Mystery surrounds why foreign couple drowned dog at Jomtien beach

snoop1130

It IS possible to find a vet who will euthanise an animal .... my dog suffered from kidney failure and the vet that had taken care of her ever since I got her didn't want her to suffer any more than I did. They said they would put her to sleep when the time was right .... by which they meant her quality of life was poor and she was starting to suffer.  This they did at my home with considerable dignity and empathy.

Dogs are the most non judgmental loving animals.

Many studies show having a Dog or Pet enhances ones quality of life.

I believe it, but it is a huge commitment and very sad almost like a family member when they are sick or pass.

Not sure if it is worth all the pain any more....

Edited by bkk6060

1 minute ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Influential people murder or on negligent vehicle homicide walk free. Kill a rabid dog in the street many years gaol for animal cruelty. An interesting country Thailand.

Sure but that can apply elsewhere.  Ask Michael Vick.

3 hours ago, impulse said:

Getting pets out may be possible, but getting them into the next country without a legitimate clean bill of health is problematic.

Drowning may not be the best way to go, but it may have been the most humane one that was available to that family in their circumstances.

guess we will probably not find out why they did it and speculations are just speculations. 

you dont need a super healthy dog or cat, just one that is free of transmittable deseases especially rabies. if one is not willing to go the extra mile or spend the extra money one shouldn't get a pet in the first place. this counts for any nationality.

in germany animals have rights and the wellfare of animals falls under the protection of the law. just going about drowing a dog is a serious crime with up to 3 years of jailtime.

37 minutes ago, zzidenn said:

guess we will probably not find out why they did it and speculations are just speculations. 

you dont need a super healthy dog or cat, just one that is free of transmittable deseases especially rabies. if one is not willing to go the extra mile or spend the extra money one shouldn't get a pet in the first place. this counts for any nationality.

in germany animals have rights and the wellfare of animals falls under the protection of the law. just going about drowing a dog is a serious crime with up to 3 years of jailtime.

And in Germany you have vets with protocols that will put a terminal, suffering animal to sleep.  Every one of them.  Try finding one in Thailand and you may well decide that it's better to drown your beloved pet than to let it suffer through another few hours or days of agony while you're going from vet office to vet office. 

Of course, I'm just speculating.  But I'm inclined to speculate giving people the benefit of the doubt.

so if you see some people drowing a little  sick boy you will think its a humane way of killing him and you give them the benefit of the doubt? because 20 minutes of pain and terror when ur lungs fill with water whilst you try to breathe is an acceptable way to die? seriously sad man 

54 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Humans are really strange. All this sympathy for a dog but not for all the people that are maimed and killed every day on the roads.

At least here dogs are treated like humans when they are in terminal pain.

Not euthanized!

Religion has a lot to answer for.

:mad:

the difference is that animals dont have a voice, dont have a chance. humans can look after themselves, we brought domesticated dogs into this world so we all have the responsibility to look after them and care for them. without man there wouldn't be a single dog ir cat on this planet. think about it 

15 minutes ago, zzidenn said:

the difference is that animals dont have a voice, dont have a chance. humans can look after themselves, we brought domesticated dogs into this world so we all have the responsibility to look after them and care for them. without man there wouldn't be a single dog ir cat on this planet. think about it 

Somehow you missed my point...

Very few countries allow terminally ill humans in agony to be euthanized at their own request, whereas animals clearly suffering are.

Nothing to think about for me.

Maybe you should give it some thought.

In Thailand the Buddhist way is not to kill any living thing.

Figure that out.

On 7/31/2017 at 9:43 AM, thequietman said:

Pa Paew said it made her very sad. Couldn't they have just let the dog die a natural death, or if they couldn't take it home they could have just left it here, she lamented.

Un <deleted> believable. It seems to be clear that the dog was cared for ( carried in a white cloth) and was in pain. Getting a vet here to put down a dog is impossible even if the animal is in immense pain.

It's heartbreaking that they had to do this but I feel it was done with love.

done with love?  I could understand killing it, but not by drowning.  Break the poor thing's neck or guillotine it, but slow drowning?  Disgusting.  Maybe they doped it up a lot.

11 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Somehow you missed my point...

Very few countries allow terminally ill humans in agony to be euthanized at their own request, whereas animals clearly suffering are.

Nothing to think about for me.

Maybe you should give it some thought.

In Thailand the Buddhist way is not to kill any living thing.

Figure that out.

yes i missed your point

On 01/08/2017 at 11:39 AM, jossthaifarang said:

If I'm right it's this guy, he lives in a condo, and I don't think you would want to piss him off!

I can't believe it's him; he came across as too sensible; too intelligent to be a dog-lover. I totally agree with his views on Pattaya police.

8 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I can't believe it's him; he came across as too sensible; too intelligent to be a dog-lover. I totally agree with his views on Pattaya police.

If you watch both episodes on YouTube, he talks about feeding the dogs, and helping single moms with no food or home. I honestly believe it could have been him.

Anyway, the only point I was trying to make is that you wouldn't want to piss him off, if It's him. I'm pretty sure the suggestion on your original comment would do just that mate.