems to be complaining about all the time so I must be doing something right obviously.  I never had any problems with immigration in all the years I've been living here but apparently "I don't know what I'm talking about" LMAO.  [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You know your personal experience. Congratulations. But it's quite clear that you lack the knowledge base to provide valuable advice on retirement extensions in general. The fact that you just learned that bank account methods exist is proof of that. Such knowledge is basic.

Cheers.

13 minutes ago, partington said:

As pointed out everyone needs to disregard this poster's contributions as he has no idea what he is talking about.

He is confusing extensions on the basis of marriage which need 400,000B in the bank with extensions on the ground of retirement which need 800,000B in the bank or 65,000B monthly income or a combination of the two.

Moreover he is claiming not to have heard of the 800,000B in the bank method which means he knows nothing about the retirement extension topic (I have done five of the 800,000B in the bank retirement extensions previously).

IN addition he assumes all embassies have the same requirements for writing a letter validating annual income, which is itself untrue (US Embassy requires no proof just an oath, UK Embassy requires written proof in the form of income statements to issue the letter).

Please ignore.

Oh of course not I don't know anything.  I've only been living here for years and I've never had a single problem with immigration.  Yet I see all of you in here all the time whining about immigration problems.  I've never had so much as a delay with immigration in all these years living here.  LMAO ???

6 minutes ago, perthperson said:

You said  on a different thread ---------------- "and I've been living here for less than 3 years"  ?  

3 years as of next month and I already have PR so obviously I'm doing something right.  

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You know your personal experience. Congratulations. But it's quite clear that you lack the knowledge base to provide valuable advice on retirement extensions in general. The fact that you just learned that bank account methods exist is proof of that. Such knowledge is basic.

Cheers.

Just get a proof of income affidavit it's common sense.  

34 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

Just get a proof of income affidavit it's common sense.  

Jim, firstly the thread is purely about an extension of stay based on retirement.

The financial requirements are;

1. 800,000 baht held in a Thai bank account for 3 months prior to the date of application.

2. A proof of income letter from your Embassy confirming a monthly income of 65, 000 baht.

3. A combination of the two amounting to 800,000 baht per annum.

If using the 800,000 baht in the bank method, Immigration require your bank book and a letter from the bank confirming the length and amount held. Both the figures in the letter and the bank book must match.

Some offices insist the letter and bank book are dated the same day as the application.

If using the income method, (65,000 baht per month) then Immigration require a proof of income letter from your Embassy.

Unfortunately, not all Embassies of nationalities supply a proof of income letter based on an affidavit.

An affidavit is a written statement confirmed by oath or affirmation without proof of facts.

If you lie under oath you are committing perjury.

USA, Australia and Canadian Embassies use this method (maybe more).

The British Embassy for one, do not take sworn statement with regards to proof of income.

They will issue the letter to Immigration based on the financial proof you supply them.

In other words we cannot lie, but then again we can't be accused of perjury either.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 2

Jim, firstly the thread is purely about an extension of stay based on retirement.
1. 800,000 baht held in a Thai bank account for 3 months prior to the date of application.
2. A proof of income letter from your Embassy confirming a monthly income of 65, 000 baht.

If using the 800,000 baht in the bank method, Immigration require your bank book and a letter from the bank confirming the length and amount held. Both the figures in the letter and the bank book must match.
Some offices insist the letter and bank book are dated the same day as the application.

If using the income method, (65,000 baht per month) then Immigration require a proof of income letter from your Embassy.
Unfortunately, not all Embassies of nationalities supply a proof of income letter based on an affidavit.
An affidavit is a written statement confirmed by oath or affirmation without proof of facts.

The British Embassy for one, do not take sworn statement with regards to proof of income.
They will issue the letter to Immigration based on the financial proof you supply them.
In other words we cannot lie, but then again we can't be accused of perjury either.

Some good clarity there. Thanks for the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

@Jim7777

2.22 In the case of retirement:
Each permission shall be granted for no more
than one year.

The alien:
(1) Must have been granted a non ­immigrant visa (NON­IM).
(2) Must be 50 years of age or over.
(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month: or
(4) On the filing date, the applicant must have funds deposited in a bank in Thailand of no less than Baht 800,000 for the past three months. 

(5) Must have an annual earning and fluids deposited with a bank totalling no less than Baht 800,0000 as of the filing date.

Immigration Bureau order 327-2557 (2014) - extension criteria & conditions en.pdf

Form for obtaining a Proof of Income letter from the British Embassy;

Note, we do it by mail, not in person.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/573863/Pension_7_12_16.pdf

Edited by Tanoshi

17 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

So I have a question about this.  I do not have to supply proof, but can no problem.

What is the income proof for you?  How much history before you go there do you have to prove the income?  Could one, if they had some savings, place the required amount into the account for several months, then walk into your embassy and say:   Look, I have this so and so job, and I make this much so I qualify? 

I have lived in retirement in Thailand for nearly 11 years and in that time I have been assigned to four different Immigration Offices all in the same region. This is due to expansion and re-organisation of the service. In this region as well as the aforementioned financial requirements they reqire a financial transaction to be carried out the day of the application, the figure is then recorded in the bank book, to prove that the money is in there for the full 90 days.

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

So I have a question about this.  I do not have to supply proof, but can no problem.

What is the income proof for you?  How much history before you go there do you have to prove the income?  Could one, if they had some savings, place the required amount into the account for several months, then walk into your embassy and say:   Look, I have this so and so job, and I make this much so I qualify? 

I can only reply in relation to the British Embassy where proof of income must be shown to obtain the letter for Immigration.

If over 65 and receiving a state pension, a letter from the DWP (Department of work and pensions) would detail your 4 weekly payments over the next year.

If under 65 and receiving a private/company pension, again a letter from your pension providers would detail your monthly payments over the next year.

If your income was from investments, rental properties etc, then bank statements detailing these payments may be required for the previous 12 month period.

The proof of income letter issued by Embassies for Immigration purposes are valid for 6 months from the date of issue.

• Like 1