Prayut lays to rest speculation about imminent Cabinet reshuffle

webfact

Prayut lays to rest speculation about imminent Cabinet reshuffle

By The Nation

c366c5c1ed5f17c094afe9f9542a50f1.jpeg

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday denied speculation that his Cabinet will go through the fifth reshuffle since the junta government took power in 2014.

Prayut spoke after rumours that he might swap the posts of his deputy and Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan and Interior Minister General Anupong Paochinda.

Such a move might allow Prawit, in his capacity as head of Interior, to oversee the general election expected to be held next year.

Prayut said the speculation was “senseless” as there are already mechanisms overseeing election affairs, such as the Election Commission and related agencies.

Prawit said the idea is “purely imaginary” and said Prayut had never raised the possibility even once.

The deputy prime minister on Monday said he wanted to stay in his present role.

He denied knowing about a Cabinet reshuffle. “It depends on the prime minister. But personally, I would like to work as defence minister because I’m more familiar with it,” Prawit said. The defence minister added that he had not discussed the matter with the premier but he thought a reshuffle should occur following significant royal ceremonies.

The last Cabinet reshuffle under the Prayut administration took place in December, with 12 changes made.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30321126

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-19

Maybe someone stumbled upon someone elses brown paper bag and arn't to happy with their income I mean all being Generals and Politicians no doubt their pay would be rather lucrative so it can only be the extras that make any differance !