New immigration form goes into effect in October

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Trollmann said:

Ministry of Interior to clarify the ministerial regulations did not cancel the 6 m just change the format to fill. Hope to reduce airport congestion in airports.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=no&sl=th&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pptvhd36.com%2Fnews%2Fประเด็นร้อน%2F61933%3Futm_source%3Dline%26utm_medium%3Dlinetoday_original%26utm_campaign%3Dnews

https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1032997

Please stop posting translations made with translate.google.com. They are useless. 

7 hours ago, madmitch said:

Thailand's way of embracing the digital age: there's a space for email address (though probably not enough room to write it legibly).

Probably for spam: buy whitening cream, go on gem-shopping tour...

Do they really think, that I give them my real email address? No way, Jose!

3 hours ago, WhizBang said:

So how exactly does this improve ANYTHING?

Stupid is, as stupid does.  Way to go Prayut, you've got another winner.

Well, someone got a nice bonus payment for this stupid useful idea. And someone's family business got the profitable printing job, so it was well worth it! :spamsign:

Edited by StayinThailand2much

4 hours ago, CeeGee said:

When I come on holiday! I do not give out my e mail or telephone number to anyone who asks for it, especially when they do not tell me what they want it for.!!!!

They will get an old freeserve address(that is no longer valid) and a telephone number of 10 random numbers.

On the old form just ticked any three income numbers each time (made it three just to confuse them).

In ten years, no one ever queried it.

Tell me why you want my e mail and telephone number and I might give you the information, dont tell my why, and you are getting nothing

LOL. Immigration officer: "Why did you tick 20,000 , 50,000 , and more than 100,000 for your income...?".

Tourist (with a laugh): "Cause my income is more than 170,000...". :smile:

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Well did you miss the personal information form they were "requesting" and in some cases mandating people fill out?  Bank information, multi media frequent pages, etc?  Of course many people put down false information

Oh, all that false information I will have to invent...

Would be fun, if travellers "came together" on social media, agreeing on similar (mis)information when arriving at the airport - One immigration officer to the next: "Hey, are all your tourists 'farmers' too? What the..." 

7 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Arriving at BKK this afternoon immigration queues were in excess of 2 hour wait times. 

Luckily I was on business but it still took 20 minutes for me to get through the Premium Lane. 

Do not worry!

Once this new TM6 starts being used, queues will reduce from 2 hours to 5 minutes!

Will they provide a microscope so we can read the smaller print then whats in my rental car agreement?

I am in trouble! I was scolded by immigration for signing my copies to big.

Edited by inThailand
fat fingers

I suspect no-one at the relevant Ministry had the balls to tell Prayut replacing a card system with something quicker would take at least 2 years of procurement, testing, training and roll-out, not to mention an investment of maybe a billion baht. So they just rejigged the form and presented it as a new system whilst simultaneously congratulating the leader on his amazing management skills and foresight.

You see this in Thai companies all the time. Boss issues orders without considering the difficult issues. Nobody can tell him his instructions are unworkable, too costly or not thought through. The result is the underlying issue is not addressed.

Look on the bright side in filling the new form takes a minute less than the old form, with 60 million tourists coming in that's 60 Million minutes saved, Voila !!!

Edited by Dave67

Theres lots of things in this world that people dont agree with or like.

Thhing is thats tough we have to do whats put in front of us. Cant really see why your all moaning had to fill out the old TM 6 so we still have to fill out a new one or is it the 3 to minutes of your valuable time you will miss?. Looks a lot better to me departure sode a lot smaller easier to have in passport.

Live with it and stop the moaning your like washer women down by the river you really are

10 hours ago, Cadbury said:

I enjoy a good swipe at a delinquent and incompetent government. It is not so much a simple matter when it causes so much grief to those who stand in the queues for hours on end,  You obviously live the cosy life where it does not affect you. Other neighbouring S.E Asian countries have done away with this type of form for years. Thailand is living in the dark ages when it come to immigration processing. 

Been there done that, under successive governments since 2005. My gripe was the gratuitous swipe at the current 'military regime'.

At the last two immediate neighboring countries were Laos and Cambodia....you need visas there, plus arrival/departure cards.

Don't get me wrong I can't see the benefit of pointless exercises either, I just don't heap all the blame on the current administration. 

