Trump - no transgender people will serve in U.S. military: Twitter

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Thakkar said:

I know a trans person living Stateside who supported Trump—until this latest twitter announcement. She was ok with him sh!tting on Muslims and Mexicans, journalists and women who aren't at least a '6'. But now she hates him. I also know Muslims who were ok with his Mexicans comment till he started talking about a Muslim ban—something that would affect their families visiting them in the US.

What this shows is that Trump supporters will continue to support him, until the day he comes after them (or people very like them) personally.

It seems a lot of his supporters are just like him—selfish to a fault.

T

*I realize that the above is a generalization based on a few anecdotes. In my defense, all I can say is that I've been watching too much Fox News and reading too much Breitbart.

isnt t hat how many people vote  though? id say many people are selfish

Edited by kannot

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

Transgender Navy SEAL Hero Issues A Challenge To Donald Trump 

Retired Navy SEAL veteran Kristin Beck responded to Donald Trump’s tweets about transgender individuals serving in the United States military.

http://samuel-warde.com/2017/07/transgender-navy-seal-hero-issues-a-challenge-to-donald-trump/?utm_content=buffer198c9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

No heel spur here!

Irrelevant misdirection.... when serving, she/he was a man... as a man, he served, and was decorated etc etc, 

personally, I don't really care about the sexual orientation or tackle type of others, providing this does not effect my choices, but I do often wonder at the mindset and mental health of a man who has his whatzit removed.

these mentally confused and tortured people, trapped in the wrong form of body, may not nessesarily be the best examples to put forward as stable military leaders, and I'm sure phyc evaluations can't show them in the best of light.

my critism in this, is that trump is reversing his campaigns policy comments / pledges... liar liar pants on fire

oh... and balance... someone posted trump as a draft dodger (is this correct?), and another posted no trump family member in US military history..... isn't trump now the commander in chief of the armed forces.... the highest position in the military?.

37 minutes ago, kannot said:

But he WAS voted in legally or am I missing something? If he is so "disgusting" why did they vote him in ?and whilst you can protest you can only change that next time..........just  so you know I have no opinion on this  but find  it  odd that he was voted in and  the "popular vote" seems  meaningless, not sure when u say "you dont get to dictate" if thats aimed at "me" or at protesting about it. You can protest all you like as  far as im concerned.

Yes, he was voted in, but on lies and hate. To many people love to blaim other groups for the mistakes they make in their lives. And the way Trump is going, you better not be in a other group that he shows his hatred on. That will be a lousy waking up moment by twitter.

But, than he was voted in legally, so now it's time to get him the <deleted> out, legally.

The only problem is that Trump doesn't understand the word legally, maby you can tweet him and explain it to him.

Inflammatory remarks removed.

Keep it civil please.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

2 minutes ago, UncleFester said:

Are you trying to claim that not one Mexican was ever a rapist? Point me to that speech and provide a transcript.

His entire campaign was about constant dog whistles to bigots / white supremacists of all kinds.

I can't help it if you weren't paying attention. The internet is there for you. 

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

His entire campaign was about constant dog whistles to bigots / white supremacists of all kinds.

I can't help it if you weren't paying attention. The internet is there for you. 

Nothing of your answer is responsive to my question or your original assertion.

Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/06/16/full-text-donald-trump-announces-a-presidential-bid/?utm_term=.936ccb258af7

I don't have a problem with that statement.  

A very small percentage of LGBTQ Americans and a much large percentage of other Americans that are pro LGBTQ civil rights were FOOLED that trump might not be an anti LGBTQ civil rights president. It was obvious to anyone paying attention that he would. Picking Pence as VP was evidence enough of that! Now it's getting REAL.

"

LGBTs to America: 'We Told You So'

It didn’t even take long. Donald Trump’s been in office barely six months. Already LGBT people get to tell America: "We told you so."

Maybe listen to us the next time a minority group says someone in power is trying to abuse us, trying to walk back our civil rights, or seems to be hiding their bigotry. We told you so."

https://www.advocate.com/commentary/2017/7/26/lgbts-america-we-told-you-so

Edited by Jingthing

31 minutes ago, kannot said:

isnt t hat how many people vote  though? id say many people are selfish

It's tricky to generalize. 

