Just a normal commute home.

Crossy

Action from about 2.00, not much doubt on the blame this time. Or is there?

Soundtrack again from BBC Radio 2, online, on digital radio and on 88-91 FM, fast forwards or do the Ken Bruce PopMaster Quiz.

No, I did not stop, I have no intention of getting involved in an altercation between two Thai drivers, if they want to they can contact me via YouTube, Facebore or ThaiVisa.

EDIT The camera clock is about 15 minutes fast.

The road going across is the main road not the one that you were driving on .... from now on I will always have a good look down that road before I cross in case there is another idiot driver about ....

Of course that road has recently been widened and re-surfaced so maybe the guy thought he was on the main road ....

Edited by JAS21

4 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

Poor effort on your part to be honest. You could have offered the video to the drivers. Your just like the Thais who witness an accident and keep driving. Mai Jai dee

What's to offer? Mr T-boned didn't even touch the brakes as far as I can tell.

Could have at least checked if everyone was okay before driving away. Neck injuries don't take much. Called the local ambulance if not etc (as it is your normal commute home, I would assume you could do this). Not everything has to be an altercation. How can they contact you if you didn't tell them where they can contact you by? 

1 hour ago, wildewillie89 said:

Could have at least checked if everyone was okay before driving away. Neck injuries don't take much. Called the local ambulance if not etc (as it is your normal commute home, I would assume you could do this). Not everything has to be an altercation. How can they contact you if you didn't tell them where they can contact you by? 

Ahhhh, grasshopper....

Often quoted here, rule one of driving in Thailand, don't stop for someone else's accident.

Besides the bike taxi behind me did stop and there is a group of concerned citizens heading across the bridge towards the sound of lotto numbers.

And, my Thai really isn't good enough to call the emergency services.

2 hours ago, davidst01 said:

Poor effort on your part to be honest. You could have offered the video to the drivers. Your just like the Thais who witness an accident and keep driving. Mai Jai dee

First thing Mrs.Trans taught me was...."You farang, do not get involved"...So I don't....:stoner:

2 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

Yeah nah, bugger stopping.

As for calling an Ambulance, I don't even know the phone number let alone having enough Thai language ability to be able to communicate with them.

17 hours ago, JAS21 said:

The road going across is the main road not the one that you were driving on .... from now on I will always have a good look down that road before I cross in case there is another idiot driver about ....

Of course that road has recently been widened and re-surfaced so maybe the guy thought he was on the main road ....

Yes, looks like main road. On top of that, he came from the left so has right if way on equal roads. Se easy to sort out, no dashcam needed.

12 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

As for calling an Ambulance, I don't even know the phone number let alone having enough Thai language ability to be able to communicate with them.

That's 2 inadequacies on your part.

2 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Why's that ?

If Iam not involved  why should I get involved.

You don't have an ambulance number plus you don't speak enough of the country's lingo to call an ambulance.

24 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Often quoted here, rule one of driving in Thailand, don't stop for someone else's accident.

Besides the bike taxi behind me did stop and there is a group of concerned citizens heading across the bridge towards the sound of lotto numbers.

And, my Thai really isn't good enough to call the emergency services.

Poor excuse. As if they are going to see this thread on tvisa.com.  This bad karma will catch up with you mr moderator. 

Ok chaps, let's keep it civil.

I would have a hard time describing that location in English to an English speaking dispatcher.

Yes, it's on my normal commute but to describe it, no way José, I don't even know the road numbers or the village over the bridge.

20 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

Poor excuse. As if they are going to see this thread on tvisa.com.  This bad karma will catch up with you mr moderator. 

21 minutes ago, ghworker2010 said:

Are you for real?Keep calm be happy.

Just because your having a bad day leave poor Crossy alone, he maybe a sensitive person and get upset.:cheesy:

Actually, there are some very good points made here.

This time it wasn't an issue, but another time, someone trapped, how does one react. Ok I do know the local numbers for the emergency services but how to get them to your location? This is where you need the help of a local (really local not just a Thai speaker, like I noted earlier I couldn't necessarily do it in English).

It would be the same in a remote part of the UK, without a way to get accurate location information to the responders you're stuffed.

There was an App bandied around a couple of years back "Police i lert u" which apparently does everything for you, I have it on my phone but have never tried it, no idea if it still even works.

EDIT https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arunsawad.policeilu&hl=en last updated in May, so still current. Just how good for a non Thai speaker I hope never to have to find out.

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

What's to offer? Mr T-boned didn't even touch the brakes as far as I can tell.

Forget the car damage. You stop to see if anyone is unconscious or incapacetated.......  and grab any gold or cash you see. Or at least that's what I think you do based on watching Thais. 

