Keep the Chinese away from us say Jomtien condo owners

webfact

On 7/28/2017 at 12:28 PM, stanleycoin said:

They are Thailand's new quality tourists

They got them to replace us.

Ha Ha,  your welcome :thumbsup:

Not really. Farang are coming here in greater numbers than ever before BUT they are being eclipsed by the Chinese who until last year came in exponentially larger numbers every year to the point where there are now 2-3 Chinese for every westerner. 10 years ago there were half as many westerners BUT only 1/8 as many Chinese visitors. Signs are that the increase in Chinese tourists is slowing and will eventually plateau.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/28/2017 at 2:18 AM, DD13 said:

We were in Central food hall last week and a Chinese "low life"  walking through between the diners, started "hacking-up" and then stood over the litter bin spitting in it

If that wasn't bad enough he then went out to the toilet

Loud, Vulgar, disrespectful race 

One guy makes all the Chinese guilty?

Edited by SheungWan

16 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

One guy makes all the Chinese guilty? Classic racism or what?

We were in another restaurant, when a Chinese woman on the adjacent table "spat" on the floor between ours and their table.....do you think that is acceptable "behaviour"........it most certainly isn't where I come from

I have a Thai wife.......does that sound like I'm racist?

Edited by DD13
Additional word

It is just one of those things that there is a potential risk that the place you are living in may develop problems down the road. We know that a lot of new buildings have and are being built in the Jomtien-Pattaya area. Renting out places to coach parties is one way to fill up empty buildings. Easier to move on if you are renting, but buying/renting have their own set of +/-.

25 minutes ago, DD13 said:

We were in another restaurant, when a Chinese woman on the adjacent table "spat" on the floor between ours and their table.....do you think that is acceptable "behaviour"........it most certainly isn't where I come from

I have a Thai wife.......does that sound like I'm racist?

No not acceptable behaviour. Thai wife doesn't stop some people.

14 minutes ago, tomwct said:

Just another reason not to buy a condo in Thailand. If you like condos "rent" so you can move when you want too!

I prefer to see it as a factor to consider if thinking of buying in a new/newish development.

Edited by SheungWan

On 14/10/2017 at 2:37 PM, SheungWan said:

It is just one of those things that there is a potential risk that the place you are living in may develop problems down the road. We know that a lot of new buildings have and are being built in the Jomtien-Pattaya area. Renting out places to coach parties is one way to fill up empty buildings. Easier to move on if you are renting, but buying/renting have their own set of +/-.

Coach buses are typically very short rentals. Report the landlord for renting less than 30 days without a hotel license and not paying tax on the rental revenue.

Edited by inThailand
fat fingers

On 10/14/2017 at 3:09 PM, SheungWan said:

I prefer to see it as a factor to consider if thinking of buying in a new/newish development.

There is no reason to believe or predict this would happen or that the JPM is weak. Common Areas are held by all the owners for use by all the OWNERS not a herd of tourists.

The owners should raise 20% and call an EGM and vote in a new JPM. Nothing to do with "don't buy" this is, almost certainly,  a condo where the JPM is under the control of the developer. Change it.  

3 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

There is no reason to believe or predict this would happen or that the JPM is weak. Common Areas are held by all the owners for use by all the OWNERS not a herd of tourists.

The owners should raise 20% and call an EGM and vote in a new JPM. Nothing to do with "don't buy" this is, almost certainly,  a condo where the JPM is under the control of the developer. Change it.  

Just going on the original story posted the risk element here appears to be that of new developments with separate hotel and condo facilities in close proximity.

6 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Just going on the original story posted the risk element here appears to be that of new developments with separate hotel and condo facilities in close proximity.

Hi, yes but what is the condo committee made up of?  cannot be both buildings as they will have separate JPM's. The only issue would be if the developer holds 50.01% of ownership. EGM and dismiss the JPM seems the logical recourse.

35 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Hi, yes but what is the condo committee made up of?  cannot be both buildings as they will have separate JPM's. The only issue would be if the developer holds 50.01% of ownership. EGM and dismiss the JPM seems the logical recourse.

I was less responding to managing the current situation with this condo development, than trying to get a fix on anticipating similar problems in future developments. I wonder if a similar problem will pop up in the new developments behind The Avenue or if this situation in Jomtien is a once-off?

Edited by SheungWan

On 10/11/2017 at 9:45 PM, jimster said:

Not really. Farang are coming here in greater numbers than ever before BUT they are being eclipsed by the Chinese who until last year came in exponentially larger numbers every year to the point where there are now 2-3 Chinese for every westerner. 10 years ago there were half as many westerners BUT only 1/8 as many Chinese visitors. Signs are that the increase in Chinese tourists is slowing and will eventually plateau.

I totally disagree with that.  Falang are not coming here in greater numbers then before.  Not even close.

On July 28, 2560 BE at 7:52 AM, golfho said:

Thats what you get when you do business with the israeli

Tulip Group and the owner Kobi.  Same crap at Centara Avenue

in central Pattaya.

I thought Reflection was built by Major Development, a large Thai developer.

It was built, as you say, by Major.  The issue is that directly behind them is a Hotel, also built my Major, and there is a gateway in the rear wall that allows the hotel guests (who just happen to be Chinese in majority) to pass through the Common Area of the Condo to get to the beach. That is what the co-owners are complaining about.