"Magical divine markings" appear overnight at Chaiyaphum temple - it is a message from the gods, say stunned locals

webfact

"Magical divine markings" appear overnight at Chaiyaphum temple - it is a message from the gods, say stunned locals

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GO1C8AUtZPzJ1HvRTQ.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

CHAIYAHPHUM: -- Thai Rath reported that villagers in Chaiyaphum were stunned after "divine markings" believed to be evidence of "Phayanak" appeared at a temple.

They called the markings "Arabic numbers" and to the trained eye they appeared to depict the symbols for five, three and eight.

Khampong Titchaiphoon, 60, was in no doubt that this was divine intervention and she and her friends ran around excitedly telling everyone including the monks what they had found.

The inscriptions had appeared on one of the Thai "wan phra" or holy days too. They were at the temple of Way Phuthowat in Cheelong district.

The area was cordoned off with string and some chairs as people started praying and making merit with flowers and incense.

And a handy donation box was also set up on a table.

Phayanak features in many legends especially in the north east of Thailand where the god is believed to be responsible for sending the rains at the start of the planting season, Thaivisa notes.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-09

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

They called the markings "Arabic numbers" and to the trained eye they appeared to depict the symbols for five, three and eight.

The trained eye? Anyone who knows what 5, 3, and 8 look likes then. Maybe if you aren't from earth or under 4 years old it would be a problem to work it out.

One of the things I love about living in this country, is that every day I just know I am going to hear or see some example of almost unbelievable stupidity. I really don't see that changing much either when you have folk like these rather dumb people actually believing that was supernatural. I'm sure the temple will make good money today though.