Some more TM30 questions...

ExpatDraco

1) I'm going to rent a house in Pattaya. After I move in there I (or the owner) will probably have to do a TM30 in Jomtien? (Now I'm staying in a hotel). Or at least the one in charge should do it?

2) I will have spare bedrooms for friends, when they come to stay over, who will need to do the TM30 report? I will have many friends comming and going, not sure if the landlord/owner will be happy with all that reporting? :-) All of the will be on tourist visa's or exempt visa stamps, so maybe nobody cares?

Thanks for any advice!

The "house-master" or "owner" files a TM30. If the owner/landlord isn't up to reporting you or your frequent visitors, maybe you can initially self-file your own TM30 as "possessor" of the residence. Then the onus will be on you to complete subsequent TM30's for your visitors and do the regular trips to Jomtien to turn them in.

...the paperwork I mean.

I wonder how immigration will know that I have guests that will be staying for a couple of days or even a few weeks?

Let's say they stay for a week in BKK in a hotel. Hotel does the TM30. They come over and sleep a few days at my place that I rent. Then they will continue to Koh Chang and there's another TM30 being made. After that they fly home. Yeah, there's a TM30 gap but who will check that?

6 hours ago, ExpatDraco said:

I wonder how immigration will know that I have guests that will be staying for a couple of days or even a few weeks?

Let's say they stay for a week in BKK in a hotel. Hotel does the TM30. They come over and sleep a few days at my place that I rent. Then they will continue to Koh Chang and there's another TM30 being made. After that they fly home. Yeah, there's a TM30 gap but who will check that?

Nobody.

It's entirely up to you if you want to do things by the book or mostly ignore it. That's exactly how Thai Immigration works.

8 hours ago, ExpatDraco said:

It's totally up to tipp-offs........

ExpatDraco:

2) I will have spare bedrooms for friends, when they come to stay over, who will need to do the TM30 report? I will have many friends comming and going, not sure if the landlord/owner will be happy with all that reporting? :-) All of the will be on tourist visa's or exempt visa stamps, so maybe nobody cares?

Unless Immigration becomes aware that they are staying with you - probably doesn't matter. But, if your guest goes to Immigration for a service, e.g., extending their permission to stay by 30 days at the time they are staying with you, then the failure to file the TM.30 within 24 hours of their arrival at your residence could result in you (as possessor) being fined.

31 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

ExpatDraco:

Unless Immigration becomes aware that they are staying with you - probably doesn't matter. But, if your guest goes to Immigration for a service, e.g., extending their permission to stay by 30 days at the time they are staying with you, then the failure to file the TM.30 within 24 hours of their arrival at your residence could result in you (as possessor) being fined.

Fine runs up to 10,000 baht for House Master.

56 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

ExpatDraco:

Unless Immigration becomes aware that they are staying with you - probably doesn't matter.

But, if your guest goes to Immigration for a service, e.g., extending their permission to stay by 30 days at the time they are staying with you, then the failure to file the TM.30 within 24 hours of their arrival at your residence could result in you (as possessor) being fined.

And of course your friend will be denied  the 30 days extension, on top of that, your friend can be fined for not registering his address, depending on the mood of Immigration Officer (mine was in bad mood)

If your friend has only few days left on his visa, or his permission to stay, he will probably not have enough time to get copies of house books, copy of owner's ID, all the paperwork necessary to register his address, so he will not receive his 30 day extension, he'll have to leave country, because his stamp is up.

It gets really tricky if you rent a condo, but you never meet the owner, there's no way to get the paperwork.  If your friends stay here more than 30 days, I would try and  register the address. Hopefully we will have the option of ankle bracelet soon, so things will become clearer, and easier, because right now registering your address can be impossible task. 

During my 17 yrs.in Thailand, I have had umpteen family members staying at my house or condo.....never filled out a form for any of them.

I don't think it makes any difference anyway but they were all staying for less than 30 days.

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

During my 17 yrs.in Thailand, I have had umpteen family members staying at my house or condo.....never filled out a form for any of them.

I don't think it makes any difference anyway but they were all staying for less than 30 days.

17 for you 16 for me, the rules have always been there BUT the enforcement has only started in the last year or so.  What we have done in the past counts for nothing.

7 hours ago, balo said:

Just ignore it. If you worry about a fine of 10k , you can't afford to live here anyway.

Love that response. I know I can't afford to live here anymore, but I can't afford to leave either!  If I give you my bank account details can you deposit a million or two please!!!

Smug self satisfied responses like yours help no-one.

10 hours ago, balo said:

Just ignore it. If you worry about a fine of 10k , you can't afford to live here anyway.

LOL> I would hate the pay a 10k fine, but can afford to live here... and have been affording it for over a decade. I've got better things to do with my money.

On 8/9/2017 at 3:21 PM, ExpatDraco said:

Nobody...it's freakin' ridiculous. Impossible to even imagine tracking every single tourist and expat's whereabouts! Many times they can't even track and find Thai people of interest that are wanted for myriad reasons. :coffee1:

22 hours ago, gmac said:

Love that response. I know I can't afford to live here anymore, but I can't afford to leave either!  If I give you my bank account details can you deposit a million or two please!!!

Smug self satisfied responses like yours help no-one.

Smug? Self satisfied?

I saw it as pragmatic.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:58 PM, dotpoom said:

However, if a neighbor had complained, or something else necessitated a police involvement with one of them ( traffic accident ), YOU would be in the gun for not filling TM 30 on them.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:53 AM, Skeptic7 said:

Nobody...it's freakin' ridiculous. Impossible to even imagine tracking every single tourist and expat's whereabouts! Many times they can't even track and find Thai people of interest that are wanted for myriad reasons. :coffee1:

It's not the point whether it's a practical law or not. The point is that it is the law, and if one does not comply, one can not complain if fined for non compliance.

Up to the house master to do or not do.