3 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

I don't really get the above 'rule one of driving in Thailand'. A legal rule? I have never heard of a rule that you can get in trouble if you stop to assist an accident. If quoted as a farang made rule in ThaiVisa, then it is a pretty sad world if we are following those rules (as half of it is rubbish - like in this instance).

I don't speak Thai, but I would have thought most people would have had some sort of system regarding ambulance services depending on the area they live (I understand if he was in another town, but it seems to imply he knows the area well). I have the line ID (for location) and personal phone numbers of the best English speakers out of our crew of ambo staff. Have used the service twice since living here. 

Edited by wildewillie89

9 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

I don't really get the above 'rule one of driving in Thailand'. A legal rule? I have never heard of a rule that you can get in trouble if you stop to assist an accident. If quoted as a farang made rule in ThaiVisa, then it is a pretty sad world if we are following those rules (as half of it is rubbish - like in this instance).

I don't speak Thai, but I would have thought most people would have had some sort of system regarding ambulance services depending on the area they live (I understand if he was in another town, but it seems to imply he knows the area well). I have the line ID (for location) and personal phone numbers of the best English speakers out of our crew of ambo staff. Have used the service twice since living here. 

I never said it was a rule (who has ?).

If I have an emergency and require assistance I do have the numbers of people to call, none of them are an ambulance service but the certainly would know who to call if they themselves cannot be of direct assistance.

Just now, Techno Viking said:

I never said it was a rule (who has ?).

If I have an emergency and require assistance I do have the numbers of people to call, none of them are an ambulance service but the certainly would know who to call if they themselves cannot be of direct assistance.

Rule was a reference to the OPs comments. Just thought I would chuck it in the message. Sorry for the confusion. 

That is obviously the most common thing to do. But if they are not answering? Generally someone will only call an ambulance in a 'real' emergency situation, so it isn't something you can afford to wait around on waiting for a call back. Depending on where you live, the local ambos will have various line groups you can probably join (or just get their personal line/numbers). 

1 minute ago, wildewillie89 said:

Rule was a reference to the OPs comments. Just thought I would chuck it in the message. Sorry for the confusion. 

That is obviously the most common thing to do. But if they are not answering? Generally someone will only call an ambulance in a 'real' emergency situation, so it isn't something you can afford to wait around on waiting for a call back. Depending on where you live, the local ambos will have various line groups you can probably join (or just get their personal line/numbers). 

not all of use need the number of an ambulance on speed dial and if an issue arose that I need an ambulance right there and then then there is a real chance I would not be capable of using the phone anyways, assuming It was within easy access.

Just now, Techno Viking said:

not all of use need the number of an ambulance on speed dial and if an issue arose that I need an ambulance right there and then then there is a real chance I would not be capable of using the phone anyways, assuming It was within easy access.

In reference to yourself that would be the same anywhere in the world (if unconscious or whatever, obviously it is impossible). But usually in reference to other things like the thread/car crashes (if an ambulance was required), all that would be needed was a photo of the scene and a location and an ambulance would be on its way. Also saves time, as if it is a particularly difficult case, the ambos will call the hospital ambos to come. So the photo could possibly save peoples lives as the hospital ambos would arrive similar times to the government ambos (in my area - obviously it will be different in other places). 

I had a few complications with a tick disease. One of the times I felt myself going pretty bad (temperature rising rapidly - was warned by doctors previously about potential issues). So I got onto the ambos staff. By the time they arrived I was in a seizure. Strapped me to the bed and rushed me to the hospital, where i went into another seizure.. People should be aware of what services may or may not be available to them. Otherwise we are just sitting ducks.

1 minute ago, wildewillie89 said:

In reference to yourself that would be the same anywhere in the world (if unconscious or whatever, obviously it is impossible). But usually in reference to other things like the thread/car crashes (if an ambulance was required), all that would be needed was a photo of the scene and a location and an ambulance would be on its way. Also saves time, as if it is a particularly difficult case, the ambos will call the hospital ambos to come. So the photo could possibly save peoples lives as the hospital ambos would arrive similar times to the government ambos (in my area - obviously it will be different in other places). 

I had a few complications with a tick disease. One of the times I felt myself going pretty bad (temperature rising rapidly - was warned by doctors previously about potential issues). So I got onto the ambos staff. By the time they arrived I was in a seizure. Strapped me to the bed and rushed me to the hospital, where i went into another seizure.. People should be aware of what services may or may not be available to them. Otherwise we are just sitting ducks.

Its all good mate, I'll take my chances and be content with my current situation, good to hear you got treatment for you tick issue though.

41 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

all that would be needed was a photo of the scene and a location and an ambulance would be on its way.

And you achieve this how exactly?