My visa retirement extension refused yesterday

My new one year retirement visa extension finishing July 31 was refused yesterday, every documents where correct and accepted…but "supposedly"not the money in bank for 3 months

In fact I transferred 40.000€ in March (a little more 1.500.000฿) but then I found a bargain to buy an almost new car in April, so only round 400.000฿ where left, I transferred again 20.000€, it means 1.200.000฿ were on my account on April 28 but still in time 3 full months before July 31.

My appointment for this one year extension being for July 17, Yesterday I was convinced to come home with it.

But a young lady at the desk said the third month for the 800.000฿ will only be on July 28 so today I cannot do it ! 

You  can only come back the 31th (very last day, help) because  we will be closed  28 29 and 30.  Of course you will have to ask a new letter from the bank and go again for the medical certificate since both cannot be older than one week.

Was she right or not?

For had she given my extension yesterday it would only have started on August1,  OK then for the money in the bank for 3 months!

15 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

That must be one heck of an "almost new" car for 1.1 million.

It sounds like you simply did not meet the requirements of the 3 months, so July 31 it is.

The money was on my account April 28 for my extension starting August1.

As far as the car is concerned your comment is totally off topic, and certainly scornful  (yes sir)  and yes the car was still far for one year old, being sold new 1m and a half.

1 hour ago, CRUNCHER said:

What is this about a medical certificate? I have never needed one at Jomtien. Is this a new requirement?

Not sure which Immigration office the OP is using but Amnat Chareon and Roi Et request a medical certificate for extension based on retirement. (Not required for extensions based on marriage).

The medical certificates can be obtained for 30 baht without the need to see a doctor and only confirm you don't have leprosy, elephantiasis or tuberculosis,

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I've asked that very same question before and more than once.

Answer........because when married your wife should be taking care of you, so less risk.

Still searching for the logic in their reply!

LOL !    Must tell my wife to take better care of me 'cos I really don't want to catch  the Dreaded Lergy ! 

Edit  -- Just in case you don't know the DL was a fictitious disease invented by Spike Milligan for the Goon Show ! And no I am not that old ! 

Edited by perthperson
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

Let's get this right, your extension was not refused, you simply failed the required criteria to make an application....give immigration a break for once. 

To be more exact, he was denied on the day, but has one last shot on Monday 31st July.

45 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

Let's get this right, your extension was not refused, you simply failed the required criteria to make an application....give immigration a break for once. 

No offence but I said my extension was refused "yesterday"  nowhere said I refused definitely since I add they asked me to come back the 31.

I was wrongly convinced the 3 months were related to the expiry date.

In OP I asked was she right or not? Nothing more. :wai: 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

To be more exact, he was denied on the day, but has one last shot on Monday 31st July.

Of course the young lady told me from the 28 I can give it to you but this year we will be closed, King anniversary, so if you come the 31

no problem, but true it is a narrow shave .

This OP, sorry to repeat myself, because I was convinced, certain, sure , confident, persuaded :smile: 

but WRONGLY:saai: it was the expiry date not the application date. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

My new one year retirement visa extension finishing July 31 was refused yesterday, every documents where correct and accepted…but "supposedly"not the money in bank for 3 months

I accept you  are now apologising but you should have thought more before  lighting up on Immigration who were absolutely correct in their decision to "refuse" your application.

OP you made a silly mistake, you have to have the money in for a clear 3 months.

So you stupidly took money out, then back without doing your calculations.

For the future put the money in leave it in, immigration were correct in what they did, you created inconvenience for yourself because you didnt check things out correctly, next time you will know that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, perthperson said:

LOL !    Must tell my wife to take better care of me 'cos I really don't want to catch  the Dreaded Lergy ! 

Edit  -- Just in case you don't know the DL was a fictitious disease invented by Spike Milligan for the Goon Show ! And no I am not that old ! 

I always thought that the dreaded lurgy came with pink toenails and spots before the ankles.  

Owww.  He's fallen in the water!!!

Nothing like a bit of Goonery, and yes, I am that old!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

The money was on my account April 28 for my extension starting August1.

As far as the car is concerned your comment is totally off topic, and certainly scornful  (yes sir)  and yes the car was still far for one year old, being sold new 1m and a half.

Sorry, the car isn't off topic since you brought it into the conversation which opened a can of worms for yourself.  Overruled! 

The price of a new car now requires you to go back 31st, and get a new letter.:sorry:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Immigration Bureau order 327-2557 (2014) - extension criteria & conditions en.pdf

2.22 In the case of retirement:
On the filing date, the applicant must have funds deposited in a bank in Thailand of no
less than Baht 800,000 for the past three months.

The Immigration officer was totally correct.

Your required 800,000 baht hadn't been in your Thai bank account for 3 months on the date you filed your application.

A friend of mine had the 800,000 in the bank no problem. Unfortunately, the bank took a 250 baht card charge out which he was not notified of. He was refused his extension!!! 

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Why would anybody only have exactly 800k baht in the bank.

peculiar to be sure; i and others keep more than 1M, for when they increase the threshold and do not tell us; just a guess at the amount

Regarding medical letter: OP said "new extension of visa etc etc". So was this a first time shot at retirement visa, or a renewal? First timers are subject to the medical bit, but not renewers, in my experience. If only hassle was over ripening of funds, I'd count myself lucky.... of course more surprises may await you when you show up with bank letter, etc....