Bangkok area to live?

kopite

Buying property anywhere in Bangkok is a blessing. The roads are clear and clean. The air is great. The drivers are great. There is almost zero traffic even during peak hours. Gone are the days when Bangkok was any other Third World destination. Today is better than the best in the US.

Just now, Annu Nair said:

Buying property anywhere in Bangkok is a blessing. The roads are clear and clean. The air is great. The drivers are great. There is almost zero traffic even during peak hours. Gone are the days when Bangkok was any other Third World destination. Today is better than the best in the US.

HAHA. OK whatever you say......

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Unfortunately, you are the Brit type of uneducated they prey on.

The US stock market has gone up almost 200% over the past 8 years.

You have made less then 20% on your investment in 9 years!  

But, many people I know here are like you they have no idea about investing.  Naive who have no savy or sense and no time for research about the truth.

So, that 2.4 million would be worth so much more probably enough to pay that 15,000 a month for the rest of your life and never touch the principal. 

But hey, if it makes you feel secure with your family to buy, good for you and good luck with it.

You are missing the point. 

The poster is a family man looking to purchase a home for his family. 

This provides a sense of belonging,continuity and love to a family. His main concern are school for his child.my house was an investment in a home for my family rather than make my child grow up in a rented condo moving from place to place. My house is completely paid in 6 months. my child has had a home for 10 years. It is the best investment I ever made. Unfortunately you are the lonely brit type not able to sustain a wife, family home environment, the type that thai bar girls prey on to part you from your investments. 

Just now, greenchair said:

This provides a sense of belonging,continuity and love to a family. His main concern are school for his child.my house was an investment in a home for my family rather than make my child grow up in a rented condo moving from place to place. My house is completely paid in 6 months. my child has had a home for 10 years. It is the best investment I ever made. Unfortunately you are the lonely brit type not able to sustain a wife, family home environment, the type that thai bar girls prey on to part you from your investments. 

Lets not be harsh to bkk6060, I think he gets it now. Shalom.

Midtown - i.e. from Phra Khanong/Ekkamai all the way down to Udon Suk and further if you want to. All on the BTS so easy to get into town, and easy to get to the 7 motorway for Pattaya. Easy for the airport too. Lots of condos at all prices (declining the further you go from Ekkamai) but townhouses and moo-bahns too.

12 minutes ago, greenchair said:

YAWN.... HAHA.  I am far from a Brit.  Like I said, if buying makes you feel better then go for it.

Real estate is not a "liquid asset".  I guess if one cares so much about their family they would learn how to invest for maximum returns and have the liquidity to take care of their family in a crisis..

But, you have no idea what I am talking about so great for you your house is paid and that money is sitting making 2% a year.  

Uh huh, good for you and good job I am glad your family is happy.

37 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

YAWN.... HAHA.  I am far from a Brit.  Like I said, if buying makes you feel better then go for it.

Real estate is not a "liquid asset".  I guess if one cares so much about their family they would learn how to invest for maximum returns and have the liquidity to take care of their family in a crisis..

But, you have no idea what I am talking about so great for you your house is paid and that money is sitting making 2% a year.  

Uh huh, good for you and good job I am glad your family is happy.

I am sure she will be able to use the house as base to make her millions in other investments. Real estate should not be seen as a liquid asset. It is best that it is NOT a liquid asset, thanks Sweet Jesus.

1 hour ago, Annu Nair said:

I am sure she will be able to use the house as base to make her millions in other investments. Real estate should not be seen as a liquid asset. It is best that it is NOT a liquid asset, thanks Sweet Jesus.

He's not going to ever get it. 

The topic is about a family home near a good school. 

His topic is about loss and gains of investment. There is a difference between buying a home and buying a house as an investment. 

Bkk is not able to disguish between the two needs. 

Oh well, we tried. No good beating a dead horse. 

13 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Never never never buy here.  Why??  Keep your money working for you in other investments.

Appreciation here is very minimal.  It is a fool's purchase.

There is no transparency or stats on real estate here.  What is the average price per sq mtr in BKK?  How many units have sold in the past year?  What are the prices by location?  No stats, No answer just BS.

You want to guess on your multi million B investment?

Seems like big stupidity...

Tru dat bro!

Unfortunately, you are the Brit type of uneducated they prey on.
The US stock market has gone up almost 200% over the past 8 years.
You have made less then 20% on your investment in 9 years!  
But, many people I know here are like you they have no idea about investing.  Naive who have no savy or sense and no time for research about the truth.
So, that 2.4 million would be worth so much more probably enough to pay that 15,000 a month for the rest of your life and never touch the principal. 
But hey, if it makes you feel secure with your family to buy, good for you and good luck with it.
Yeah but then i would of started a thread with the title "how to play the stock market in the US as a British citizen".

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk