Trump - no transgender people will serve in U.S. military: Twitter

snoop1130

Since we're purely speculating, I bet if Trump had a three way with a sheep and a Great Dane on the White House lawn and it was caught on camera, his supporters will say it never happened. Or that it was a brave thing to do.

Would never happen unless the sheep and pooch were 10s ...

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Boon Mee said:

According to a Rand study, transitioning military people have 14 times higher expenses than your normal soldiers, sailors, airmen etc

Since you're not generally known for supporting your statements, I had to see where this little nugget came from.  Why am I not surprised?

5979760048f87_brietbartcite.png.5fe7c9fea6e0696309b7621b75c7b3ab.png

But if you look at any of the other results below your preferred cite, you'll see they're all calling BS.

The US military should be able to set its own requirements, or should we also allow seniors to join and serve, age requirements cannot be used in the private sector can they? I do not want to pay for future problems you have because you disfigured yourself prior or during your military service.

1 hour ago, F4UCorsair said:

I'd be prepared to bet that if he had announced a drive to recruit more transgenders, the very same people would be criticizing him.....he can't do that, it's discriminatory.   

It would be difficult to imagine greater pettiness and churlishness than I see posted here about Trump.

Yes perhaps some accusations are petty , thats par for the course , Obama had plenty of nonsense thrown in his direction.

Trump though is an exception , he really is a disaster and the sooner he leaves office the better. 

Some of you seem so tied up with him that you just cannot gain a true perspective , one hopes time provokes greater clarity .

13 minutes ago, Grubster said:

age requirements cannot be used in the private sector can they?

They can, if the job requires some skill or ability that older people simply don't have.  This is called the Genuine Occupational Requirement Exemption to the Equal Opportunity Act.

For example, public safety agencies can set age limits because the work they do could be physically demanding (climbing ladders, lifting debris, etc).  Thus rejecting a 60 year-old applicant for a firefighter's position would be in the applicant's best interest, as well as those he would be attempting to rescue.

You can even reject people based on their apparent ethnicity, gender and other aesthetic reasons in situations where those things would be detrimental to the position applied for.  Thus, a short lady with a dark complexion could legally be rejected for the role of Abraham Lincoln in a play.

7 minutes ago, attrayant said:

They can, if the job requires some skill or ability that older people simply don't have.  This is called the Genuine Occupational Requirement Exemption to the Equal Opportunity Act.

For example, public safety agencies can set age limits because the work they do could be physically demanding (climbing ladders, lifting debris, etc).  Thus rejecting a 60 year-old applicant for a firefighter's position would be in the applicant's best interest, as well as those he would be attempting to rescue.

You can even reject people based on their apparent ethnicity, gender and other aesthetic reasons in situations where those things would be detrimental to the position applied for.  Thus, a short lady with a dark complexion could legally be rejected for the role of Abraham Lincoln in a play.

I'm all for that, and I'm all for not allowing anybody into the military that the military does not want. My father was very athletic and was humiliated when he was denied service in WW2 for being flat footed. The military needs to be able to set standards or they will possibly suffer the consequences on the battle field, and saying that there are many non combat roles to be filled is not fair to the healthy normal man going in as his odds of getting one of those non combat roles is being decreased by filling those jobs with those who are not combat ready. Of course they will make exceptions in the case of highly qualified and needed people, like doctors.

When I was young I saw the women's rights movement  disrupt the construction industry, we had to hire women who could only do parts of the job therefore leaving all the intensely hard work for the men no matter their age. This is still the case today, and the women are fire proof so they tend to not get laid off when things get slow. The older guys just got tossed to the dogs. It used to be we would look out for those guys who broke their backs for many years.

2 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

According to a Rand study, transitioning military people have 14 times higher expenses than your normal soldiers, sailors, airmen etc

Here is the link to the RAND study.

http://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR1530.html

Please provide the location of the  quote to support your assertion that the RAND study compared the potential transition cost to medical care for  "normal soldiers, sailors,  airmen, etc".  

In my reading I cannot find any comparison to the medical cost of "normal soldiers, sailors,  airmen, etc".  All I could find was an estimate of $2.4 to $8.4 on page 36 for transition related health care. 

Surely if we can spend $84 million getting the "normal soldiers, sailors,  airmen, etc" dicks hard, we can spend $2 to $8 million on some surgery and hormones.

TH  

5 minutes ago, UncleFester said:

Way to go Mr. President! Who is going to be scared of some soldier wearing Khaki and high heels!  The US Military is designed to kill and break things.  No one will be scared if we send in Trannies to do battle.  Kick them all out.

Size and looks have nothing to do with scary.  Have you heard of child soldiers?

8 minutes ago, UncleFester said:

Way to go Mr. President! Who is going to be scared of some soldier wearing Khaki and high heels!  The US Military is designed to kill and break things.  No one will be scared if we send in Trannies to do battle.  Kick them all out.

