Ketogenic (Keto) Diet/Lifestyle

DividendGuy

4 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Add in some walking or bike riding. Weights once or twice a week.

Yeah, that's great advice! Will definitely do! Already started walking to 711 where before I would take the car or the motorbike...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, hobz said:

Yeah, that's great advice! Will definitely do! Already started walking to 711 where before I would take the car or the motorbike...

If you get bored walking the same route ride the bike for 10  or 15 mins somewhere else and walk around. Variety is important otherwise it gets boring quick.

I've done 49km in 9 days. 3 different locations.

You can even just walk around all levels of a shopping centre. Good on rainy or hot days.

Edited by Justfine

1 minute ago, Justfine said:

If you get bored walking the same route ride the bike for 10  or 15 mins somewhere else and walk around. Variety is important otherwise it gets boring quick.

I've done 49km in 9 days. 3 different locations.

Yeah good idea, I have some beautiful places not far from my house that i've been planning to walk for months.. will do!

Good job on the 49km in 9 days!

Edited by hobz

1 minute ago, Justfine said:

My best day was 13km. Next week aiming for 15kms. The longer walks give the system a kick along. In a few weeks I will aim for 20kms in two 10 kms sections different locations.

I'm 35 years old, and I walked up Doi Suthep with my 72 year old friend once. He had to wait for many times because I was so exhausted. 

I was sore for a week after! :D Worse than my first jui jitsu class. 

1 minute ago, hobz said:

I'm 35 years old, and I walked up Doi Suthep with my 72 year old friend once. He had to wait for many times because I was so exhausted. 

I was sore for a week after! :D Worse than my first jui jitsu class. 

Only takes 3 weeks of walking and 6 weeks of keto to change things a lot. Your energy levels will be much greater. Energy from fat lasts longer than carb energy.

Just now, Justfine said:

Only takes 3 weeks of walking and 6 weeks of keto to change things a lot. Your energy levels will be much greater. Energy from fat lasts longer than carb energy.

Yeah! I've noticed! it really works.

On 07/01/2018 at 1:28 AM, hobz said:

Yes! It's incredible! I would order 2 or 3 plates for lunch, breakfast and dinner... the usual thai food,, fried vegetables with rice, noodles, etc etc + fried egg on top. That's 6 to 9 dishes per day! (ok, that's thai size portions, but still!) And then I would snack in between! Never satisfied! Like a true drug addict, but for food! 

Now on keto I eat like 2-3 meals per day, and it's only 1 plate for each meal.... and I feel full all the time! Sometimes If I crave something I have a sip of coconut oil or heavy cream :D

I put cream in coffee. Also make sauces with butter and cream 3 times a week to go with fish or meats.