Some are single issue voters, like many evangelical women who are strongly anti abortion who held their noses and voted for Trump for the single reason that we would appoint a Supreme Court justice who could potentially overturn Row Vs. Wade.

others have complex other reasons.

but the vast majority, especially Republican vote along party lines. That's why a small slither of independents (and the many Dems who choose not to vote) decide many elections.

Some selfishness may be involved in many instances, but also altruism.

T

40 minutes ago, farcanell said:

someone posted trump as a draft dodger (is this correct?)

isn't trump now the commander in chief of the armed forces.... the highest position in the military?.

#1 Yes.

As was his father who bailed to America when called to serve.

Later, when he tried to go back to Germany, they wouldn't let him in.

So, he returned to the American northwest and set up whorehouses.

#2 No.

"U.S. ranks have their roots in British military traditions, with the President possessing ultimate authority,

but no rank, maintaining a civilian status."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander-in-chief

Edited by iReason

2 minutes ago, iReason said:

#1 Yes.

As was his father who bailed to America when called to serve.

Later, when he tried to go back to Germany, they wouldn't let him in.

So, he returned to the American northwest and set up whorehouses.

#2 No.

"U.S. rankshave their roots in British military traditions, with the President possessing ultimate authority,

but no rank, maintaining a civilian status."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander-in-chief

Interesting... I would have though these things should have disqualified him from candidacy for president (#1)

obviously I would have thought wrong

(#2) cheers... I was being lazy and not following my own mantra about google being your friend... thanks (lol... for not calling me on that)

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

It is a punishable crime in the military to go to the beach and get a bad sunburn, but now its ok to hack your body apart and change sex, no I don't think so. I don't care what you do to yourself but don't put the after effects on me.

No, getting a sunburn is not a punishable crime in the military 

https://www.stripes.com/blogs-archive/the-rumor-doctor/the-rumor-doctor-1.104348/can-troops-be-punished-for-damaging-government-property-if-they-get-a-sunburn-1.109131#.WXmbsMYxWf0

Also, transitioning in the military is only done when recommended by military doctors.

TH 

1 hour ago, Thakkar said:

Then tell me what you think when you get to these parts:

Galatians 3:28 ESV / 97 helpful votes

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 12:12-27 ESV / 27 helpful votes

For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit. For the body does not consist of one member but of many. If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. ..."

Thanks. 

T

Lol... I would thank my lucky stars that these writers weren't in charge of making international foreign policy or decisions. ( well... any policy or decisions actually)

and i cant help but note that the followers of Christ have largely ignored these writings in persecuting others, post this dogma

3 minutes ago, thaihome said:

Also, transitioning in the military is only done when recommended by military doctors.

TH 

My question is... why would it be recommended?

not for physical reasons, surely, so that leaves mental reasons... ergo transitioning out would be better ( if one has mental reasons)

1 hour ago, UncleFester said:

When Jesus makes the rank of General we can discuss your follies.

Interesting... but are they not all leaders... follies indeed.

a president (etc) is the leader of a nation.

a general is the leader of an army

a Jesus is the leader of a faith

7 minutes ago, retarius said:

I'm sure there will be a court ruling shortly to say that the ban is unconstitutional or some other reason.....followed by an appeal court ruling etc etc until the supreme court approves it.

So sorry to burst your bubble, but no judge is going to countermand an order from THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

Just now, UncleFester said:

So sorry to burst your bubble, but no judge is going to countermand an order from THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

Actually military personnel are obligated not to follow orders in certain instances such as being ordered to commit genocidal acts. You're suggesting the U.S. is no better than Nazi Germany. Only following orders. 

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Actually military personnel are obligated not to follow orders in certain instances such as being ordered to commit genocidal acts. You're suggesting the U.S. is no better than Nazi Germany. Only following orders. 

Ah, to be so confused about things so simple for most to comprehend.  The President is Commander in Chief.  Now somehow banning trannies from the military is genocidal?  And you bring up the old canard about Nazis too?  You're just too precious.

Edited by UncleFester