Where did you get your knowledge of how trans people dress in battle—from a Carry On movie? Is that also where you got the rest of your education? And, most importantly, where can I sign up for a course?

T

Just now, rijb said:

Size and looks have nothing to do with scary.  Have you heard of child soldiers?

Sure I have, ISIS conscripts them.  African nations under siege do the same thing.  We are America.  I do know the Brits here have some sort of affinity for Trannies, but since we aren't fighting the Brits anymore it would be useless to use Trannies as decoys.  

Just now, Thakkar said:
Where did you get your knowledge of how trans people dress in battle—from a Carry On movie? Is that also where you got the rest of your education? And, most importantly, where can I sign up for a course?

T

If you all want the Trannies so bad, we can send you ours.

1 minute ago, UncleFester said:

If you all want the Trannies so bad, we can send you ours.

Nah. Just send me a list of things you read and watch, so I can avoid them; they seem to have a deleterious effect. 

T

4 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Nah. Just send me a list of things you read and watch, so I can avoid them; they seem to have a deleterious effect. 

T

I'm reading the King James Bible and watching PBS. I have MSNBC and CNN on my mobile phones.

Edited by UncleFester

4 minutes ago, UncleFester said:

I'm reading the King James Bible

Then tell me what you think when you get to these parts:

Galatians 3:28 ESV / 97 helpful votes

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 12:12-27 ESV / 27 helpful votes

For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit. For the body does not consist of one member but of many. If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. ..."

Thanks. 

T

Some stories from victims of trump's bigotry.

https://twitter.com/JennyBoylan?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.advocate.com%2Ftransgender%2F2017%2F7%2F26%2Fjenny-boylan-shares-heartrending-stories-trans-service-members-twitter

There will be lots of push back from this horrific stupid move, but I reckon he wants that. His deplorable/despicable base of HATERS will just defend him even more. He's all about the base and he correctly understands his base does not include the vast majority of LGBTQ Americans. 

Edited by Jingthing

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That is not the topic here.

Yes, he is the legal president even though he lost the popular vote by a large margin. 

Popular vote, whats that? does it even count? seems everyone wants to moan about him yet he was voted in, in the land of the free, didnt he let his views be  known on transgenders? not that id say it was a priority item.

You dont like his views, vote him out next time, Id  say that was  pretty relevant if you dont like what he's doing with Transgenders right now and therefore part of the topic.

Edited by kannot

4 minutes ago, kannot said:

Popular vote, whats that? does it even count? seems everyone wants to moan about him yet he was voted in, in the land of the free, didnt he let his views be  known on transgenders? not that id say it was a priority item.

You dont like his views, vote him out next time, Id  say that was  pretty relevant if you dont like what he's doing with Transgenders right now and therefore part of the topic.

No, he most certainly did NOT campaign on turning back transgender civil rights. 

The popular vote matters because historically presidents that win the popular vote that are still elected suffer the perception that they are not fully LEGITIMATE. Legal, yes. Also, you don't get to dictate to people how they want to protest against the most disgusting human being to ever take that office. Educated Americans know that the political process also happens when elections are not happening. 

Edited by Jingthing

It is a punishable crime in the military to go to the beach and get a bad sunburn, but now its ok to hack your body apart and change sex, no I don't think so. I don't care what you do to yourself but don't put the after effects on me.

4 minutes ago, UncleFester said:

When Jesus makes the rank of General we can discuss your follies.

You are the one that quoted the King James Bible, and now, that you are called out by Thakkar, you have nothing to say, except for your BS responce?

So you say to read the bible, but only uses the parts in the bible to support your rasism, and of course to support the biggest of all, Trump.

And, btw, you nerver served, have you?

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No, he most certainly did NOT campaign on turning back transgender civil rights. 

The popular vote matters because historically presidents that win the popular vote that are still elected suffer the perception that they are not fully LEGITIMATE. Legal, yes. Also, you don't get to dictate to people how they want to protest against the most disgusting human being to ever take that office. Educated Americans know that the political process also happens when elections are not happening. 

But he WAS voted in legally or am I missing something? If he is so "disgusting" why did they vote him in ?and whilst you can protest you can only change that next time..........just  so you know I have no opinion on this  but find  it  odd that he was voted in and  the "popular vote" seems  meaningless, not sure when u say "you dont get to dictate" if thats aimed at "me" or at protesting about it. You can protest all you like as  far as im concerned.

Edited by kannot

5 minutes ago, dutchisaan said:

You are the one that quoted the King James Bible, and now, that you are called out by Thakkar, you have nothing to say, except for your BS responce?

So you say to read the bible, but only uses the parts in the bible to support your rasism, and of course to support the biggest of all, Trump.

And, btw, you nerver served, have you?

This is how you people twist facts.  I told you I was reading the King James Bible.  Show me where I quoted from said Bible.