13 hours ago, brommers said:

In more than two decades I have never entered the same information on each successive form

Good on you. I make a point of putting different information every time as well, just to confirm that nobody ever reads them. It's fun to see how ridiculous you can be when filling out these forms! 

Always makes me smile when I come back to Thailand. Amazing (and slightly depressing) how the complete lack of common sense starts before you even reach the border.

Edited by eeyang wah

1 hour ago, pattayadgw said:

Obviously none of these immigration people have flown to KL... no forms to fill out for anyone, only finger prints taken... thats it!!  So easy... so convenient.... so fast.... get a grip Immigration Thailand!!!

First you need to understand how to effectively use computers. They just learned they can be used for more than FB and Line. 

I read two days ago that one TM.6 form costs the airlines 0.80 THB and 60.000.000 were distributed the airlines in 2016. That is about 1,2 Million Euro - give or take - and probably all enough reason to Keep it considering that the printing is done by a police run Company.

They will never stop using these. Every one of them cost 80 Stang to produce and  every airline needs to buy them. They are printed buy the immigration police printing house and are a source of income and a means of employment. End of story.

3 minutes ago, bikerbri said:

They will never stop using these. Every one of them cost 80 Stang to produce and  every airline needs to buy them. They are printed buy the immigration police printing house and are a source of income and a means of employment. End of story.

I wondered why you have to ask for one and immigration keep them out of reach and give one and one only per time.

3 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Theres lots of things in this world that people dont agree with or like.

Thhing is thats tough we have to do whats put in front of us. Cant really see why your all moaning had to fill out the old TM 6 so we still have to fill out a new one or is it the 3 to minutes of your valuable time you will miss?. Looks a lot better to me departure sode a lot smaller easier to have in passport.

Live with it and stop the moaning your like washer women down by the river you really are

It's not about how long it takes to fill out. Most people fill them out on the plane or while they're queuing. The problem is the time it takes for the IOs to process the forms.  After Malaysia scrapped the forms getting through immigration in KL became really fast, even when there are big queues. And with regards to "moaning", go tell that to anyone who's had to wait hours to get through, especially those with young children... it ain't fun!

5 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

It's not about how long it takes to fill out. Most people fill them out on the plane or while they're queuing. The problem is the time it takes for the IOs to process the forms.  After Malaysia scrapped the forms getting through immigration in KL became really fast, even when there are big queues. And with regards to "moaning", go tell that to anyone who's had to wait hours to get through, especially those with young children... it ain't fun!

They don't process them whilst you are Waitings  there imputed later. I have in the past stood in queues wityh my children waiting in several countries we visited waiting for hoursl to get a. Stamp in passporys that life.  Listiening to other parents saying oh but we have children we should be allowed to go to rhe front !! Not in my bloody lifetime you in a queque you brought your children live with it.

Oh and we are not in Malaysia. Thailand has decided as Laos as Cambodia to have entry and exit form end of. But it wont stop tbe serial moaners.

16 minutes ago, jmccarty said:

interesting that it is in Thai and English.  I did not realize that Thai's filled this document in also?  Or do we need to complete it in Thai and English now?

Historically, Thai people have got a new card and filled in the "Departure" part on leaving the country, and the "Arrival" part on returning.  Foreign visitors have done the reverse.

Edited by Oxx

Malaysia did away with immigration cards years ago and went for fingertip scanning instead. The country didn't fall apart as a result. Why not Thailand? That said, lines at KLIA2 can be ugly, for the same reason: gross under-staffing.

Malaysia was finish whit this stupid paper for over 3 year ago, no they us fingerprint and pictures, and you get 3 month visa stamp in your passport in the Immigration on the Airport.

And Immigration people smiling and tell you Welcom to Malaysia.

Thailand are 50 year back from the Neighboring country.

(SORRY  2 TIME.)

Edited by nasa123

On 9.8.2017 at 5:30 PM, TVGerry said:

What the hell for? It's the same crap! Just cancel the whole damn thing!

Malaysia was finish whit this stupid paper for over 3 year ago, no they us fingerprint and pictures, and you get 3 month visa stamp in your passport in the Immigration on the Airport.

And Immigration people smiling and tell you Welcom to Malaysia.

Thailand are 50 year back from the Neighboring country.