Illegal entrant claims dual citizenship at border

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, Dipterocarp said:

Wonder what his plan was. How is he supposed to get of Thailand with no entrance stamp?

20-year-olds don't worry about stuff like that. He probably thought he would 'lose' his passport or just stroll up at Suvannaphum. Neither would work of course.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MarkusAUST said:

As he had a valid entry stamp to Cambodia in his Canadian passport any talk of a US one being confiscated is probably bullshit, but irrelevant anyway. He could leave on the Canadian one. I suspect he is in a whole heap of doodoo in Cambodia and thought he would be arrested if he tries the normal borders.

Maybe he should have tried telling them he thought he was a rabbit, who just liked burrowing. He looks like he has been sleeping in a hole for a while, given the state of him.

Yup! Why did he not just stamp out of Cambodia? He's a Wanted Man?  He looks the part!

1 hour ago, Dipterocarp said:

Wonder what his plan was. How is he supposed to get of Thailand with no entrance stamp?

Not exactly difficult to walk to and from Thailand/Malaysia at Pedang Bessar border or the road one at Hat Yai. Seriously Lax! Been done many time both intentionally and unintentionally! by many! (without lubricating hands with 25,000 bhats like the Indra Shrine Bomber a couple of years back!)

4 hours ago, Denim said:

Hamish Frazee Mikhail  ...............presumably of mixed Scottish and Russian parentage ?

And a  bit of Irish in between, which might explain the rather irrational behaviour......to be sure............:tongue:

.........Just taking the Mik...............:sorry:

3 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Humans hurt the world (not names or nationality).  Humans are for the most part a large virus living on the earth causing no end of damage to the host....  

....But the host will still revolve long after it has disposed of us....the virus causing all of its problems.

5 hours ago, scotchonrocks said:

I fail to see what dual citizenship does in support of his brazen escapade. I guess it depends which embassy comes to his "aid". God knows why his US pp was confiscated. Seems like the type of bloke that likes to live on the edge. 6month in Khlom Prem will show him the other side of life!

Remember, he only said his US passport was confiscated in Cambodia.  We only have his word for it I guess.

5 hours ago, jabsjabs said:

Has dual Canadian and American citizenship?

Ya right!

Its not the easiest thing to do

What is not easy about it?  I have both as do my 4 children.  Americans have been known to marry Canadians.  Lots of Canadians working in the US convert their green cards to citizenship (also he reverse),

12 hours ago, jabsjabs said:

Has dual Canadian and American citizenship?

Ya right!

Its not the easiest thing to do

Easy, American mother, born in America with a Canadian Father, or vice versa. Dual Citizenship.. 

It doesn't take a rocket Scientist to work that out.

Well it's very easily checked. If he entered Thailand and Laos on his Canadian passport, then he is probably lying about holding dual citizenship especially when he obtained legal entry into Cambodia through Vietnam on his Canadian passport. You don't just suddenly start juggling entry and exit stamps in SE Asia and switching passports for no reason.

A couple of options here to hazard a guess, but it is quite a popular scam in Cambodia in places like Phnom Penn, Siem Reap and especially Sihanoukville.You only have to read the newsgroups. I am regularly down there and again this Saturday and see this type of behavior regularly. A lot of backpackers, arty-arty tree huggers, scam artists, students and those simply that are feckless.

1. If he had a US passport he has probably used it to guarantee a hotel/motorbike/guesthouse bill and sneaked off without paying with the intention of reporting it lost or stolen when he arrived in Thailand. The fact that he won't have had a Thai entry stamp in his Canadian passport, he thinks he can find a believable excuse to worm out of it.

2. It's a pack of lies and the Cambodians are chasing him for unpaid bills and services and he was frightened of being captured at the border if the hotel had a copy of his passport and thought he could just sneak in and blag his way out later.,

Stupid is what stupid does. He doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the box from the photo, and ' chancers ' like him seldom look a little bit farther in the future or for the implications  than the end of their nose

13 hours ago, MarkusAUST said:

I suspect he is in a whole heap of doodoo in Cambodia and thought he would be arrested if he tries the normal borders.

He looks like he has been sleeping in a hole for a while, given the state of him.

Ya. He really just looks like the typical Cambodian expat

Edited by jabsjabs

16 minutes ago, Cheops said:

The last couple of months, all the 'breaking' news is not breaking. 

I think you don't understand what breaking means.  If news is just released it is breaking.  It doesn't matter if the news is boring or not, it's still breaking.

32 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

I think you don't understand what breaking means.  If news is just released it is breaking.  It doesn't matter if the news is boring or not, it's still breaking.

Your comment doesn't make sense, since if it's true what you say, every news should be breaking. In general the term breaking news refers to news which is important enough to interrupt other news. Well, can't say that that's the case here.

For TV  'breaking' news means clickbait! 

On 7/26/2017 at 7:16 PM, bkkcanuck8 said:

Depends on where he was born and what is skills are.  Canadian citizenship was not difficult if you qualified on points - it use to take 3 years of residency and was fairly quick (I think it is 4 of 5 years now).  The US one would be more difficult and longer (partially because the immigration system is such a mess).  If he got or had the US one, then got the Canadian one (or had parents born of both countries).  So it depends on circumstance. Not a very smart lie if it is not true - it takes a matter of days at most to confirm.

So it is just a question of where to deport him to and how long he will remain in limbo in detention.

The immigration mess as you called it as nothing to do with the length of time it takes to become a US citizen. There are certain hoops you need to jump thru and each one is 2 or 3 years making it around 7 years to become a citizen