30 day extensions

First of all...I know about METV and such.  So please keep the comments to a minimum. 

I normally get a duel entry 60 day visa...then they changed to the METV @$200.00.  This trip, i will not be able to stay the normal 4 months...but will only have barely 2 months to stay. I know I can get my initial 30 day visa at entry in airport, my question is has anyone gone to the jom Tien Immigration and asked for a 30 day extension and got it?  I have gone before and requested a 10 day extension and was given a 30 day...is a 30 day extension the norm? I just dont want to go on a visa run with the idiot drivers and flying out would be my 2nd option, but it will take a couple days from my vacation. I copied this from immigration...just wondering if anyone has done this and received a full 30 day at immigration.

Thai immigration officials will place an immigration stamp in the passport permitting a 30-day stay in Thailand if arriving by air or land. This time limit may subsequently be extended for an additional 30 days by paying a 1,900 baht fee to the Thai Immigration Bureau office.  The headquarters of the Thai Immigration Bureau is located at Government Center Chaengwattana Building B, No. 120, Moo 3, Chaengwattana Road, Tungsonghong Sub-District, Laksi District, Bangkok 10210, 66-2-287-3101 through 66-2-287-3110.

You can apply for a 30 day extension of the 30 day visa exempt entry at immigration for a fee of 1900 baht. It can be done at any immigration office if you have a local address to put on the application form

I'm an American currently in country on a 30-day exempt stay that expires in 10 days or so.  I would like to get an extension for another 30 days but want to make sure that I go to the immigration office with all of the necessary documents to make sure that I don't screw up the process.  I am just staying in hotels at the moment.

Which application form is used?  Can I download or somehow fill one out in advance?

I need passport photos, right?  Just one or two?

What form does the proof of address take?  If I have a hotel reservation for just the beginning part of my expected extended stay, is that good enough?  Do I need official hardcopy of a reservation?

Will I need to show proof of onward travel?

Might I have to show that I have 20,000 Baht?

etc.

Thanks very much.

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

I'm an American currently in country on a 30-day exempt stay that expires in 10 days or so.  I would like to get an extension for another 30 days but want to make sure that I go to the immigration office with all of the necessary documents to make sure that I don't screw up the process.  I am just staying in hotels at the moment.

Which application form is used?  Can I download or somehow fill one out in advance?

I need passport photos, right?  Just one or two?

What form does the proof of address take?  If I have a hotel reservation for just the beginning part of my expected extended stay, is that good enough?  Do I need official hardcopy of a reservation?

Will I need to show proof of onward travel?

Might I have to show that I have 20,000 Baht?

etc.

Thanks very much.

Download, complete and print two sided this Fillable TM7 form.pdf . Then a attach one 4 X 6 cm photo to it.

You will need copies of your passport photo page, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

If you are staying in a hotel they should of already reported presence.

No need show a ticket or 20k baht.

I filled out the TM 7 form on my computer and took the PDF file to an internet cafe for 2-sided printout on one sheet of paper.  I also made the copies of my passport in advance.  The ladies that check paperwork at the immigration office said that I needed hotel documentation that I neglected to bring, so I had to return later in the day.  I got a printout of my current hotel stay reservation and receipt from the hotel's front desk and that was good enough.

At the immigration office I was given the form: "Notification Form For House-Master, Owner or the Possessor of the Residence Where Alien Has Stayed" and told to fill it out with my hotel information.  I asked if it was really necessary because my hotel is already reporting me, but I got the impression that they just use this form to get hotel details.  It was good that they didn't make me take it back to be completed by hotel staff.

I wasn't asked about onward travel or having cash.  I just paid 1900 Baht and got my stamp pretty quickly.