Police chief Chakthip: “I really want Vorayuth back to Thailand”

webfact

Police chief: “I really want Vorayuth back to Thailand”

By Thai PBS

chakthip-270760.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police chief Chakthip Chaijinda reiterated on Thursday (July 27) that the police have wanted Red Bull heir Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya to be extradited back to Thailand to stand trial in connection with the hit-and-run death of Thong Lor policeman, Master-Sergeant Wichien Klanprasert, five years ago.

He, however, defended that the delay in the translation of documents needed for the extradition process was caused by confusion between the Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB) and the Foreign Affairs Division of the Royal Thai Police.

But since the translation work was completed, he said the MPB would send the translated documents in English language in accordance with the extradition protocol to the country where Vorayuth was confirmed to have resided and if that country has already signed an extradition treaty with Thailand, extradition would not be a problem.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-chief-really-want-vorayuth-back-thailand/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-07-28

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sergeant Wichien Klanprasert was one of theirs. Usually they come out guns cocked after perpetrators like this. Just go to any F1 event and look in the Red Bull tent. That would be a loss of face for the family for a arrest to happen like that. Again RIP Wichien Klanprasert. All for just doing a job.

Oh, please...the translation was completed more than 10 days ago and yet he still says "will be sent" not "has been sent". We are not talking about something Proustian in respect of length and yet it takes years....the public is not so gullible to buy these excuses.

Just another senior policeman spouting sh++e.

If these clowns were serious about getting that scumbag back, he would have already have been here.

He is jetting around the world sticking 2 fingers up at the police, because he knows that if they go after him  he will name those that got bought off.

Warrant, translated into English, they think he is in America,so he moves

to Spain,or any other country where English is not first language,so they

have to start all over again, just issue a Interpol Red notice,if you are really

wanting him to face justice.

regards Worgeordie

2 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Oh, please...the translation was completed more than 10 days ago and yet he still says "will be sent" not "has been sent". We are not talking about something Proustian in respect of length and yet it takes years....the public is not so gullible to buy these excuses.

Unfortunately many of the public, even if they do care, will believe anything they are told -  don't disrespect your betters. 

43 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

have to start all over again, just issue a Interpol Red notice,if you are really

regards Worgeordie

Correct. From the Interpol site:

" The legal basis for a Red Notice is an arrest warrant or court order issued by the judicial authorities in the country concerned. Many of INTERPOL’s member countries consider a Red Notice to be a valid request for provisional arrest. "

Of course, they have to be serious about wanting him arrested.

How can people make such statements in public and keep a straight face? 

I for one have stopped buying a particular brand of energy drink and now choose one from the competition. 

Message to Police chief Chakthip - I really want a Honda Civic R type - but that's about as likely as you getting hold of Vorayuth. For Buddha's sake man, get Interpol to issue a RED notice and he will be arrested, ready for extradition back to Thailand.

It's neither brain surgery or rocket science, it's about enforcing the law. And as for Vor's family, if I was his father, I would have dragged him into court by his ears when he committed killing a policeman by reckless driving and trying to avoid taking the blame.

Scum of the earth. 

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

My thoughts as well Worgeordie.  And of course Vorayuth is reading all of this...or his Bangkok friends are feeding him the latest from the clowns in Bangkok...and at the same time he is checking his world atlas locating a non-English speaking country with no extradition agreement with Thailand..

Thailand "Hub of Clowns"

These clowns should be ashamed of themselves. As an ex copper, if something happened to one of our  own, we would not stop until we caught the offender. Other Law enforcement agencies can only shake their heads at how these Thais finest are disrespecting their dead comrade. Money obviously means more than loyalty to their own.

3 hours ago, bdenner said:

The only confusion between these two agencies is how to carve up the contents of the latest brown envelope delivery.

I'm sure that the RTP have a very competent accountant that does the splits.

With the value of money being poured into this mob, is conservatively in the millions of dollars ($) each month, creative accounting is vital>

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Police chief: “I really want Vorayuth back to Thailand”

............so I can personally extract by any expedient means, the remainder of his and his families' fortune. There will be no graft, 10% will go to the BFF (Bib Benevolent Fund), 10% to TGL (The Great Leader), ฿200 for the funeral, any residue I will graciously protect in my bank account for the good of the nation.

Edited by Grusa
Tweaking

1 hour ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

they managed to get that monk in america why cant they get mr red bull? yes we know the answer. seems like this story will actually stay in the media till the statute of limitations runs out. everyone just needs to play the blame game till then.

blame-shifting and defocusing issues is an art here