Welcome To New Members - 2550/2007

Jai Dee

Hi all.As a new member i want to intro myself to all of you.I was reading thaivisa since more then a year but just signed in now.I did my first trip to thailand in 2005 with my thaifriends who live here in Germany.First we made a trip to the north where their family is living and spent also some time in phuket.As all of us i think, i got addicted to this beautifull county and i am planning my next trip for this year.After my trip i was thinking i am the biggest fool on earth because i havent done it before :D .Anyway i did it and i am happy about that.So time to come again.

Gruss aus Schwerin, Shark and welcome. Enjoy. :o

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

Just joined yesterday and at the moment I'm familiarising myself with the site. Lots to read and some very interesting articles. I look forward to chatting with some of you. I've been to Thailand a few times in the last year and my intention is to live in Chiang-Mai with my fiancee so any hints on marriage options, visas, jobs (university degree holder and T.E.F.L. qualified) and football clubs to join would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Hill 16.

P.S. To Moss Finn of Munster Clan: I take it you're a fellow Irishman? Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day! Pity the lads were pipped at the post. Bring on France in September. God, we owe them a beating!!!

Hi all,

Just joined yesterday and at the moment I'm familiarising myself with the site. Lots to read and some very interesting articles. I look forward to chatting with some of you. I've been to Thailand a few times in the last year and my intention is to live in Chiang-Mai with my fiancee so any hints on marriage options, visas, jobs (university degree holder and T.E.F.L. qualified) and football clubs to join would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Hill 16.

P.S. To Moss Finn of Munster Clan: I take it you're a fellow Irishman? Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day! Pity the lads were pipped at the post. Bring on France in September. God, we owe them a beating!!!

Hi H',

Noticed your name, thought I would give you a welcome, great name you have chosen, I used that once in the Chat room.

Plenty of sub-forums to give you a helping hand, Visa section if you want to bring your Fiance over here, the other visa section for you going to Chaing Mai, there is a dedicated Chaing Mai section, Lopburi knows quite a bit about that place and teaching section all of its own.

There is also couple of sports sections including a dedicated football team run by Tytus and Sunbelt, but do not know any more than that.

Apart from that :o:D

you are now in the :D

Good Luck

Moss

As for St Patricks day, a great game on the day, just no cigar, but my theory is that it is not entirely a bad thing, it may give the character and sense of dissapointment to go and win the Cup in November.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a new member and i'm thinking of moveing to Thailand (Near pattaya), but i donno if i can get a job there, how easy it is to learn the language and so on.

I'm haveing a really hard time finding anything on the internet about it.

Andersgreve

Welcome to ThaiVisa Andersgreve.

:o

There's plenty of good information here for you.

Have a browse through the Pattaya forum and the Thai language forum for starters... if you don't find the answers you're looking for there you can always start a new topic specific to your needs.

Hi

Yet another "newbie" ... coming to Thailand end of July. Hopefully by then most of my questions will be answered in this forum !! ! :o

...so apologies now as there may be many.

Thanks so far to the people I have talked to.

Guy

Hi Suequh

thanks for the welcome, where am I going ? at the moment I have a pretty free itinerary and timescales, plan is at the moment to spend a month - month half in Bangkok using this as a base to travel to the north of the country, then spend a couple of months down amongst the isalnds.

I have a couple of friends in the UK who will return to Thailand mid-sept, and will take it from there. There is a "loose" plan to look at business opportunities, but having read some of the ups and downs I am not sure if this will be viable !!

Cheers

G

Hi all.As a new member i want to intro myself to all of you.I was reading thaivisa since more then a year but just signed in now.I did my first trip to thailand in 2005 with my thaifriends who live here in Germany.First we made a trip to the north where their family is living and spent also some time in phuket.As all of us i think, i got addicted to this beautifull county and i am planning my next trip for this year.After my trip i was thinking i am the biggest fool on earth because i havent done it before :D .Anyway i did it and i am happy about that.So time to come again.

Gruss aus Schwerin, Shark and welcome. Enjoy. :o

Thanks for the welcome qwertz! Greetings back from Mannheim

Hello to everybody.

I am new, and unfortunately I have just recently learned about this site, it might just end up being a short pleasure, if you dont understand what I mean please look at my first posting on Thai Visa, but I think the site is the best I have seen yet here in Thailand.

Best regards.

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site also.

Living in Hua Hin, not a great deal about the area on the site, but I have found some useful information already.

Site wide there is a huge amount of information about Thailand, culture, laws, experiences and so on that I've not needed to post that many questions, just read, search and I've found pretty much what I've needed to know. Excellent site for info.

