"Sack 'em all" - market traders want action after tourists keep falling down Pattaya hole.

rooster59

26 minutes ago, Kabula said:

I guess no one thought about buying a little concrete mix and making a patch!

Easier to complain for months and watch people fall in the hole....:post-4641-1156694572:

A bit of plywood 1.2 x 2.4 metres x 10mm thick costs 560 baht from my local hardware shop. Add a few big nails and the job can be done in a bout 10 minutes.

12 hours ago, Banana7 said:

City should step in. Determine who is the water pipe owner and ask them to repair the sidewalk since their water caused the problem. If no one is the owner, cut the pipe, the owner show soon. Water supply is not turned on until sufficient funds are paid to City to properly repair the sidewalk.

Again, no leadership or accountability from City management.

The pipes under public sidewalks are supply pipes - responsibility of the water works. By law - I kid you not - you as a private individual are not allowed to touch any utility supplies on public land. Had a sinking hole in front of my restaurant and just kept it filling up with sand until I made a report to the local police about it. Then only they moved their big fat lazy a"*ç%s and came over to do the job - it took 'em eight solid months. 

No accountability of the PEA or the waterworks - and I could not agree more - sack 'em all 

9 hours ago, harada said:

Perhaps if the shop didn't encroach on the footpath people could walk around the hole.

If tourist farang were not there then they would not fall in hole? Same same 'argument' as crime and road crashes?  :whistling: 

NAH, primary fault lays with 'authorities' whose job it is to get it fixed! :post-4641-1156693976:  Contributory 'fault' is only contributory not primary!

Edited by lvr181
Comment Variation

13 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Or a bit of cardboard laid over it ..

dont know about cardboard "  piece of steel or metal plate to cover may help " or if street vendor is so concerned walk across the road a couple times collect a few buckets of sand fill it up may help , he might break a sweat ! instead of a trip or fall hazard ! anyway not my problem 555 , maybe farangs can fix it while on holidays manage to clean the beaches front of their resort ,

Edited by Mad mick
word missing

8 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

The pipes under public sidewalks are supply pipes - responsibility of the water works. By law - I kid you not - you as a private individual are not allowed to touch any utility supplies on public land. Had a sinking hole in front of my restaurant and just kept it filling up with sand until I made a report to the local police about it. Then only they moved their big fat lazy a"*ç%s and came over to do the job - it took 'em eight solid months. 

No accountability of the PEA or the waterworks - and I could not agree more - sack 'em all 

Hope you had a work permit while shoveling the sand.

??

On 7/29/2017 at 8:41 AM, docshock13 said:

Seems like Sophon Cable is doing some good work in the public interest (re: beaches, demolition debris and now this) and using media to hold those responsible to account. 

That being said, won't be surprised if their broadcast license is revoked in the near future. 

Lets run Sophon Cable for the next Prime Minister or at least next Mayor of Pattaya......

On 7/30/2017 at 8:02 AM, bbi1 said:

I just love it whenever I see a pic of someone pointing at something in a news article. It just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

We know that.

21 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Strangely it might have been Oz.

But I wont argue with you.

???

You could be right, it might have been Oz. I say this because some Aussie like to joke, so the guy would say to his workmate who was about to take away the tree branch, "No,no, wait, you leave that where it is, we will do a nice job". After painting round the branch, he says to his mate, now then mate, it looks better like this wouldn't it?"