Gone fishing - Russia's Putin bares chest on Siberian lake trip

rooster59

Gone fishing - Russia's Putin bares chest on Siberian lake trip

640x640 (3).jpg

Russian President Vladimir Putin holds a fish he caught during the hunting and fishing trip which took place on August 1-3 in the republic of Tyva in southern Siberia, Russia, in this photo released by the Kremlin on August 5, 2017. Sputnik/Alexei Nikolsky/Kremlin via REUTERS

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin stripped to his waist to brave the cold waters of a mountain lake as part of a three-day fishing and hunting trip in the Siberian wilderness, the Kremlin said.

Putin, 64, is renowned for his strong-man publicity stunts, which have contributed to his sky-high popularity ratings. The trip comes eight months before Russia's presidential election next March and, though he has yet to announce his candidacy, Putin is widely expected to run and to win comfortably.

The hunting and fishing expedition took place on Aug. 1-3 in the republic of Tyva in southern Siberia, on the Mongolian border, some 3,700 km (2,300 miles) east of Moscow.

Pictures and video footage released by the Kremlin on Saturday showed Putin - who is also a keen practitioner of martial arts and ice hockey - spear-fishing, swimming and sunbathing alongside Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu.

"The water in the lake doesn't get warmer than 17 degrees, but this didn't stop the president from going for a swim," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Friday.

"He went hunting underwater with a mask and snorkel ... The president chased after one pike for two hours, there was no way he could shoot it, but in the end he got what he wanted."

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-08-06

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"He went hunting underwater with a mask and snorkel ... The president chased after one pike for two hours, there was no way he could shoot it, but in the end he got what he wanted."

In 17 degree water?  For 2 hours.  No way. LOL  Hypothermia would get him.  Pike swim really fast.  I doubt Putin can swim that fast. LOL

8 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

In 17 degree water?  For 2 hours.  No way. LOL  Hypothermia would get him.  Pike swim really fast.  I doubt Putin can swim that fast. LOL

Maybe file that report alongside the one that claims Fat Boy Kim shot several holes-in-one on a slow golf day.

Speaking of baring flesh in public;   Don't tell Thai authorities, but I've gone skinny dipping at about 9 different Thai national parks - one was within sight of Chiang Mai city center.  I think I startled a horse, when he saw the size of my dingaling.

Someone should tell Putin that he is a gay icon in the West, and his bare-chest images are popular in gay bars, gay health clubs, etc.  I don't think he will take it well, and it might stop him from posing in the future.

Edited by bendejo

11 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Seems he was in a wetsuit.  Good luck swimming fast enough to catch a pike underwater! Too funny. Anything to pump up his image at home.

Anyway, looks like an awesome place to vacation.  Love that part of the world...during the summer! LOL

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/05/politics/putin-vacation-siberia/index.html

170805073416-01-vladimir-putin-0805-exla

4 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Speaking of baring flesh in public;   Don't tell Thai authorities, but I've gone skinny dipping at about 9 different Thai national parks - one was within sight of Chiang Mai city center.  I think I startled a horse, when he saw the size of my dingaling.

A police officer will be dispatched to your location presently.  Please have 2,000 baht ready for collection.

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Seems he was in a wetsuit.  Good luck swimming fast enough to catch a pike underwater! Too funny. Anything to pump up his image at home.

Anyway, looks like an awesome place to vacation.  Love that part of the world...during the summer! LOL

UPDATE:

The wet suit was for protection against mosquitos: the scenery looks like Finland (to be avoided in the summer....).

And chasing a pike that was drugged by the polluted water? Easy!

3 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

UPDATE:

The wet suit was for protection against mosquitos: the scenery looks like Finland (to be avoided in the summer....).

And chasing a pike that was drugged by the polluted water? Easy!

I've only been there in late spring.  Lake Baikal was still partially frozen over. So, no mozzies!!  LOL

But the smoked fish from that lake is awesome!  This was my lunch while sitting on the shore of the lake.  Freezing...LOL

image.jpeg.70bf96ad62cf14416c063c30a9fd0aa6.jpeg

Edited by craigt3365

Poetin has a bear carpet in his room.

It's not dead, it's just afraid to move.

When Poetin is doing push-ups, he's not pushing himself up, he's pushing the world down.

Every night the Boogy Man checks his closet for Poetin.

Definitely not bad for a guy his age.  Being a couple of years older than him, I wonder how he gets rid of his 'love handles.'  Oh well, wife has something to hold on to.  Lol.  :smile:

2 hours ago, bendejo said:

Someone should tell Putin that he is a gay icon in the West, and his bare-chest images are popular in gay bars, gay health clubs, etc.  I don't think he will take it well, and it might stop him from posing in the future.

He's really not that in the way you're suggesting. His images are used to mock him because of his anti-gay regime. 

13 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Say what you want, but he makes all the other world leaders look like soft little marshmallows in comparison. He's the consummate alpha male. It's unfortunate that he is probably also pure evil, but as a manly man, he sets the bar. 

I sense "bromance" in the air.:wub:

:tongue:Just kidding.

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:
17 hours ago, bendejo said:

He's really not that in the way you're suggesting. His images are used to mock him because of his anti-gay regime. 

Actually I didn't know there was any truth to what I posted, I was suggesting he be told that to rankle his ass.

"Hey Vlad, it's not the ladies who appreciate those pics...."