Only been living here a short while, hope to contribute more as I settle in and gain experiences of actually iliving in Thailand as opposed to being the tourist/traveller I have been for the last ten or so years. There is a big difference between the two, I have realised that already.

Keep up the good work, many thanks

Phil.

My last day of work is August 31st, and I can hardly wait. The wife and I (she's Thai) will be relocating to Det Udom (Issan) Sept 1st if possible. I'll have to get my visa from the LA Consulate sometime around the first of July and she's getting her Thai passport renewed then also. We have a couple pieces of property and will start building later this year, once she makes up her mind on the floor plan. I've been back twice since 1974 and this time it will be for good.

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

:D to :o

This is the Welcome thread for 2550/2007, so post your introduction here.

C'mon... don't be shy... say hello.

hello all :D a bit late for my first post but only found this thread yesterday,great forum,learn a lot,only been to thailand once so far and loved it,my friend has lived in sangkhla buri for past 2 years & kept on at me 2 visit,so in feb this year I came 4 20 days & glad I did I am too,we started in bangkok & took nite train 2 chaing mai (which I loved)then motorbike 2 pai, which was exellent chill out place & then onto mae hong song,couldn't complete our route as landslide on road so we went back 2 chaing mai for a few more days,(said I loved it)we then flew back 2 bangkok & got taxi 2 kanchanaburi for a couple of days,which was great,hired motorbikes again & rode 2 sangkhla buri 2 see my mates place & meet friends,back 2 kanchanaburi for last few days as loved that town too,met a lovely girl & have been in touch ever since,seriously looking into relocating to kanchanaburi & have found this forum a mine of information & such nice helpful members,not done this b4 & new 2 computers too (@ 37 yrsold :D ) but learning all the time,check it out every day,gonna learn thai language & writing which is a bit overwhelming @ the moment but determined to succeed,don't wanna just rely on being another farrang expecting every one 2 speak english,think it shows respect to thai people & culture,visa issues are a bit of a mine field too,have a lot of things to research when I return in oct & again next feb/march,shame about land/house ownership problems I think I will rent 2 start off,got some good advice from this forum & won't b rushing into relationship/emigration without checking it all out 1st & being very cautious b4 commiting 2 any thing,keep up the good work,yours sincerely pimpernell :D (shame its so far away as I think I would be there every weekend)

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

:D to :o

This is the Welcome thread for 2550/2007, so post your introduction here.

C'mon... don't be shy... say hello.

hello all :bah: a bit late for my first post but only found this thread yesterday,great forum,learn a lot,only been to thailand once so far and loved it,my friend has lived in sangkhla buri for past 2 years & kept on at me 2 visit,so in feb this year I came 4 20 days & glad I did I am too,we started in bangkok & took nite train 2 chaing mai (which I loved)then motorbike 2 pai, which was exellent chill out place & then onto mae hong song,couldn't complete our route as landslide on road so we went back 2 chaing mai for a few more days,(said I loved it)we then flew back 2 bangkok & got taxi 2 kanchanaburi for a couple of days,which was great,hired motorbikes again & rode 2 sangkhla buri 2 see my mates place & meet friends,back 2 kanchanaburi for last few days as loved that town too,met a lovely girl & have been in touch ever since,seriously looking into relocating to kanchanaburi & have found this forum a mine of information & such nice helpful members,not done this b4 & new 2 computers too (@ 37 yrsold :D ) but learning all the time,check it out every day,gonna learn thai language & writing which is a bit overwhelming @ the moment but determined to succeed,don't wanna just rely on being another farrang expecting every one 2 speak english,think it shows respect to thai people & culture,visa issues are a bit of a mine field too,have a lot of things to research when I return in oct & again next feb/march,shame about land/house ownership problems I think I will rent 2 start off,got some good advice from this forum & won't b rushing into relationship/emigration without checking it all out 1st & being very cautious b4 commiting 2 any thing,keep up the good work,yours sincerely pimpernell :D (shame its so far away as I think I would be there every weekend)

Welcome pimpernell,

I hope you find the site as useful as i do! :D

Mark

new 2 computers too but learning all the time,check it out every day,gonna learn thai language & writing which is a bit overwhelming @ the moment visa issues are a bit of a mine field too,have a lot of things to research when I return in oct & again next feb/march,shame about land/house ownership problems I think I will rent 2 start off,got some good advice from this forum & won't b rushing into relationship/emigration without checking it all out 1st

Hi Pimpernell, came across you today and then saw you here.

:D to :D and :o

As you have already found there is a wealth of info here and for your learning curve stated above click here for visa info and here for Thai language and here for info on Land Ownership and here for Residency, work permits etc

I am sure you have found them already

Good Luck

Moss