Thai post office praised after parcel reaches its destination!

webfact

Thai post office praised after parcel reaches its destination!

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- The Thai post office has been hailed online after a parcel reached its intended recipient.

But we should explain that the news concerns a parcel where the postman had little to go on except the word "Thailand" and a postcode.

Karn Burananatt said on Facebook it was "remarkable" that the package of goods ordered online from China had reached its destination.

A picture showed how the address had been "written". It just said:

???????????

806/125

???????????

Thailand

Sanook said it made a change for people online to praise the Thai Post Office after many complaints in the past.

No one commented that the parcel seemed to have originated in Belgium.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-08

So the item was ordered from China, but comes from some city in Kentucky, and was shipped from Belgium to Thailand ? Sheesh, that's a long way around to get something !

In Canada the post office would just toss the package into an "undeliverable" bin and eventually it would have been either returned to sender or stolen. 

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

There is only one house numbered 806/125 in Pathum Thani. Took me all of 35.8 seconds on google maps.

598922c7ee83f_PathumThani.jpg.dc0ef02988edeb562037c564404c6b02.jpg

598922e894ff4_foundit.jpg.21f125875f3629ee81beb2c9b3a3c3d0.jpg

Now, there is no need to go raining on their parade, allow them an opportunity to impress their countrymen.

Headline News - A first for Thai Post Office.  If I am expecting a parcel, I wait two weeks after the likely delivery date then visit the Post Office.  I invariably receive it along with the message 'it just came in today.'

so the secret top getting your mail and packages from the thai postal service is to not use any names what so ever,  will have to make sure I never have name, soi, village etc listed  on them from now on.

Actually the destination addess already has all the information needed for the Thai Post Office to locate the place. Property lot number and ZIP code is enough. I sometimes receive mail at my condo unit with just a name and the unit lot number and zip.

Edited by kotsak

A few years ago I ordered something from Etihad Rewards programme. It was shipped from China. Unfortunately they screwed the address up. 

I received a call from the Thai post office to ask where I lived. One of the employees drove his own car to my house after work to deliver it. 

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Headline News - A first for Thai Post Office.  If I am expecting a parcel, I wait two weeks after the likely delivery date then visit the Post Office.  I invariably receive it along with the message 'it just came in today.'

I sent a registered letter to Australia on 16 July, the tracking said it left Thailand on 19 july but was only received in Australia yesterday. This is a typical delay in Australia but anything sent to me usually arrives within a week.

9 hours ago, Kerryd said:

So the item was ordered from China, but comes from some city in Kentucky, and was shipped from Belgium to Thailand ? Sheesh, that's a long way around to get something !

In Canada the post office would just toss the package into an "undeliverable" bin and eventually it would have been either returned to sender or stolen. 

My reaction to that would be, kudos to Thailand Post. . OTOH, Canada Post obviously doesn't go the extra distance and obviously, doesn't give a damn.

As others have said, there was enough info in the address box to actually find a destination in Thailand..:clap2:

5 hours ago, kotsak said:

Actually the destination addess already has all the information needed for the Thai Post Office to locate the place. Property lot number and ZIP code is enough. I sometimes receive mail at my condo unit with just a name and the unit lot number and zip.

Yes, you're quite correct.

The 1st part of the number identifies the Mobaan and the 2nd the house number. Elementary my dear Watson.

I did once receive a letter addressed to me at 'Rose Cottage, Northern Ireland'. Now that impressed me!

6 hours ago, BWPattaya said:

A few years ago I ordered something from Etihad Rewards programme. It was shipped from China. Unfortunately they screwed the address up. 

I received a call from the Thai post office to ask where I lived. One of the employees drove his own car to my house after work to deliver it. 

That's truly amazing. You found something in an airline reward programme worth buying!

16 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I have lived in Hua Hin for 3.5 years and I have never received any of my mail. NOT ONCE.

Next time try giving your address as a a line of question marks. It may just arrive, same as the parcel in the OP.