France's economy minister tells Britain - 'We want our money back'

webfact

3 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

That graph does not take into account the UK's rebate. And once again, it has nothing to do with per capita contributions.

I'm sure the fact that a handful of small countries pay more per capita than the UK will be a huge help to the EU in balancing it's books post-brexit :coffee1:. Which is what the OP is really about.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, nauseus said:

From the EU's own site: http://ec.europa.eu/budget/figures/interactive/index_en.cfm

Germany is the largest net donor and not far behind is the UK.

EU NET.PNG

It is obviously what many of the OLD did not expect.

Interesting is the fact that "Great Britain" sneaked back all time in history when it comes to pay money. So they left China, India and Kenya when it was evident that they could not have any benefit at all. (Or they were thrown out) And so it happened that they went into EU and now they can't see their fortune.....so they leave. It's a "CHERRY PICKING COUNTRY". Now Britain will become a unimportant little country which has still follow the EU rules (free trade) but without power and influence.

6 hours ago, Dave67 said:

How about we take out the cost of liberating your country from the Nazis

It was TWICE!! So our share would be about €150Billion with interest of course.

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

Did you actually read the Express article ?

11 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Interesting is the fact that "Great Britain" sneaked back all time in history when it comes to pay money. So they left China, India and Kenya when it was evident that they could not have any benefit at all. (Or they were thrown out) And so it happened that they went into EU and now they can't see their fortune.....so they leave. It's a "CHERRY PICKING COUNTRY". Now Britain will become a unimportant little country which has still follow the EU rules (free trade) but without power and influence.

You come across as very bitter , why is that , is your country going to lose out somehow ?

13 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

In your dreams.

14 minutes ago, DLang said:
5 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

A deal is a deal.  If UK went in on an agreement, then it should honor that agreement.  

Absolutely. 

You just can't trust the British. :sad:

We will be paying  members until 2019, and the 'deals' we signed up for will expire in 2020. That's a bill of less than 10bn by any logic.

Edited by Khun Han

41 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

In your dreams.

Britain will pay a high price for the stupid ideas of some outdated elderly, who lost their way to the nursing home. The young unfortunately will pay because the elderly and old won't be alive.

49 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

You come across as very bitter , why is that , is your country going to lose out somehow ?

No, not at all. The continental EU countries will stay close together and will push EU forward, but Britain has to enjoy your new best friend Donald. I would rather stay in EU instead to have that friend.

1 minute ago, sawadee1947 said:

No, not at all. The continental EU countries will stay close together and will push EU forward, but Britain has to enjoy your new best friend Donald. I would rather stay in EU instead to have that friend.

Maybe your country will not give you a choice whether to stay or remain within the EU. The British Goverment gave the electorate of the UK that choice and they chose to leave, you will get over it I'm sure.

8 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Britain will pay a high price for the stupid ideas of some outdated elderly, who lost their way to the nursing home. The young unfortunately will pay because the elderly and old won't be alive.

Why should you care. you live in Chiang Mai.

And for the record, it is the elderly that have paid all of the money into the British economy while the young have contributed ZERO.. All they want is the free life that Jeremy Corbyn has promised but now reneged on.

I am perfectly happy to let the young have their way as they have to pay for it in the long run just as we are reaping the benefits of our "outdated and stupid ideas".

Now who is outdated and stupid? Certainly not the pensioners who realised that frugality and planning is better than borrowing and spending and are now enjoying a good life.

8 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Because that was done purely for the benefit of France and not the least bit out of self-interest.

No, but it was done twice.

And you lovely Americans made a nice big profit on two occasions, out of both.

21 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Yes, they might. And become much closer regardless of what the EU electorate may or may not want. But that EU electorate will never be given the chance to express its desires. The politicians and bureaucrats will decide for them.

All will be good while there's plenty of jam to go round. Wait and see what happens when the squabbling starts, when Merkel's some countries are more equal kicks in and when France and Germany inevitably fall out over whose top dog.

20 minutes ago, Flustered said:

Why should you care. you live in Chiang Mai.

And for the record, it is the elderly that have paid all of the money into the British economy while the young have contributed ZERO.. All they want is the free life that Jeremy Corbyn has promised but now reneged on.

I am perfectly happy to let the young have their way as they have to pay for it in the long run just as we are reaping the benefits of our "outdated and stupid ideas".

Now who is outdated and stupid? Certainly not the pensioners who realised that frugality and planning is better than borrowing and spending and are now enjoying a good life.

wow, sounds very selfish unfortunately. And for the records.......it is the young generation who will pay for your pension. Not the other way round.

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

No, but it was done twice.

And you lovely Americans made a nice big profit on two occasions, out of both.

And arrived late at each party after the  dirty work was done.

Just now, sawadee1947 said:

wow, sounds very selfish unfortunately. And for the records.......it is the young generation who will pay for your pension. Not the other way round.

Wrong yet again.

Every tax payer is paying for my State pension, old, middle aged and young. As there are more old and middle aged people. the young are in the minority.

I paid for my private pensions.

At least get your facts right.

5 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yes, they might. And become much closer regardless of what the EU electorate may or may not want. But that EU electorate will never be given the chance to express its desires. The politicians and bureaucrats will decide for them.

All will be good while there's plenty of jam to go round. Wait and see what happens when the squabbling starts, when Merkel's some countries are more equal kicks in and when France and Germany inevitably fall out over whose top dog.

The good thing is> Donald and Teresa will be blown off by the wind of change But Merkel will stay probably another 1 or 2 terms as a freedom fighter and builder of a stronger EU :smile:

2 minutes ago, Flustered said:

Wrong yet again.

Every tax payer is paying for my State pension, old, middle aged and young. As there are more old and middle aged people. the young are in the minority.

It took the wrong exit in your brain. The young are paying for the elderly. Only this way. If the young would not pay you would not get anything.

4 minutes ago, Flustered said:

Wrong yet again.

the pension scheme is a generation contract

5 minutes ago, Flustered said:

Wrong yet again.

and we are talking about STATE PENSION. What you are doing with your money I did not ask nor want to know.

1 minute ago, sawadee1947 said:

and we are talking about STATE PENSION. What you are doing with your money I did not ask nor want to know.

Yet again wrong, don't you get fed up with being wrong all of the time.

We are talking about...."France's economy minister tells Britain - 'We want our money back'"